DIY Rainbow Ribbon Fairy Wands are a fun toy for Kids! Learn how to make this no-sew felt craft idea with rainbow streamers perfect for children of all ages with the easy tutorial. Magic star fairy princess wands make a great birthday party favor and a dress-up toy for open-ended imaginative play.
When we made rainbow star cookies a few weeks ago I suggested that we also make some rainbow ribbon fairy wands. They were a big hit!
Related: DIY Rainbow Peg Dolls
DIY Rainbow Ribbon Fairy Wands Materials
- White glimmer felt or stiff felt
- Star cookie cutter
- Fabric marker (disappearing ink)
- Rainbow ribbon
- Wooden dowels (1/4 X 12 inches)
- Gold tinsel cord
- Low-temp glue gun
How to Make DIY Rainbow Ribbon Fairy Wands for Kids
1. Use a star shaped cookie cutter and a fabric marker with disappearing ink to trace stars onto the back of the glimmer felt. You will need two stars for each magic wand. Don’t worry, the ink will disappear in about 12-24 hours. You can also use water to remove it. Yes, it even works on white felt!
2. Cut six 12 – 14 in sections of ribbon in a rainbow of colors. We used red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple found in THIS pack.
3. Use a low-temperature glue gun to attach the ribbon to the inside bottom of one side of each of the felt stars.
4. Place a wooden dowel on one-half of each star and glue in place.
5. Glue the star halves together with the wooden dowel and ribbons inside. Make sure the glimmer side is facing out.
6. Glue the gold tinsel cord to the outside edge of the rainbow star magic wands. You will be touching the glue and getting it all over your fingers so it is VERY important that you use a low-temperature glue gun or a glue gun that has a low-temperature setting. High-temperature glue guns can cause burns when you touch the glue.
I started on the back side of the star and worked it around to the front. Then I glued a small section of cord to the part of the star without cord on the back.
DIY rainbow ribbon fairy wands are fun for kids to use as a dress up prop for pretend or imaginative play. They also make a great birthday party favor.
Be sure to check out our Patriotic Red, White and Blue Star Wands for more photos and wand making tips!
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
You may also like:
- DIY Rainbow Peg Dolls
- Books That Teach Kids Important Life Lessons
- DIY Rainbow Blocks
- Calm Down Sensory Bottles 101
- DIY Waldorf Square
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!