Teach children how to draw and paint flowers with this gorgeous collection of easy flower art projects for kids.
Below you will find a variety of flower art projects, beginner painting ideas, and crafts for kids, from toddlers to teens, that the whole family can enjoy together. Use this list of easy flower arts and crafts, painting ideas, flower printmaking projects, recycled flower art ideas, and mixed media flower art projects to get creative with the kids at home or in the classroom. Many of these projects also make a great Mother’s Day gift idea. Look at all the fun ways you can create blossom and flower art! You may also like this list of Winter Art Projects for Kids.
Related: Watercolor Starfish Art Project
The Best Flower Art Projects for Kids and Teens
We put this awesome collection of easy flower paintings, landscapes, and art projects for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners, to school-aged kids and teens into different categories so it would be easy to find what you are looking for. Get out the paints (watercolor, tempera, or acrylic) and a brush to try the easy flower painting ideas below.
Use the flower art projects on this list of fun ideas to teach children how to draw and paint flowers, learn easy watercolor flower painting ideas, flower art projects inspired by famous artists, flower printmaking art projects, abstract paintings, acrylic painting, crafty recycled and mixed media flower art projects, flower blossom art projects, and even flower art project ideas that use real flowers.
Related: Under the Sea Black Glue Watercolor Resist Art Project Ideas
Related: Easy Felt Flowers on Twig Stems (No Sew)
How to Draw Flowers
Use these easy tutorials to learn how to draw flowers with the simple directions found at the links below.
- Flower Observational Drawing | Artful Parent
- How to Draw a Tulip | Art Projects for Kids Blog
- Step by Step Flower Tutorials for Kids | Hello Kids
- 9 Easy Ways to Draw a Flower | wikiHow
Printable Flower Coloring Pages and Art Templates
Get our entire bundle of printable flower coloring pages and art templates. Flower printables are fun to color with beeswax crayons, colored pencils, and dual-tip watercolor markers with a brush tip. You can see all of the flower printables and art templates included in the set—>HERE!Printable Flower Coloring Pages and Art Templates
Related: Wet-on-Wet Watercolor Painting
Watercolor Flower Art Projects and Painting Ideas
There are many ways to use watercolors and a brush to paint flowers and flower petals. Watercolor flower art projects are always a hit with the kids. Try your hand at these gorgeous flower art project ideas for kids and adults! Most of the flower printables in THIS bundle make great printable flower templates and coloring pages perfect for watercolor paints and dual-tipped pens.
- Black Glue Rose Watercolor Resist | Rhythms of Play
- Glue Flower Art Canvas Paintings | Artful Parent
- Watercolor Flower Doodles | Art is Basic Blog
- Easy Watercolor Flowers | By Dawn Nicole
- Spring Watercolor Flower Art | Meri Cherry
- Watercolor Bouquets | Deep Space Sparkle
- Wet-on-Wet Watercolor Tulip Flowers | Sparkling Buds
- Coffee Filter Flowers | Fun-A-Day
- How to Paint a Sunflower | Art Projects for Kids Blog
Related: Easy Rainbow Art Projects Kids Love!
Flower Art Inspired by Famous Artists
Each of the flower art projects and painting ideas below was inspired by the work of a famous artist. Below you will find flower art ideas inspired by Monet, Van Gogh, Warhol, and O’Keefe. So, get out your paintbrush and watercolors and find inspiration with the fun flower art ideas below.
- Claude Monet Water Lilies Art Project for Kids | Arty Crafty Kids Blog
- Easy Claude Monet Art Project: How to Paint Water Lilies | Art Projects for Kids Blog
- Vibrant Van Gogh’s Sunflowers | Painted Paper Art Blog
- Sunflower painting; Vase with Monet Sunflowers | Painted Paper Art Blog
- Monet’s Garden Flowers | Painted Paper Art Blog
- Andy Warhol’s Flowers | The Heart of Life
- Georgia O’Keefe Big Flower Art | Fairy Dust Teaching
- O’Keefe’s Poppies | Painted Paper Art Blog
- Georgia O’Keefe Flowers | Housing a Forest
Related: The Best Art Supplies for Kids and Why Young Artists Should Use Them
Printmaking Flower Art Project Ideas for Kids
The easy flower painting ideas below create flowers with dots, prints, stamps, and printmaking. The first two projects use real flowers, while the others use fingertips and common household items such as a water bottle lid, fork, or sponge to create different types of flower art!
