Saint Patrick’s Day Crafts for Kids — Shamrock craft ideas make celebrating Saint Patrick’s day fun for kids. Learn about the difference between a shamrock and a clover and enjoy getting creative with your children this spring with this collection of Shamrock art, STEAM projects, and lucky four leaf clover crafts for kids!
We’ve rounded up an awesome collection of shamrock art projects, shamrock craft ideas, and lucky four leaf clover art and crafts for Saint Patrick’s Day. Below you will find lots of easy shamrock art, shamrock crafts and four leaf clover art and crafts to try this spring.
What is a Shamrock?
The shamrock has been a symbol of Saint Patrick’s Day and Irish culture for thousands of years. The word shamrock comes from the Gaelic word Seamrog which means “little clover.”
Saint Patrick used the shamrock to explain the Holy Trinity–the father, the son, and the holy spirit. The 3 lobes of the shamrock have also been associated with faith, hope, and love.
What is the difference between a shamrock and a clover?
A shamrock is a sprig of clover that has three-lobed leaves on it. While a shamrock is a clover, a four-leaf clover is NOT a shamrock. The four leaf-lobes of the four-leaf clover cannot represent the Trinity.
Related: Flower Art Projects Kids LOVE!
What Does the Four Leaf Clover Symbolize?
The Celtic people considered the four leaf clover to be a symbol of good luck and carried them as a charm. Today, the Irish view them as a symbol of faith, hope, love, and luck.
My father is an Irishman named Patrick… so is one of my brothers. They both wanted to make sure I informed my readers of the facts.
Shamrock art and craft projects have three-lobed leaves while clover art and craft projects have four-lobed leaves. The four lobbed leaves of the 4 leaf clover is what make them hard to find… And that’s why they are considered lucky!
If you can’t find a lucky four leaf clover… Make a lucky four leaf clover craft!
In this collection of shamrock and clover art project ideas, you will find the best shamrock and clover crafts with a few STEAM projects thrown in for good measure.
Saint Patrick’s Day Crafts for Kids: Shamrock and Clover Art and Craft Ideas
All of the shamrock arts and crafts below are labeled and placed into categories to make it easy to find the type of project you are looking for. Of course, many of these art and craft projects for kids can be slightly altered to change them from shamrock art into clover art, or, turn a 4 leaf clover craft into a shamrock craft if you’d like.
Try any of the beautiful shamrock and clover arts and crafts or be inspired to create your own shamrock art… Get creative and have fun with these fun four leaf clover and shamrock craft ideas!
Best Shamrock Art Projects and Craft Ideas
We have found lots of shamrock art projects and shamrock craft ideas that you can make with the kids. Click on the creator of each project to see the tutorial.
Shamrock Art Projects for Kids
- Rainbow Watercolor Salt Paint Shamrock
- Shamrock Handprint Art Template with Poem Printable
- Saint Patrick’s Day Shamrock Salt Art
- Rainbow Watercolor Resist Art Shamrock | Crafty Morning
- Kid-Made Watercolor Shamrock Clover Cards | Make it your Own for Hello Wonderful
- Marshmallow Shamrock Stamping | The Pinterested Parent
- Shamrock Thumbprint Relief Art | A Dab of Glue Will Do
- Saint Patrick’s Day Shamrock Art Project | The Resourceful Mama
- Shamrock OP Art Media Experiments | Expressive Monkey
- Marble Painted Shamrocks | Plain Vanilla Mom
- Puzzling Shamrock Art Project | Scholastic
- Coffee Filter Shamrock | Housing A Forest
- Make Patterned Shamrock Art | Education
- How to Draw Shamrock Art | Art Projects for Kids
- Saint Patrick’s Day Shamrock Process Art with Kids | Crafty Kids at Home for Hello Wonderful
- How to Draw a Shamrock | Art for Kids Hub
- Colorful Pastel Shamrock Art | Color It Like You Mean It
- Shamrock Art Ideas
Related: Rainbow Rainy Day Art
Related: DIY Rainbow Peg Dolls Handmade Toy
Shamrock Craft Ideas
- Paper Strip Shamrocks | Sugar Bee Crafts
- 3D Rainbow Shamrock | Hello Wonderful
- Scrunchy Tissue Shamrock | Fireflies & Mudpies
- Shamrock Corner Bookmarks | Red Ted Art
- Saint Patrick’s Day Shamrock Hat | Red Ted Art
- Coffee Filter Shamrock Bouquet | Meet Penny
