Add a rustic touch to your spring home decor with a DIY Easter tree made out of bare branches. An easy Easter craft idea that makes a beautiful Easter decoration and centerpiece for your Easter table. Make DIY Easter ornaments and decorate the tree with the kids as a fun Easter tradition for families.
Our family loves decorating seasonal trees to put on our nature table and Easter is no exception.
An Easter Tree is a gorgeous centerpiece for a spring nature table in the weeks before Easter. It is also the perfect decoration to place on the dining table for Easter brunch.
Our family has come to come to cherish our Easter tree tradition and look forward to decorating our Easter egg tree as a family every year.
Easter Tree Tradition
An Easter Tree is a tree or bush that is decorated with eggs. Easter eggs can be hung on trees and bushes outside or on bare branches and small trees inside the home. The Easter tree tradition is centuries old and is said to originate in Germany.
Making an Easter Tree is a fun way to connect with the kids and an easy way to add Spring decor to your home. Kids love to decorate them as much as Christmas trees!
Easter Egg Tree Supplies
- Bare branches or a twig tree
- Sand, pebbles, rocks, or Flat backed marbles vase filler
- DIY Easter Tree ornaments and/or ready-made Easter Ornaments and Easter Tree decorations
How do you Make an Easter Tree?
If you would like to make your own Easter Tree, follow the simple step by step directions below.
How to Make an Easter Tree
- Go on a nature hunt to collect some branches or use a small white tree.
- If using bare branches; trim them down and leave them natural or paint them white.
- Place bare branches in a medium to a large vase.
- Add sand, pebbles, or vase filler to fill in spaces around branches.
- Glue pom poms onto the branches as we did on our Thankful Tree. (optional)
- Enjoy decorating your tree with DIY and ready-made Easter tree decorations and ornaments!
Related: How to Color Natural Brown Eggs
Traditional Easter Egg Tree Decorations and Ornaments
Traditionally hollowed eggs were used to decorate Easter trees. This is why they are also called Easter Egg Tree decorations.
While eggs of all kinds make fantastic Easter tree ornaments, there a few other items you can use to decorate your Easter tree.
We’ve rounded up a gorgeous collection of DIY Easter Tree Ornaments that you can make including traditional hollowed eggs. Click on the link to see them all!
More Gorgeous Easter Tree Ornaments
There are a lot of amazing Easter tree ornaments that can be purchased to decorate an Easter Tree. Check out some of the cute ideas below!
- Easter Egg Ornaments
- Pastel Easter Egg Ornaments
- Stained Glass Easter Egg Ornaments
- Handpainted Glass Easter Egg Ornaments
- Real Eggshell Hand Painted Bunny Easter Eggs
- Real Eggshell Hand Painted Bunny and Flowers
- Floral Wooden Pysanky Easter Egg Ornaments
Start an Easter Tree Tradition with Your Family
Add a touch of meaning and magic to your home this year with an Easter egg tree. Children love decorating seasonal trees and an Easter tree is no exception.
An Easter tree adds a spring element to your home decor. It also makes a perfect centerpiece or a lovely addition to your spring nature table.
For more Easter fun check out this awesome collection of Easy Easter Art Projects Kids LOVE!
And… don’t forget to pop over to learn about other fun Easter Traditions to Start with your family.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
If you Enjoyed Learning About the Easter Egg Tree Tradition, You May Also Like
- Spring Bucket List of Fun Activities
- Thankful Tree with Clay Gratitude Leaves
- Magical Spring Books for Children
- Rainstick Musical Sensory Bottle
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!