Add a rustic touch to your spring home decor with a DIY Easter tree made out of bare branches. An easy Easter craft idea that makes a beautiful Easter decoration and centerpiece for your Easter table. Make DIY Easter ornaments and decorate the tree with the kids as a fun Easter tradition for families.
Our family loves decorating seasonal trees to put on our nature table and Easter is no exception. We also like to make and decorate a thankful tree with real leaves or clay gratitude leaves, a butterfly tree, and of course a Christmas tree.
An Easter Tree is a gorgeous centerpiece for a spring nature table in the weeks before Easter. It is also the perfect decoration to place on the dining table for Easter brunch. Our family has come to come to cherish our Easter tree tradition and look forward to decorating our Easter egg tree as a family every year.
Easter Tree Tradition
An Easter Tree is a tree or bush that is decorated with eggs. Easter eggs are hung on trees and bushes outside or on bare branches and small trees inside the home. The Easter tree tradition is centuries old and is said to originate in Germany. (Source)
Making an Easter Tree is a fun way to connect with the kids and an easy way to add Spring decor to your home. Kids love to decorate them as much as Christmas trees!
Easter Egg Tree Supplies
- Small Branches or a Twig Tree
- Sand, Pebbles, Rocks, or Vase Filler
- DIY Easter Tree ornaments and/or Ready-Made Easter Ornaments and Easter Tree Decorations
How do you Make an Easter Tree?
Learn how to Make an Easter Tree with this easy Step-by-Step Tutorial:
- Go on a nature hunt to collect some branches or purchase a small bare branch tree.
- If using bare branches; trim them down and leave them natural or paint them white.
- Place bare branches in a medium to a large vase.
- Add sand, pebbles, or vase filler to fill in spaces around branches.
- Glue pom poms onto the branches like we did on our Thankful Tree. (optional)
- Enjoy decorating your tree with DIY and ready-made Easter tree decorations and ornaments!
Related: How to Color Natural Brown Eggs
DIY Easter Tree Tradition Decorations and Ornaments
Traditionally hollowed eggs were used to decorate Easter trees. This is why they are also called Easter Egg Tree decorations.
While eggs are fantastic, there a few other items you can use for Easter ornaments. If you’d like to make your own, I’ve rounded up a gorgeous collection of DIY Easter Ornaments to choose from including a few super cute hollowed eggs. Click on the link to see them all!
Ready-made Easter Egg Tree Tradition Ornaments
- Easter Egg Ornaments
- Pastel Easter Egg Ornaments
- Stained Glass Easter Egg Ornaments
- Handpainted Glass Easter Egg Ornaments
- Real Eggshell Hand Painted Bunny Easter Eggs
- Real Eggshell Hand Painted Bunny and Flowers
- Floral Wooden Pysanky Easter Egg Ornaments
Start an Easter Tree Tradition with Your Family
Add a touch of meaning and magic to your home this year with an Easter egg tree. Children love decorating seasonal trees and an Easter tree is no exception.
An Easter tree adds a spring element to your home decor. It also makes a perfect centerpiece or a lovely addition to your spring nature table.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
The One Essential Tool You Need To Get Organized For Good!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to get organized, connect with your kids, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!