Kids (and adults) of all ages will love this fun list of love bug craft ideas for Valentine’s Day!
Lovebug Valentine craft ideas–such as these critters, monsters, and pom-pom love bugs–are fun, easy, and adorable Valentine’s Day crafts and gift ideas. Making love bugs is a fun Valentine’s day craft for kids from toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners, to teens–and adults, too! So we thought we’d share a list of super cute love bug Valentine craft ideas you can make at home–or in the classroom for a class craft project. Most of the love bug craft ideas on this list also make excellent classroom handout ideas for Valentine’s Day. You might also enjoy these Valentine’s Day Crafts and Gift Ideas.
Best Love Bug Valentine Craft Ideas for Kids and Adutls
LOVE BUGS are my FAVORITE Valentine’s Day Craft. They also make a super cute handout idea for classmates, friends, family, or your sweetheart, on Valentine’s Day.
Don’t you squeal in joy every time you see them, or is that just me? I love them so much that I wanted to put together this list with the best little Valentine Lovebug crafts on the world wide web to share with you, including our favorite love bug arts and crafts.
Learn two quick and easy ways to make these cute pom-pom love bug stickers, and look at the adorable fingerprint love bugs and heart love bug crafts that my daughter and I made! Or, scroll down to see even more popular Valentine’s Day love bug crafts.
Related: Heart Sewing Projects for Beginners
Adorable Love Bugs Kids and Adults Can Make
Lovebugs are an adorable craft and gift idea for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarten students, elementary-aged kids, tweens, and teens to make for their parents, grandparents, teachers, and friends.
If you’re an art and craft addict like us, you probably already have a massive stash of the craft supplies and recyclables needed to make most of the simple Valentine’s Day lovebugs and love bug craft ideas for kids below.
Most of the cute love bug Valentine crafts on this list also make a fabulous kid-made classroom handout gift idea for Valentine’s Day. Try the cute Valentine’s Day love bug arts and crafts, or find the inspiration to create your own.
Click on the name of the creator of each love bug Valentine’s Day craft idea on the list below to see the supply list and complete directions. You may also like this fantastic collection of Valentine’s day crafts and gift ideas that kids can make!
Related: Thumbprint Heart Magnets
Best Valentine’s Day Love Bug Craft Ideas
Here’s a list of love bug Valentine craft ideas that kids (and adults) are sure to LOVE! We have updated this round-up since it was first published in 2015 and plan to update it to ensure it includes the best lovebug crafts for Valentine’s Day every year.
We have placed these love bug crafts for Valentine’s Day into categories to make it easy to find the type of craft you want to make. And this means that sometimes a craft will be put into two categories. For example, a handprint love bug card craft is on the list of “handprint love bug crafts” and “love bug cards.” Click on the name or creator of each love bug craft idea to see the full tutorial for each project.
Heart-Shaped Valentine Love Bugs
Make love bugs with heart-shaped heads and pipe cleaner legs with this simple Valentine’s Day craft idea by Rhythms of Play.
POM-POM LOVEbUGS CRAFTS
- This love bug tutorial shares not one, but two pom-pom love bug crafts that you can make for Valentine’s Day. The best thing about this craft is that you can stick these little cuties just about anywhere once you are done because they are stickers. Get the DIY details on Rhythms of Play.
- Or make love bug crafts with pom-poms in the form of a bumblebee, butterfly, spider, caterpillar, and ladybug with step-by-step instructions on One Creative Mommy. (not pictured)
Love Bug Cards for Valentine’s Day
- Make love bug art with the adorable fingerprint love bug card craft on Rhythms of Play.
- Or make a handprint love bug Valentine’s Day card with the craft tutorial on Arty Crafty Kids. (not pictured)
- You might also enjoy THESE cute Valentine’s Day love bug cards that kids can hand out to the children in their classroom and other friends at school.
Toilet Paper Roll Love Bug Crafts
Invite children to make love bugs out of cardboard tubes with this toilet roll love bug craft for Valentine’s Day with the easy instructions by “The Craft Train” on Red Ted Art.
Popsicle Stick Love Bug Craft
- Popsicle Stick Love Bugs Valentine’s Day Craft | iHeart Crafty Things.
Recycled Fruit Cup Love Bug Crafts
- Here’s an easy and adorable love bug craft made with recycled fruit cups by The Melrose Family.
Recycled Tin Can Love Bug Craft Idea
- Make this cute love bug Valentine’s Day craft with a tin can. Get the step-by-step instructions on A Little Pinch of Perfect.
Wine Glass Love Bug Craft Idea
- Love Bug Wine Glass Candle Holders | The Keeper of the Cheerios
PASTA SHELL LOVEBUG CRAFT IDEA
- Learn how to make love bugs out of pasta shells with the simple craft instructions on The Pinterested Parent.
Recycled Cork Love Bug Crafts
- Cork Love Bugs by No Time for Flash Cards.
Paper Love Bug Craft Ideas for Valentine’s Day
Here are a few love bug craft ideas made with paper. Scroll up to see homemade love bug card ideas.
HAND-SEWN LOVE BUG CRAFTS
- Sew love bugs for Valentine’s Day with the Valentine Love Bugs by Coloured Buttons.
- Hand-sewn lovebirds are not bugs but are a super cute craft idea for Valentine’s Day! Get the pattern and DIY instructions on Rhythms of Play.
- And you might enjoy these beginning heart-shaped sewing ideas for Valentine’s Day by Rhythms of Play.
Cute Valentine’s Day Craft Ideas
These Valentine’s Day lovebugs, and love bug craft ideas, are fun and easy for preschoolers, kindergarten students, elementary kids, teens, and adults. You might also enjoy this list of easy Valentine’s Day crafts and gift ideas to make with the kids.
You might also enjoy this list of books about the love shared between parents and their children. Pair any of them with a love bug craft for an easy gift idea to or from the kids on Valentine’s Day.
For even more fun, take the kids on a heart-shaped nature scavenger hunt for Valentine’s Day. Click the link to see the video of all the heart shapes we found in nature!
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE.
More Valentine’s Day Crafts:
- DIY Keepsake Gifts for Him or Her
- Thumbprint Heart Crafts and Gift Ideas
- Salt Dough Hand and Foot Heart Keepsake
- Heart Art Projects (and Cute Heart Crafts, Too!)
- Watercolor SURPRISE Heart Art Painting Ideas