- Fingerprint Flowers | Rhythms of Play
- Flower Printing | Learning 4 Kids
- Flower Print + Scrape Painting | Playful Learning
- Fork Tulip Painting | Spaceships and Laserbeams
- Bottle Print Hyacinth Flower Art | I Heart Crafty Things
- Thumbprint Dandelion | Glued to my Crafts Blog
- Flower Sponge Painting | Easy Peasy and Fun
- Printing Roses with Celery | The Imagination Tree
- Water Bottle Lid Print Flowers | Simple Fun for Kids
- Spring Flower Bottle Printing for Kids | Hands On as we Grow
- Cotton Swab Lilac Flower Painting | Mas and Pas
Related: Citrus Printing Art Project
Printmaking Flower Blossom Art Projects
The flower blossom art projects below all use one form of printmaking. You can stamp spring blooms on trees and pots with your fingers, cotton swabs, cotton balls, recycled bottles, and bubble wrap!
- Cherry Blossom Art Recycled Bottle Printing | Alpha Mom
- Bundled Q-Tip Cherry Blossom Tree | The Pinterested Parent
- Fingerprint Spring Cherry Tree Blossom | Housing a Forest
- Fingerprint Spring Cherry Blossom Tree | Fun Handprint Art Blog
- Cherry Blossom Painting with Cotton Balls | Projects with Kids Blog
- Spring Tree with Cotton Swab Blossoms | No Time for Flash Cards
- Q-Tip Painted Handprint Cherry Blossom Tree | Glued to my Crafts Blog
- Bubble Wrap Spring Blossom Tree | Arty Crafty Kids Blog
Related: Four Season Handprint and Fingerprint Tree
Recycled, Mixed Media, and Other Crafty Flower Art Ideas
Enjoy the creative crafty flower art project ideas below! There are crafty flower art projects that use recycled materials such as cardboard, while others use a mix of artistic media to create colorful petal leaves and flowers.
- Hyper Colorful Paper Plate Flowers | Pink Stripy Socks
- Easy Newspaper Flowers | Red Ted Art Blog
- Watercolor and Recycled Newspaper Flowers |Where Imagination Grows
- Recycled Plastic Flowers Art | Left Brain Craft Brain
- Paper Flower Garden | Make-it-Your-Own
- Tissue Paper Decoupage Spring Flowers | Studio Kids
- Mixed Media Flowers | Angela Anderson Art
- How to Make Flowers | Krokotak
- Flowers on Watercolor Background | Buggy, and Buddy
- Bubble Paint Flower Hydrangeas | A Piece of Rainbow
- Painting Swirly Flowers | Make and Takes
Related: Real Flower Suncatcher Craft Ideas
Real Flower Art Projects
Use real flowers to create flower art! The first two projects listed in “Flower Printmaking Projects” also use real flowers to create art; scroll up to see them.
- Sticky Garden Sensory Art | Fantastic Fun and Learning
- Rainbow Flowers 3-D Art | Hello Wonderful
- For more ideas, pop over to look at this list of Flower Nature Crafts!
Related: Books That Teach Kids Important Life Lessons
Flower Books for Children
It’s always fun to use art as a springboard to learning or vice versa. So, encourage the kids to learn more about flowers with any of the fun flower books for kids on the list below.
Planting a RainbowOh Say Can You Seed?: All About Flowering Plants (Cat in the Hat’s Learning Library)Zinnia’s Flower GardenUp in the Garden and Down in the DirtWildflowers, Blooms & Blossoms (Take Along Guides)Coloring Book For Kids – Flowers: Colouring Book for Girls and Boys | Coloring Books Girls Ages 2-4 (Preschoolers), 4-8 (Volume 9)I Can Grow a FlowerHow to Draw Flowers (Dover How to Draw)The Reason for a Flower: A Book About Flowers, Pollen, and Seeds (Explore!)Gardening Projects for Kids: Fantastic ideas for making things, growing plants and flowers, and attracting wildlife to the garden, with 60 practical projects and 500 photographsFlowers Coloring Book: Beautiful Pictures from the Garden of Nature (Chartwell Coloring Books)The Tiny Seed (The World of Eric Carle)
Flower Art Projects for Kids
Creating flower shapes and flower art with children is a great way to spend time with your kids getting creative. Best of all, this is not a static list of flower painting ideas. We will continue to add the best flower art projects that we find.
You may also like these easy-felt flowers on twig stems, and don’t forget to pop over to check out all of our other Art and Craft ideas for kids. Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
Leave a Comment