Teach children how to draw and paint flowers with this gorgeous collection of easy flower art projects for kids. There are so many fun ways to create blossom and flower art. Use these easy flower painting ideas, flower printmaking projects, recycled flower art ideas and mixed media flower art projects to get creative with the kids!
Below you will find a varied assortment of flower art projects for kids that the whole family can enjoy together.
Related: Watercolor Starfish Art Project
The Best Flower Art Projects for Kids and Teens
We put this awesome collection of flower art projects for kids and teens into categories so it would be easy to find what you are looking for.
We have found projects that will help you teach children how to draw and paint flowers, easy watercolor flower painting ideas, flower art projects inspired by famous artists, flower printmaking art projects, crafty recycled and mixed media flower art projects, flower blossom art projects, and even flower art project ideas that use real flowers!
How to Draw Flowers
Use these easy tutorials to learn how to draw flowers with the simple directions found at the links below.
- Flower Observational Drawing | Artful Parent
- How to Draw a Tulip | Art Projects for Kids Blog
- Step by Step Flower Tutorials for Kids | Hello Kids
- 9 Easy Ways to Draw a Flower | wikiHow
Related: Wet-on-Wet Watercolor Painting
Watercolor Flower Art Projects for Kids
There are many ways to use watercolors to paint flowers. Watercolor flower art projects are always a hit with the kids. Try your hand at any one of these gorgeous flower art projects for kids!
- Glue Flower Art on Canvas | Artful Parent
- Black Glue Rose Watercolor Resist
- Watercolor Flower Doodles | Art is Basic Blog
- Easy Watercolor Flowers | By Dawn Nicole
- Watercolor Garden | Art Projects for Kids Blog
- Spring Watercolor Flower Art | Meri Cherry
- Watercolor Bouquets | Deep Space Sparkle
- Wet-on-Wet Watercolor Flowers | Sparkling Buds
- Coffee Filter Flowers | Fun-A-Day
Related: Easy Rainbow Art Projects Kids Love!
Flower Art Inspired by Famous Artists
Each of the flower art projects below was inspired by the work of a famous artist. Below you will find flower art ideas inspired by Monet, Van Gogh, Warhol, and O’Keefe.
- Water Lily Pond, Monet Style | Art Projects for Kids Blog
- Claude Monet Water Lilies Art Project for Kids | Arty Crafty Kids Blog
- Vibrant Van Gogh’s Sunflowers | Painted Paper Art Blog
- Vase with Monet Sunflowers | Painted Paper Art Blog
- Monet’s Garden Flowers | Painted Paper Art Blog
- Andy Warhol’s Flowers | The Heart of Life
- Georgia O’Keefe Big Flower Art | Fairy Dust Teaching
- O’Keefe’s Poppies | Painted Paper Art Blog
- Georgia O’Keefe Flowers | Housing a Forest
Printmaking Flower Art Project Ideas for Kids
All of the flower art project ideas below create flowers using prints of some kind. The first two projects use real flowers, while the others use fingertips and common household items such as forks and sponges to create flower art!
- Fingerprint Flowers
- Flower Printing | Learning 4 Kids
- Flower Print + Scrape Painting | Playful Learning
- Fork Tulip Painting | Spaceships and Laserbeams
- Bottle Print Hyacinth Flower Art | I Heart Crafty Things
- Thumbprint Dandelion | Glued to my Crafts Blog
- Flower Sponge Painting | Easy Peasy and Fun
- Printing Roses with Celery | The Imagination Tree
- Bottle Print Flowers | Simple Fun for Kids
- Spring Flower Bottle Printing for Kids | Hands On as we Grow
Related: Citrus Printing Art Project
Printmaking Flower Blossom Art Projects
The flower blossom art projects below all use one form of printmaking or another. You can make spring blooms with your fingers, cotton swabs, cotton balls, recycled bottles, and bubble wrap!
- Cherry Blossom Art Recycled Bottle Printing | Alpha Mom
- Bundled Q-Tip Cherry Blossom Tree | The Pinterested Parent
- Fingerprint Spring Cherry Tree Blossom | Housing a Forest
- Fingerprint Spring Cherry Blossom Tree | Fun Handprint Art Blog
- Cherry Blossom Painting with Cotton Balls | Projects with Kids Blog
- Spring Tree with Cotton Swab Blossoms | No Time for Flash Cards
- Q-Tip Painted Handprint Cherry Blossom Tree | Glued to my Crafts Blog
- Bubble Wrap Spring Blossom Tree | Arty Crafty Kids Blog
Recycled, Mixed Media, and Other Crafty Flower Art Ideas
Enjoy the creative crafty flower art project ideas below! There are crafty flower art projects that use recycled materials, while others use a mix of artistic media, and others just made the most sense to be placed here.
- Hyper Colorful Paper Plate Flowers | Pink Stripy Socks
- Easy Newspaper Flowers | Red Ted Art Blog
- Watercolor and Recycled Newspaper Flowers |Where Imagination Grows
- Recycled Plastic Flowers Art | Left Brain Craft Brain
- Colorful Recycled Flower Art | Mom on the Move
- Paper Flower Garden | Make-it-Your-Own
- Tissue Paper Decoupage Spring Flowers | Studio Kids
- Mixed Media Flowers | Angela Anderson Art
- How to Make Flowers | Krokotak
- Flowers on Watercolor Background | Buggy and Buddy
- Bubble Paint Flower Hydrangeas | A Piece of Rainbow
- Painting Swirly Flowers | Make and Takes
Related: Real Flower Suncatcher Craft Ideas
Real Flower Art Projects
Use real flowers to create flower art! The first two projects listed in “Flower Printmaking Projects” also use real flowers to create art, scroll up to see them.
- Sticky Garden Sensory Art | Fantastic Fun and Learning
- Rainbow Flowers 3-D Art | Hello Wonderful
- How to Make Flower Masks, Tiaras, and Crowns
- For more ideas pop over to have a look at these Real Flower Nature Crafts
Flower Books for Children
It’s always fun to use art as a springboard to learning. Help the kids learn more about flowers with any of the fun flower books for kids below.
Planting a RainbowOh Say Can You Seed?: All About Flowering Plants (Cat in the Hat’s Learning Library)Zinnia’s Flower GardenUp in the Garden and Down in the DirtWildflowers, Blooms & Blossoms (Take Along Guides)Coloring Book For Kids – Flowers: Colouring Book for Girls and Boys | Coloring Books Girls Ages 2-4 (Preschoolers), 4-8 (Volume 9)I Can Grow a FlowerHow to Draw Flowers (Dover How to Draw)The Reason for a Flower: A Book About Flowers, Pollen, and Seeds (Explore!)Gardening Projects for Kids: Fantastic ideas for making things, growing plants and flowers, and attracting wildlife to the garden, with 60 practical projects and 500 photographsFlowers Coloring Book: Beautiful Pictures from the Garden of Nature (Chartwell Coloring Books)The Tiny Seed (The World of Eric Carle)
Flower Art Projects for Kids
Creating flower art with children is a great way to spend time with your children. This is not a static list of flower painting ideas. We will continue to add the best flower art projects that we find.
If You Liked Flower Art Projects, You May Also Like:
- Growing Sunflowers with Kids
- How to Plant Organic Spring Flowers with Kids
- Rainbow Rainy Day Art
- Shadow Art Outdoor STEAM for Kids
- How to Make a Shell Daisy
The One Essential Tool You Need To Get Organized For Good!
Join the Rhythms of Play community to get organized, connect with your kids, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!