Children and Teens love to do shamrock and four leaf clover Art, Craft, and STEAM projects for Saint Patrick’s Day. Learn about the difference between a shamrock and a clover and enjoy getting creative with the kids this spring with these fun Shamrock art projects and clover craft projects for kids!
We’ve rounded up an awesome collection of shamrock art projects for Saint Patrick’s Day. You will find lots of easy shamrock craft projects and lucky four leaf clover craft projects to try this spring.
All of the shamrock and clover arts and crafts below are labeled and placed into categories to make it easy to find the type of project you are looking for. Of course, many of these art and craft projects for kids can be slightly altered to make them into shamrocks or clovers if you’d like.
What is the difference between a shamrock and a four leaf clover?
The shamrock has been a symbol of Saint Patrick’s Day and Irish culture for thousands of years. The word shamrock comes from the Gaelic word Seamrog which means “little clover.”
Saint Patrick used the shamrock to explain the Holy Trinity–the father, the son, and the holy spirit. The 3 lobes of the shamrock have also been associated with faith, hope, and love.
So… what is the difference between a shamrock and a clover?
A shamrock is a sprig of clover that has three-lobed leaves on it. While a shamrock is a clover, a four-leaf clover is NOT a shamrock. The four leaf-lobes of the four-leaf clover cannot represent the Trinity.
Now, now, don’t fret… four-leaf clovers are pretty awesome too. The Celtic people considered them a symbol of good luck and carried them as a charm. Many people view them as a symbol of faith, hope, love, and luck.
My father is an Irishman named Patrick… so is my brother. They both wanted to make sure I informed my readers of the facts. Shamrock art and craft projects have three-lobed leaves while lucky clover art and craft projects have the lucky four-lobed leaves.
In this collection, you will find the best shamrock and clover arts and crafts with a few STEAM projects thrown in for good measure.
Related: Under the Sea Ocean Art Projects
The Best Shamrock and Clover Art and Craft Projects for Kids
Enjoy any of the beautiful shamrock art projects and shamrock STEAM projects below or be inspired to create your own.Get creative and have fun!
Shamrock Art Projects for Kids
- Rainbow Watercolor Salt Paint Shamrock | Rhythms of Play
- Saint Patrick’s Day Salt Paint Shamrock Art | Rhythms of Play
- Rainbow Watercolor Resist Art Shamrock | Crafty Morning
- Kid-Made Watercolor Shamrock Clover Cards | Make it your Own for Hello Wonderful
- Marshmallow Shamrock Stamping | The Pinterested Parent
- Shamrock Pencil Eraser Relief Art | Embracing Creativity
- Marble Painted Shamrocks | Plain Vanilla Mom
- Coffee Filter Shamrock | Housing A Forest
- Shamrock Art | Art Projects for Kids
- Saint Patrick’s Day Shamrock Process Art with Kids | Crafty Kids at Home for Hello Wonderful
- Colorful Pastel Shamrock Art | Color It Like You Mean It
Related: The Best Fall Art Projects for Kids
Four Leaf Clover Art Projects
- Pepper Stamped Clovers (find a three-lobed pepper to make shamrocks) | Learn Play Imagine
- Salad Spinner Four Leaf Clovers | About a Mom
Related: DIY Rainbow Peg Dolls Handmade Toy
Shamrock Craft Projects
- Rainbow Shamrock Craft | Housing A Forest
- Paper Strip Shamrocks | Sugar Bee Crafts
- Scrunchy Shamrock Craft | Fireflies & Mudpies
- Shamrock Corner Bookmarks | Red Ted Art
- Saint Patrick’s Day Shamrock Hat | Red Ted Art
- Coffee Filter Shamrock Bouquet | Meet Penny
- Yarn Wrapped Shamrock | Red Ted Art
- Saint Patricks Day Shamrock Garland | Design Improvised
- Paper Quilled Shamrock Cards | Red Ted Art
- Shamrock Clay Pins | Hello Wonderful
- Beaded Shamrocks | Fun-A-Day
Lucky Four Leaf Clover Craft Projects
- Paper Roll Shamrocks | Childmade Tutorials
- How to Make Paper Four Leaf Clovers | DIY Inspired
- Rainbow Four Leaf Clovers | Twitchetts
- Four Leaf Clover Suncatcher | There’s Just One Mommy
- Lucky Four Leaf Clover Suncatcher | Director Jewels
- Mosaic Lucky Four Leaf Clover | Happiness is Homemade
- Four Leaf Clover Doily Craft | A Little Pinch of Perfect
- How to Make a Felt Four Leaf Clover | Molly and Mama
- Boquet of Felt Four Leaf Clovers | Buzzmills
- Saint Patrick’s Four Leaf Clover Necklace | Crafting Chicks
- Lucky Clover Pendant Necklace | Jennuine by Rook No. 17
Related: Real Flower Nature Crafts for Kids
Shamrock Nature Crafts and Four Leaf Clover Nature Crafts
- Painted Sham-Rocks and Four Leaf Clovers | The Pinterested Parent
- Lucky Four Leaf Clover Nature Collage | Rhythms of Play
- Saint Patrick’s Day Shamrock Clover Suncatcher | Pink Stripy Socks
Shamrock STEAM Projects for Kids
- Shamrock Sprouts | Housing a Forest
- Magic Fizzing Shamrocks | The Gift of Curiosity
- Chrystal Shamrocks | Little Bins for Little Hands
- Shamrock Chrystals | Housing a Forest
Related: Rainbow Rainy Day Art
Shamrock Coloring Pages
- Printable Shamrock Coloring Page | Balancing Home
- Shamrock Coloring Page Free Printable | Finding Zest
Related: Halloween Art Projects for Kids
Four Leaf Clover Prints
- Personalized Four Leaf Clover Baby Footprint Shamrock | Pitter Patter Print
- Four Leaf Clover Art Print | Every Day Shenanigans
We hope you enjoy learning about the difference between a shamrock and a clover while creating gorgeous arts and crafts for Saint Patrick’s Day.
Don’t forget to pop over to take a look at all of our other art and craft ideas for kids. Find them all HERE.
You may also like our SPRING BUCKET LIST!
The One Essential Tool You Need To Get Organized For Good!
Join the Rhythms of Play community to get organized, connect with your kids, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!