Use the step-by-step instructions below to make lucky four-leaf clover crafts for St. Patrick’s Day!
Make Saint Patrick’s day handprint crafts at home or in the classroom with this four-leaf clover handprint art idea complete with a printable art template and our original poem. Handprint arts and crafts make a great gift idea for moms, dads, and grandparents. So, make this lucky handprint craft to share with parents or someone you love on St. Patrick’s Day! You might also enjoy the list of St. Patrick’s Day arts and crafts for kids–>HERE.
Related: Four Leaf Clover Nature Collage
Saint Patrick’s Day Handprint Arts and Crafts for Kids
My daughter and I created a shamrock handprint poem with a printable art template for my dad (her grandfather) for Saint Patrick’s day several years ago. At the time, we decided to make this handprint poem and printable art template, so you can make lucky four-leaf clover handprint crafts for St. Patrick’s Day, too!
Is there someone in your life that you can never figure out what to gift them? For me, that person is my father. He never needs or wants anything! Fortunately, he adores his only granddaughter, he is an Irishman named Patrick, and his favorite color happens to be green–surprise, surprise!
Yup, this means that my daughter and I have finally designed the perfect handmade gifts for him. And my brother, of course. He, too, is an Irishman named Patrick. And my father wanted me to share our original shamrock handprint poem and 4-leaf clover handprint poem with you. So, we made a printable handprint craft template with a sweet St. Patrick’s Day poem to go with it.
This post is regularly updated since first published in March 2018. Unfortunately, my father is no longer around to enjoy this lovely St. Patrick’s Day gift idea–may he rest in peace. But today we have several more printable handprint craft templates you can use for St. Patrick’s Day available–>HERE.
Related: Shamrock and Clover Necklace Crafts
Four Leaf Clover Handprint Craft Supplies
- Saint Patrick’s Day Handprint Craft with Poem – Printable Art Template
- Green tempera or green acrylic paint
- Square Canvas (optional)
How to Make a Handprint Saint Patrick’s Day Craft
There are a few different ways you can choose to make these super cute four-leaf clover handprint crafts at home or in the classroom. First, decide if you will use our printable four-leaf clover art template with a poem to make St. Patrick’s Day handprint crafts. Or, if you will make your St. Patrick’s Day handprint craft directly onto a square canvas.
If you use our four-leaf clover art template, we have provided several St. Patrick’s Day handprint craft template options to choose from. Either create your handprint art inside the four-lobed leaves of the four-leaf clover.
Or make the four-leaf clover with your hands on the blank page with the poem. Both printable St. Patrick’s Day art and craft template options also give the choice of the four-leaf clover handprint poem printed at the top or the bottom of the page. But the photographs of the St.Patrick’s Day handprint crafts my daughter made below only show two of these options printable handprint craft template options.
Follow the simple step-by-step instructions below to create this cute, easy four-leaf clover handprint craft for St Patrick’s Day. Or, use our shamrock handprint art template and poem to make a shamrock craft instead! While you’re at it, teach children the difference between a shamrock and a clover, and enjoy this list of St Patrick’s day art and craft ideas.
Related: Rainbow Shamrock Salt Painting
1. Print your favorite St. Patrick’s Day art template (optional) and gather handprint craft supplies.
- Print out our St Patrick’s Day handprint craft template onto heavy cardstock, or create the handprint craft directly onto a piece of cardstock or a square canvas.
2. Paint one or both hands with green paint to make St. Patrick’s Day Handprint art.
- Use a flat wash paintbrush to paint your child’s hands (or hands) with green paint.
- In other words, use one hand to create the four-leaf clover leaves or use both!
- My daughter and I found it easier, and a lot less messy, to paint one hand and spin the paper around to create multiple lobes or leaves for each four-leaf clover craft. However, it might also be fun to have both hands represented in your shamrock handprint art.
3. Stamp the painted hand (or hands) onto the Printable Template to make the St. Patrick’s Day handprint craft in the shape of a four-leaf clover.
- Press the painted hand (or hands) down on the St. Patrick’s Day handprint craft template or directly onto a square canvas to create four-leaf clover handprint art. There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Make a single handprint in the center of a 4-leaf clover,
- fill each of the 4-lobed leaves with a handprint inside the printable template,
- or make each of the four leaves of the four-leaf clover with only your hands.
- Since my daughter is getting older and her hand is getting bigger, we had to overlap her palms to fit them into the 4-leaf clover handprint art template, while a smaller hand would fit inside the printable St. Patrick’s Day handprint craft template.
- You can one of my daughter’s four-leaf clover handprint crafts for St. Patrick’s Day in the photograph below.
- If you have a child with a smaller hand, you can create the handprint clover craft to make the palms more visible. Or, stamp your handprint art directly onto a square canvas or the printable St. Patrick’s Day craft template without the four-leaf clover outline as shown in the photograph below. That way, you will have a little bit more room to fit her handprints to make a 4-leaf clover.
Related: Saint Patrick’s Day Shamrock Art
LUCKY Four Leaf Clover ST. PATRICK’S DAY Handprint Poem BY NELL REGAN K.
I made up a cute little poem with this handprint clover craft. Send it to someone you love for Saint Patrick’s Day, but please don’t publish it as your own on your blog or in your Etsy store–it is protected by copyright laws. Click on the link to download and print, or use an extra-fine tip paint pen to write it by hand onto a Saint Patrick’s Day card or art canvas.
Please Note: This St. Patrick’s Day poem is written by Nell Regan K., the founder of Rhythms of Play, and is copyright protected. It is not for commercial use or resale but for personal use only–thank you.
These aren’t just handprints, as you can plainly see.
I made a four-leaf clover to remind you of me.
With my little green handprints, I’m sending love and luck your way.
As a special blessing from me to you on Saint Patrick’s Day!~Nell Regan K.
Related: Easter Art Projects Kids LOVE!
Saint Patrick’s Day Handprint Craft for Kids
Send this four-leaf clover handprint poem as a gift to mom, dad, or the grandparents for Saint Patrick’s day. A handprint clover craft and gift idea anyone would treasure!
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
You may also like this collection of Saint Patrick’s day art and craft ideas!
If You Like MAKING Four Leaf Clover CraftS, You May Also Like
- Rainbow Shamrock Salt Painting
- Toilet Paper Roll Shamrock and Clover Necklaces
- Four Leaf Clover Collage
- Homemade Gift Ideas Kids Can Make
- Spring Bucket List of Fun Activities for Kids
- Flower Art Projects Kids Love!
- The Best Art Supplies for Kids and Why Young Artists Should Use Them