Kids (and adults) of all ages will love these Love Bug Valentine Craft Ideas for Kids!
Lovebug Valentine craft ideas–such as these critters, monsters, and love bugs–are fun, easy, and adorable Valentine’s Day crafts and gift ideas. And, making love bugs is a fun Valentine’s day craft for kids from toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners, to teens–and adults, too! Here’s a list of super cute love bug Valentine craft ideas to make at home–or in the classroom for a class craft project. Most of the love bug craft ideas on this list also make excellent classroom handout ideas for Valentine’s Day.
Best Love Bug Valentine Craft Ideas
LOVE BUGS are my FAVORITE Valentine’s Day Craft.
They also make a super cute handout idea for classmates, friends, family, or your sweetheart, on Valentine’s Day.
Don’t you squeal with joy every time you see them?
Or is that just me?
I love them so much that I had to collect a bunch of the best little Valentine Lovebug crafts found online to share with you, including some of the love bug arts and crafts that we have made.
Related: Heart Sewing Projects for Beginners
22 Adorable Love Bugs Kids Can Make
Lovebugs are an adorable craft and gift idea for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarten students, elementary-aged kids, tweens, and teens to make for their parents, grandparents, teachers, and friends.
If you’re art and craft addicts like us, you probably already have a massive stash of the craft supplies and recyclables needed to make most of the simple Valentine’s Day lovebugs and love bug craft ideas for kids below.
Most of the cute love bug Valentine crafts on this list also make a fabulous kid-made classroom handout gift idea for Valentine’s Day. Try any of these cute Valentine love bug arts and crafts, or find the inspiration to create your own.
Click on the name of the creator of each love bug Valentine’s Day craft idea on the list below to see the supply list and complete directions. You may also like this fantastic collection of Valentine’s day crafts and gift ideas that kids can make!
Related: Thumbprint Heart Magnets
Best Valentine’s Day Love Bug Craft Ideas
Here’s a list of love bug Valentine craft ideas that kids (and adults) are sure to LOVE! We have updated this round-up since it was first published in 2015, and plan to continue to update it to make sure it includes the best lovebug crafts for Valentine’s Day every year. Click on the name or creator of each love bug craft idea to see the full tutorial for each project.
- Heart-shaped Valentine Love Bugs | Rhythms of Play
- Pom-Pom Love Bug Sticker Craft | Rhythms of Play
- Make love bug art with this adorable fingerprint love bug card craft! (This sweet love bug art idea is pictured below) | Rhythms of Play
- Toilet Roll Love Bugs for Valentine’s Day | The Craft Train for Red Ted Art
- Love Bug Crafts for Kids (Bumblebee, butterfly, spider, caterpillar, and ladybug) | One Creative Mommy
- Pinecone Love Bugs | Fireflies and Mudpies
- Adorable Yarn Love Bug Monsters | East Coast Mommy
- Lovebug Monsters | The Delightful Life
- Popsicle Stick Love Bugs Valentine’s Day Craft | iHeart Crafty Things
- Cork Love Bugs | No Time for Flash Cards
- Easy and Adorable Love Bug Fruit Cups | The Melrose Family
- Handprint Love Bug Valentine Craft for Kids | Crafty Morning
- Love Bug Handprint Card | Arty Crafty Kids
- Pebble Love Bugs | The Craft Train
- Paper Bag Love Bug Puppets | Red Ted Art
- Paper Plate Valentine Love Bug | Glued to My Crafts Blog
- Valentine’s Day Love Bug Preschool Name Craft | From ABC’s to ACT’s
- Tin Can Valentine’s Day Craft | A Little Pinch of Perfect
- Fingerprint Ladybug Love Bugs | iHeart Arts n Crafts
- Pasta Love Bugs | The Pinterested Parent
- Love Bug Wine Glass Candle Holders | The Keeper of the Cheerios
- Hand-Sewn Valentine Love Bugs | Coloured Buttons
And, these Hand-Sewn Lovebirds are not bugs, but they are also super cute for Valentine’s Day!!
Cute Valentine’s Day Craft Ideas
These Valentine’s Day lovebugs, and love bug craft ideas, are a fun and easy idea for preschoolers, kindergarten students, elementary kids, teens, and adults, too. You might also enjoy this list of easy Valentine crafts and gift ideas to make with the kids.
And, please have a look at this list of books about the love shared between parents and their children. Pair any of them up with a love bug craft for an easy gift idea to or from the kids on Valentine’s Day.
Take the kids out on a heart-shaped nature scavenger hunt on Valentine’s Day for even more fun.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE.