Here’s a list of Easter ornaments perfect for decorating Easter trees inside or outside of the home, classroom, or workplace. Both kids and adults enjoy making these easy Easter crafts.
In the past, Easter egg ornaments were made out of hallowed eggs and hung on an outdoor bush or tree, and this became what is known today as the Easter egg tree tradition. While in modern times, DIY Easter ornaments are made out of eggshells, felt, salt dough, paper, yarn, fabric, natural materials, and more!
So of course, the list below has Easter egg ornaments made in the shape of eggs. But it also has bunny ornaments, Easter chick ornaments, and more fun Easter ornament ideas. Easter crafts like the list of Easter ornament crafts below are fun for kids and adults to make and decorate the Easter Tree.
First, invite children from toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners, to grade school students and teens to make their favorite Easter ornament crafts on the list below. Next, use the Easter ornaments you make to decorate your Easter tree or spring nature table. Homemade Easter egg ornaments make lovely DIY spring home decor. And are fun to make in celebration of the spring Vernal Equinox or Easter.
Best Easter Ornament Craft Ideas for Kids and Adults
Here’s a great list of Easter ornament craft ideas you can make at home or in the classroom. We divided them up into simple categories depending on the type of Easter tree ornament it is or the crafting material needed. So you can easily find the kind of Easter ornament craft you would like to make for your Easter Tree. Please be sure to scroll to the bottom of this post to see them all. We hope you enjoy making DIY Easter egg ornaments as much as we do! You might also enjoy making Watercolor Surprise Easter Egg Art.
Related: Easter Chick Wooden Egg Decorating Idea
Salt Dough Easter Egg Ornament Craft Ideas
Shape salt dough into Easter Egg Ornaments and paint them with different colors and patterns using the easy salt dough Easter egg craft tutorials below.
- Salt Dough Easter Egg Ornaments | Design Mom
- Quick Salt Dough Easter Ornaments | Craftulate
- Salt Dough Easter Eggs | The Best Ideas for Kids Blog
Related: Salt Dough Handprint and Footprint Heart Craft
DIY Clay Easter Egg Ornaments
Make Easter egg tree ornaments out of clay with this fun list of DIY ornament ideas.
- Baking Soda Easter Egg Ornaments | DIY Dreamer
- DIY Clay Easter Bunting | The Mad House (The ornaments on this clay Easter egg garland can also be made into individual Easter egg ornaments.)
Related: Clay Handprint Jewelry Dish and Ring Bowl
Homemade Felt Easter Ornaments
Felt Easter ornaments made in the shape of eggs, carrots, and bunnies are fun to decorate an Easter Tree. Try any of the Easter egg ornament tutorials below.
- Mini Carrot Easter Tree Ornaments | American Felt and Craft
- Simple Hand Sewn Felt Easter Egg Tree Decorations | Little Worlds
- Felt Easter Ornaments | Lia Griffith
Related: Felt Flowers
String or Yarn Easter Ornament Craft Tutorials
Use embroidery thread, floss, or yarn to make any of the fun Easter crafts listed below. Or, use our Spider Egg Craft Tutorial, but use colored yarn instead.
- Cool String Easter Egg Ornament Craft | Craftwhack
- Yarn Egg Easter Ornament | Fantastic Fun and Learning
- Knit Easter Egg Ornaments | Purl Soho
- Pom-Pom Baby Chick Ornaments | Rhythms of Play (pictured below)
Easter Ornaments Made of Buttons
- Button Carrot Easter Ornament | Ellie Marie Home
Faux-STained Glass Easter Egg Ornaments
- Stained Glass Easter Eggs | Mad in Crafts
Easy Easter Bunny Ornaments
Tie a piece of fishing line or ribbon onto this cute bunny craft to make them into Easter Bunny ornaments for your Easter tree. Or, hang them from their pipe cleaner ears.
- Easy Bunny Craft | Rhythms of Play
Paper Easter Ornament Craft Ideas
Use paper to craft Easter egg ornaments with these simple ideas.
- Easter Egg Ornament Craft | The Life of Jennifer Dawn
- How to Make Paper Easter Egg Ornaments | Fireflies and Mudpies
- Tinfoil and Tissue Paper Easter Eggs | Happy Hooligans
Recycled Toilet Tube Easter Ornament DIY
- Toilet Paper Roll Birdhouse Ornament Craft | Rhythms of Play
How to Make Hollowed Egg Easter Ornaments
Hollowed-out eggs are the most traditional of all Easter ornaments. Learn how to make hollowed-out Easter egg ornaments for your Easter tree with either of the hollowed-out Easter Egg ornament tutorials below.
- How to Make Blown Egg Ornaments | Our Best Bites
- How to: (Austrian) Easter Egg Blowing | Red Ted Art
Related: How to Decorate Wooden Easter Eggs
Hollowed Easter Egg Diorama Ornaments
These DIY Easter tree ornaments take hallowed eggs one step further by adding a diorama or scene inside of them. Try your hand and any one of the egg craft ideas listed below.
- Glitter Eggs with a Scene | Willowday
- How to Make a Glitter Egg Diorama | Red Ted Art
Related: Faux-Stained Glass Candle Holders
Quilted or Sewn Easter Ornament DIY Projects
Use up old scraps of fabric or felt to make any of the cute Easter ornaments on the list below.
- No-Sew Quilted Easter Egg Pattern | The Ornament Girl
- Handsewn Easter Egg Ornaments from Fabric Scraps | Crafting Cheerfully
- Washcloth Easter Bunny Ornament | Fave Crafts
- DIY Patchwork Decorated Easter Eggs | iCreative Ideas
- Heirloom Easter Eggs | Nurturestore
Related: How to Sew a Pocket Pet Mouse
Homemade Easter Ornament Crafts Kids Can Make
DIY Easter ornaments are for decorating Easter trees, centerpieces, and spring nature tables. Both kids and adults enjoy making these easy Easter crafts.
Homemade Easter ornaments are also a lovely way to decorate the home for the Spring Equinox. For more spring family fun, visit our Spring Bucket List.
If you have ever wondered how Easter Eggs, the Easter Bunny, and Easter Baskets have become associated with Easter, we have uncovered some exciting theories to share with you in Easter Traditions to Start with Your Family.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
Leave a Comment