Wooden decorated Easter eggs are a fun alternative to traditional Easter egg decorating for kids and adults. Decorated wooden Easter eggs can become treasured keepsake crafts that you can re-use year after year. Try any of these wooden Easter egg decorations and Easter egg crafts and with your kids for Easter or the Spring Equinox.
Decorated Wooden Easter Eggs are better for both our children and the environment than plastic eggs filled with candy on Easter morning. Kids love to hunt for wooden decorated Easter eggs, like these cute Easter Chicks, as much as they like to find them in their Eco-Friendly Easter Baskets.
Related: How to Make an Easter Tree
Wooden Easter Egg Decorations and Wooden Easter Egg Crafts
There are so many beautiful ways to make wooden decorated eggs. Try your hand at some of the amazing wooden Easter egg crafts and wooden Easter egg decorating ideas below, or get inspired to come up with your own decorated wooden Easter eggs.
Related: Easy Easter Art Projects Kids Love!
14 Wooden Easter Egg Decorating Ideas
Click on the creator of each wooden Easter egg craft idea listed below to see the full tutorial for each of the Easter egg decorating ideas.
- How to Paint and Decorate Wooden Eggs
- Star Wars Painted Easter Eggs | Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls
- Lego Easter Eggs | Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls
- Watercolor Wooden Easter Eggs | Fun at Home with Kids for Modern Parents Messy Kids
- DIY Color Block Eggs | Crate & Barrel Kids Blog
- Rustic Industrial Eggs | Cherished Bliss
- Thumbprint Easter Egg Decorating | Childhood 101
- Painted Wooden Eggs | Fireflies & Mudpies – This craft uses smaller robin eggs, but the technique could be done on a wooden egg of any size.
- DIY Resurrection Eggs | Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls
- How to Paint Harry Potter Easter Eggs | Adventure in a Box
- Space Eggs: Wooden Easter Egg Decorating Idea for Kids | Adventure in a Box
- Matryoshka Wooden Easter Egg Craft | Adventure in a Box
- Owl Easter Eggs | Adventure in a Box
- Easter Chicks Wooden Egg Craft (photo below)
Related: Watercolor Surprise Easter Egg Art
8 More Easter Egg Decorating Ideas Perfect for Wooden Easter Egg Crafts
The egg crafts below were not made using wooden eggs by the crafters that created them. They were made using real hard-boiled or faux craft eggs, but I think that these awesome Easter egg decorating ideas would be perfect for decorating wooden eggs so I decided to include them below.
- Emoji Easter Eggs | Studio DIY
- Galaxy Easter Eggs Tutorial | Dream a Little Bigger
- Embroidery Floss Wrapped Eggs | Craftberry Bush
- DIY Embroidery Thread Easter Eggs | Family Focus Blog
- Yarn Wrapped Easter Eggs | The Happy Housie
- Twine Wrapped Eggs | Domestically Speaking
- Crochet Covered Easter Eggs | Flax and Twine
- Paint Pen Easter Egg Decorating Ideas (photo below)
It’s fun and easy to use paint pens to decorate wooden Easter eggs. Try any of these fun paint pen Easter egg decorating ideas!
Related: How to Color Wooden Blocks
Wooden Easter Egg Decorating Craft Supplies
Pick and choose the type of Easter egg decorating supplies that you would like to work with from the wooden Easter egg craft materials listed below.
- Wooden Easter eggs
- Flat bottom wooden Easter eggs
- Small wooden eggs
- Extra fine tip paint pens
- Pastel Extra fine tip paint pens
- Metallic bush tip paint pens
- Acrylic Paint
- Tempera Paint
- Liquid watercolor paints or food coloring
- Woodburning pen
More Wooden Easter Egg Decorations
Wooden Decorated Easter Eggs
Decorating wooden eggs is a fun way to create Easter keepsakes that you can re-use again year after year. Kids love to hunt for wooden Easter eggs on Easter egg hunts as much as they like to find them in their Easter Baskets as a non-candy alternative.
Wooden Easter eggs also make gorgeous spring home decor and look lovely displayed on mantles, in baskets, and on spring nature tables.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
If you Liked Wooden Easter Egg Craft Ideas, You May Also Like
- How to Color Wooden Beads
- Eco-Friendly Easter Baskets Tips and Ideas
- How to Make an Easter Tree
- DIY Easter Ornaments
- How to Make Eco-Friendly Easter Baskets
- DIY Wooden Geometric Puzzle
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!
Nell has over 20 years of experience working with children and is the founder of Rhythms of Play. She believes in the wonder of childhood, the power of the imagination, learning through play, and getting outside in all seasons! Learn more…