DIY wooden egg craft ideas are a fun alternative to traditional egg decorating for Easter and the Spring Equinox. Making wooden eggs for Easter is a fun way to connect with your children while making gorgeous Easter decorations and keepsakes that you can re-use again and again, year after year.
Related: How to Make an Easter Tree
The Best DIY Wooden Egg Craft Ideas for Easter
There are so many beautiful ways to decorate wooden eggs. Try your hand and some of the amazing ideas below or get inspired to come up with your own creation.
Click on the creator of each wooden egg craft idea to see the full tutorial. I’ve marked (*) the wooden egg craft ideas featured in the photos above and below so they are easy to find.
Related: Eco-Friendly Easter Basket Ideas
15 DIY Wooden Egg Craft Ideas for Easter
- How to Dye Wooden Eggs | Plain Vanilla Mom*
- DIY Watercolor Wooden Easter Eggs | Fun at Home with Kids for Modern Parents Messy Kids
- Primitive Easter Egg Tutorial | Homespun Hugs and Calico Kisses
- DIY Color Block Eggs | Honest to Nod
- Natural Wood Hand Painted Easter Eggs | Creative Juice
- Rustic Industrial Eggs | Cherished Bliss
- Painted Wooden Eggs | Fireflies & Mudpies – This craft uses smaller robin eggs, but the technique could be done on a wooden egg of any size.
- Thumbprint Easter Egg Decorating | Childhood 101
- Star Wars Painted Easter Eggs | Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls*
- Lego Easter Eggs | Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls
- DIY Resurrection Eggs | Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls
- Owl Easter Eggs | Adventure in a Box
- Space Eggs | Adventure in a Box*
- How to Make Wooden Easter Eggs*
- Easter Chicks Wooden Egg Craft*
Related: Easy Easter Art Projects Kids Love!
8 Other Egg Craft Ideas Perfect for Wooden Eggs
The egg crafts below were not made using wooden eggs by the crafters that created them. They were made using real or faux eggs, but I think that these awesome ideas would be perfect for decorating wooden eggs so I decided to include them below.
- Emoji Easter Eggs | Studio DIY*
- Galaxy Easter Eggs Tutorial | Dream a Little Bigger
- Chalkboard Easter Eggs | Craft Dictator
- Embroidery Floss Wrapped Eggs | Craftberry Bush*
- Embroidery Thread Easter Eggs | Family Focus Blog
- Yarn Wrapped Easter Eggs | The Happy Housie
- Twine Wrapped Eggs | Domestically Speaking
- Crochet Covered Easter Eggs | Flax and Twine
More Wooden Egg Ideas for Easter
Zicome Set of 6 Colorful Easter Eggs Wooden Eggs for Painting CraftsEaster Story Egg – Wooden Candy Hiding Eggs2.5Unpainted Wooden Eggs – For Easter, Crafts, and Displays – 2-1/2Wooden Easter Eggs DIY Paint Decorations Easter Gifts for Kids Boys Girls Set of 8 Different ColorMasterPro Wooden Fake Eggs-6 pieces by MasterPro6 Wooden Percussion Musical Egg Maracas Egg Shakers3Set of 18 Wooden Easter Eggs Ornaments in Basket With Colorful Artwork for Home DecorHABA Shakin Eggs – 5 Wooden Eggs with Acoustic Elements
Decorating wooden eggs is a fun way to create Easter keepsakes that you can re-use again year after year. Kids love to hunt for wooden Easter eggs on Easter egg hunts as much as they like to find them in their Easter Baskets as a non-candy alternative.
Wooden Easter eggs also make gorgeous spring home decor and look lovely displayed on mantles, in baskets, and on spring nature tables.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
If you Liked DIY Wooden Egg Craft Ideas, You May Also Like
- Eco-Friendly Easter Baskets Tips and Ideas
- How to Make an Easter Tree
- DIY Easter Ornaments
- How to Make Eco-Friendly Easter Baskets
The One Essential Tool You Need To Get Organized For Good!
Join the Rhythms of Play community to get organized, connect with your kids, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!