- Scrapbook Paper Shamrock Silhouette | Crafts by Courtney
- Rainbow Shamrock Craft | Housing A Forest
- Mosaic Shamrock Craft | Happiness is Homemade
- Yarn Wrapped Shamrock | Red Ted Art
- Paper Quilled Shamrock Cards | Red Ted Art
- Shamrock Clay Pins | Hello Wonderful
- Beaded Shamrocks | Fun-A-Day
- Painted Sham-Rocks and Four Leaf Clovers | The Pinterested Parent
Related: Real Flower Nature Crafts for Kids
Shamrock Garland Crafts and Ideas
- Saint Patrick’s Day Shamrock Streamer Garland | Studio DIY
- Kids Shamrock Garland Using Egg Cartons | Creating Creatives
- Rainbow Shamrock Garland | Kinderart
- Saint Patrick’s Day Banner | Teach Mama for My Printly
- Make Your Own Paper Shamrock Garland | Sippy Cup Mom
- Saint Patrick’s Day Shamrock Garland | Bren Did
- Farmhouse Fabric Garland | A Wonderful Thought
- Saint Patricks Day Shamrock Garland | Design Improvised
- Easy Shamrock Garland
- Shamrock Garland Ideas
- Hanging Shamrock Ornaments Garland
Related: The Best Fall Art Projects for Kids
Rainbow and Shamrock STEAM Projects for Kids
- Easy Rainbow Rainy Day Art
- Rainbow Science STEAM Activities for Kids
- Shamrock Sprouts | Housing a Forest
- Magic Fizzing Shamrocks | The Gift of Curiosity
- Saint Patrick’s Day Fizzy Color Mixing Shamrock Art | Fun Littles
- Shamrock Chrystals | Housing a Forest
- Chrystal Shamrocks | Little Bins for Little Hands
- Rainbow Shamrock Salt Painting (pictured below)
Best Four Leaf Clover Arts and Crafts
Lucky Four Leaf Clover Art Projects
- Lucky Four Leaf Clover Collage
- Saint Patrick’s Day Handprint Craft Four Leaf Clover | Image
- Bell pepper Stamped Four Leaf Clovers and Shamrocks (Use 4 lobed peppers for clovers and 3 lobed peppers for shamrocks) | Green Kids Crafts and Learn Play Imagine
- Salad Spinner Four Leaf Clovers | About a Mom
- Four Leaf Clover Art Ideas
- Lucky Clover Handprint Art with Printable Poem (photo below)
Lucky Four Leaf Clover Craft Projects
- Toilet Paper Roll Shamrock and Clover Crafts
- How to Make Paper Four Leaf Clovers | DIY Inspired
- Rainbow Four Leaf Clovers | Twitchetts
- Four Leaf Clover Suncatcher | There’s Just One Mommy
- Painted Sham-Rocks and Four Leaf Clovers | The Pinterested Parent
- Mosaic Four Leaf Clover Craft | Happiness is Homemade
- Four Leaf Clover Doily Craft | A Little Pinch of Perfect
- How to Make a Felt Four Leaf Clover | Molly and Mama
- Bouquet of Felt Four Leaf Clovers | Buzzmills
- Saint Patrick’s Four Leaf Clover Necklace | Crafting Chicks
- Toilet Paper Roll Shamrock and Clover Necklaces (pictured below)
Related: Easter Art Projects for Kids
Four Leaf Clover Prints
- Personalized Four Leaf Clover Baby Footprint Shamrock | Pitter Patter Print
- Four Leaf Clover Art Print | Every Day Shenanigans
Related: Watercolor Rose Art Project
Rainbow Art and Craft Ideas for Saint Patrick’s Day
The kids will also love this collection of easy rainbow art and craft ideas… Rainbow art and crafts are fun to make for Saint Patrick’s day too!
Saint Patrick’s Day Art and Crafts for Kids
We hope you enjoy learning about the difference between a shamrock and a clover while creating gorgeous arts and crafts for Saint Patrick’s Day.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
More Holiday Art and Craft Ideas for Kids
- Easter Art Projects Kids LOVE!
- DIY Easter Baskets Made with Recycled Materials
- Easter Egg Crafts
- How to Make an Easter Tree
- Easter Ornament Crafts
- Halloween Art Projects for Kids
- Gratitude Activities and Crafts for Thanksgiving
- Christmas Art Ideas for Children
- Valentine’s Day Art Projects for Kids
- Easy Valentine Crafts and Gift Ideas Kids Can Make
- Love bug Valentine Craft Ideas for Kids
- Sensory Bottles for Every Holiday and Season (photo below)
If You Liked Saint Patrick’s Day Art and Craft Ideas You May Also Like
- Spring Equinox Celebration Ideas
- Homemade Gift Ideas Kids Can Make for Parents and Grandparents
- Forest School: Outdoor Learning Ideas and Nature Activities for Kids
- Spring Bucket List Seasonal Activity Guide (photo below)
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!
Nell has over 20 years of experience working with children and is the founder of Rhythms of Play. She believes in the wonder of childhood, the power of the imagination, learning through play, and getting outside in all seasons! Learn more…