This list of Saint Patrick’s Day art and craft ideas makes celebrating Saint Patrick’s day fun for kids and adults of all ages.
Here’s a list of easy Saint Patrick’s Day crafts and painting ideas you can make this spring at home or in the classroom with toddlers and preschoolers to grade school students and teens. Grab our bundle of St. Patrick’s Day Printables to make it easy to create green arts and crafts of all kinds. You may also like this list of Easter art projects and painting ideas.
Below you will find lists of St. Patrick’s Day art projects, painting ideas, crafts, and more. Learn about the difference between a shamrock and a clover and enjoy getting creative with your children this spring with this collection of Saint Patrick’s Day Shamrock art, STEAM projects, and lucky four-leaf clover crafts for kids and adults.
Related: Best Rainbow Arts and Crafts
In this collection of St. Patrick’s Day craft ideas, you will find the best shamrock and clover crafts for children and adults, with a few STEAM projects thrown in for good measure. We also share some fun facts about shamrocks. If you have ever found yourself wondering, “What is the difference between a shamrock and a four-leaf clover?” Read on–we have discovered some interesting facts to share with you and your children.
What is a Shamrock?
The shamrock has been a symbol of Saint Patrick’s Day and Irish culture for thousands of years. The word shamrock comes from the Gaelic word Seamrog which means “little clover.”
Saint Patrick used the shamrock to explain the Holy Trinity–the father, the son, and the holy spirit. The three-lobed leaves of the shamrock are associated with faith, hope, and love.
Related: Shamrock Handprint Art with Poem
What is the difference between a shamrock and a clover?
A shamrock is a sprig of clover that has three-lobed leaves on it. While a shamrock is a clover, a four-leaf clover is NOT a shamrock. Why? Because the four-lobed leaves of the four-leaf clover cannot represent the Trinity. Learn more below.
Related: Flower Art Projects Kids LOVE!
What Does the Four Leaf Clover Symbolize?
The Celtic people considered the four-leaf clover symbol of good luck and carried them as a charm. Today, the Irish view them as a symbol of faith, hope, love, and luck. My (late) father is an Irishman named Patrick–so is one of my brothers. They both wanted to make sure I informed my readers of the facts.
Shamrock art and craft projects have three-lobed leaves, while clover art and craft projects have four. The four-lobed leaves of the four-leaf clover make them so hard to find, and that is why they are considered lucky! So, if you can’t find a lucky four-leaf clover–Make a lucky four-leaf clover craft!
This list of shamrock and clover painting ideas contains the best Saint Patrick’s Day crafts for kids and adults. Scroll down to see the lists of shamrock art projects, shamrock craft ideas, and lucky four-leaf clover art and craft ideas that you can make with the kids for Saint Patrick’s Day at home or in the classroom.
Related: Art & Science: Watercolor Resist Experiments
Saint Patrick’s Day Crafts: Shamrock and Clover Art and Craft Ideas
The shamrock arts and crafts below are labeled and placed into categories to make it easy to find the type of Saint Patrick’s day art or craft project that you would like to make. Try any beautiful shamrock and clover arts and crafts, or be inspired to create shamrock art with the fun craft ideas on the lists below.
Get creative and have fun with these fun four-leaf clover and shamrock craft ideas! Of course, many of these Saint Patrick’s Day arts and crafts can be changed from shamrock art into clover art or four-leaf clover craft into a shamrock craft. Grab our bundle of St. Patrick’s Day Printables for lots of great art and craft templates and ideas!
Related: The Best Art Supplies for Kids and Why Young Artists Should Use Them
Best Shamrock Art Projects and Craft Ideas for Saint Patrick’s Day
We have found many shamrock art projects and shamrock craft ideas that you can make with the kids. Click on the creator of each project to see the complete step-by-step tutorial for each Saint Patrick’s Day craft idea.
St Patrick’s Day Shamrock Art Projects for Kids
Here’s a list of shamrock arts and crafts to do with children from toddlers to teens for St Patrick’s Day. Grab our bundle St Patrick’s Day Printables–in it, we have lots of art and craft templates you can use.
- Rainbow Watercolor Salt Paint Shamrock | Rhythms of Play
- Shamrock Handprint Art with Poem Printable | Rhythms of Play
- Saint Patrick’s Day Shamrock Salt Art | Rhythms of Play
- Rainbow Watercolor Resist Art Shamrock | Crafty Morning
- Kid-Made Watercolor Shamrock Clover Cards | Make it your Own for Hello Wonderful
- Marshmallow Shamrock Stamping | The Pinterested Parent
- Shamrock Thumbprint Relief Art | A Dab of Glue Will Do
- Saint Patrick’s Day Shamrock Art Project | The Resourceful Mama
- Shamrock OP Art Media Experiments | Expressive Monkey
- Marble Painted Shamrocks | Plain Vanilla Mom
- Coffee Filter Shamrock | Housing A Forest
- Make Patterned Shamrock Art | Education
- How to Draw Shamrock Art | Art Projects for Kids
- Saint Patrick’s Day Shamrock Process Art with Kids | Crafty Kids at Home for Hello Wonderful
- How to Draw a Shamrock | Art for Kids Hub
Related: Rainbow Rainy Day Art
Related: DIY Rainbow Peg Dolls Handmade Toy
Fun Shamrock Craft Ideas for Saint Patrick’s Day
Shamrock crafts are a classic craft idea for Saint Patrick’s Day. Try any of the fun St. Patrick’s Day shamrock crafts below.
- Toilet Paper Roll Shamrocks | Rhythms of Play (Pictured below)
- Paper Strip Shamrocks | Sugar Bee Crafts
- 3D Rainbow Shamrock | Hello Wonderful
- Scrunchy Tissue Shamrock | Fireflies & Mudpies
- Shamrock Corner Bookmarks | Red Ted Art
- Saint Patrick’s Day Shamrock Hat | Red Ted Art
- Coffee Filter Shamrock Bouquet | Meet Penny
- Scrapbook Paper Shamrock Silhouette | Crafts by Courtney
- Rainbow Shamrock Craft | Housing A Forest
- Mosaic Shamrock Craft | Happiness is Homemade
- Yarn Wrapped Shamrock | Red Ted Art
- Paper Quilled Shamrock Cards | Red Ted Art
- Shamrock Clay Pins | Hello Wonderful
- Beaded Shamrocks | Fun-A-Day
- Painted Sham-Rocks and Four Leaf Clovers | The Pinterested Parent
Related: Real Flower Nature Crafts for Kids
St Patrick’s Day Shamrock Garland Crafts and Ideas
Hanging shamrock garlands and crafts on windows and doorways or dangling them from the ceiling is a fun way to decorate for St. Patrick’s Day. Try any of the fun shamrock and garland crafts and DIY ideas below.
- Saint Patrick’s Day Shamrock Streamer Garland | Studio DIY
- Kids Shamrock Garland Using Egg Cartons | Creating Creatives
- Rainbow Shamrock Garland | Kinderart
- Make Your Own Paper Shamrock Garland | Sippy Cup Mom
- Saint Patrick’s Day Shamrock Garland | Bren Did
- Farmhouse Fabric Garland | A Wonderful Thought
- Saint Patricks Day Shamrock Garland | Design Improvised
- Easy Shamrock Garland
- Hanging Shamrock Ornaments Garland
Related: The Best Fall Art Projects for Kids
St Patrick’s Day Rainbow and Shamrock STEAM Projects for Kids
Painting rainbows and making rainbow crafts is another classic art and craft idea for children and adults of all ages to make on St. Patrick’s Day.
- Easy Rainbow Rainy Day Art | Rhythms of Play
- Rainbow Science STEAM Activities for Kids | Rhythms of Play
- Shamrock Sprouts | Housing a Forest
- Magic Fizzing Shamrocks | The Gift of Curiosity
- Saint Patrick’s Day Fizzy Color Mixing Shamrock Art | Fun Littles
- Shamrock Chrystals | Housing a Forest
- Chrystal Shamrocks | Little Bins for Little Hands
- Rainbow Shamrock Salt Painting | Rhythms of Play (pictured below)
Related: Wet-on-Wet Watercolor Painting for Kids
Best Four Leaf Clover Arts and Crafts for Saint Patrick’s Day
Here’s a collection of four-leaf clover arts and crafts to make for St. Patrick’s Day.
St Patrick’s Day Lucky Four Leaf Clover Art Projects
Try any of these lucky art projects and painting ideas for St. Patrick’s Day.
- Lucky Four Leaf Clover St. Patrick’s Day Collage | Rhythms of Play
- St. Patrick’s Day Handprint Art with Printable Poem | Rhythms of Play (photo below)
- Saint Patrick’s Day Handprint Craft Four Leaf Clover | Image (click on the tutorial above for the step-by-step instructions to make this handprint craft for Saint Patrick’s Day)
- Bell pepper Stamped Four Leaf Clovers and Shamrocks (Use 4 lobed peppers for clovers and 3 lobed peppers for shamrocks) | Green Kids Crafts and Learn Play Imagine
- Salad Spinner Four Leaf Clovers | About a Mom
Related: Winter Tree Black Glue Watercolor Resist Art
St Patrick’s Day Lucky Four Leaf Clover Craft Projects
Here are a few lucky clover crafts for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, grade-school students, teens, and adults!
- Toilet Paper Roll Shamrock and Clover Crafts | Rhythms of Play
- How to Make Paper Four Leaf Clovers | DIY Inspired
- Rainbow Four Leaf Clovers | Twitchetts
- Four Leaf Clover Suncatcher | There’s Just One Mommy
- Painted Sham-Rocks and Four Leaf Clovers | The Pinterested Parent
- Four Leaf Clover Doily Craft | A Little Pinch of Perfect
- How to Make a Felt Four-Leaf Clover | Molly and Mama
- Bouquet of Felt Four Leaf Clovers | Buzzmills
- Saint Patrick’s Four Leaf Clover Necklace | Crafting Chicks
- Toilet Paper Roll Shamrock and Clover Necklaces | Rhythms of Play (pictured below)
Related: Easter Art Projects for Kids
Four Leaf Clover Footprint Art Craft for St Patrick’s Day
Make footprint prints in the shape of a four-leaf clover with the art project idea below.
- Personalized Four Leaf Clover Baby Footprint Shamrock | Fun Handprint Art Blog
Related: Watercolor Rose Art Project
Rainbow Art and Craft Ideas for Saint Patrick’s Day
The kids will also love this collection of easy rainbow art and craft ideas–Rainbow art and crafts are fun to make for Saint Patrick’s day too!
Saint Patrick’s Day Arts, Crafts, and Painting Ideas for Kids
We hope you enjoy learning about the difference between a shamrock and a clover while creating gorgeous arts and crafts for Saint Patrick’s Day. Be sure to grab our St. Patrick’s Day Printables you can use to make many of the St Patrick’s Day art and craft projects listed here.
You may also like this collection of Easter Art Projects and Painting Ideas for Kids.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
More Holiday Art and Craft Ideas for Kids
- DIY Easter Baskets Made with Recycled Materials
- Easter Egg Crafts
- How to Make an Easter Tree
- Easter Ornament Crafts
- Halloween Art Projects for Kids
- Gratitude Activities and Crafts for Thanksgiving
- Christmas Art Ideas for Children
- Valentine’s Day Art Projects for Kids
- Easy Valentine Crafts and Gift Ideas Kids Can Make
- Lovebug Valentine Craft Ideas for Kids
- Sensory Bottles for Every Holiday and Season (photo below)
If You Liked Saint Patrick’s Day Art and Craft Ideas You May Also Like
- Spring Equinox Celebration Ideas
- Homemade Gift Ideas Kids Can Make for Parents and Grandparents
- Forest School: Outdoor Learning Ideas and Nature Activities for Kids
- Spring Bucket List Seasonal Activity Guide (photo below)
Leave a Comment