Get creative with this awesome collection of the best fall art projects for kids. These autumn art projects and fall painting ideas and crafts for children are perfect for an art class at home or in the classroom.
Fall art projects for Kids! We have found an amazing collection of art for fall including easy fall painting ideas and fun fall arts and crafts to try with children from toddlers to teens.
This helpful round-up of fall art ideas will leave you feeling creative, artistic and excited about autumn colors. You’ll have a chance to create fall leaves art, fall tree art, pumpkin art, apple art, and more!
These creative fall arts and crafts are perfect for an art class at home or in school. We hope that you enjoy getting creative this season with this fun collection of autumn art projects for kids.
Related: Top 10 Fall Nature Crafts
Fall Painting Ideas and Art Projects for Kids
These fall artwork ideas are perfect for at-home or in the classroom. Each fall art project that we have featured is placed into autumn art categories, so you can easily find the type of fall art idea that you are looking for.
Below you will find easy fall art ideas and fall painting ideas for fall leaves and autumn trees, pumpkins, apples, scarecrows, and owls using several types of art processes–painting, printmaking, watercolor resist, black glue, crayon, salt paint, etc.
Creating art in the fall is a wonderful way for both children and adults to experience the beautiful colors that make the autumn season a magical time of year.
Related: The Best Art Supplies for Kids
Fall Leaves Art: Art Projects with Autumn Leaves
Easy Fall Leaf Art Projects for Kids
- Fall Leaves Watercolor Resist Art: FREE Maple, Beech, and Oak Leaf Art Templates
- Crazy Watercolor Leaf Art | Art Projects for Kids
- Pointillism Fall Leaf Art | The Pinterested Parent
- How to Paint Fall Leaves Art | Pamela Groppe Art
- Autumn Leaf Art with Chalk Pastels | The Artful Parent
- Easy Marbled Fall Leaves | I Heart Arts and Crafts
- Fall Leaf Color Mixing Art | Mom Explores The Smokies
- Handprint Leaf Art | Fun Handprint Art
- Fall Leaf Bean Mosaic | CraftWhack
- Autumn Leaf Art Prompt | Adventure in a Box
- Fall Leaf Potato Stamping | How Wee Learn
- Scratch Art Leaves
Art using Leaves: Fall Art Projects with Real Leaves
For even more fall leaf art and craft ideas, pop over to have a look at this amazing collection of Fall Nature Crafts!
- How to Press and Preserve Fall Leaves | Rhythms of Play
- Watercolor and Fall Leaf Art for Kids | Rhythms of Play
- Autumn Leaf Doodles | The Artful Parent
- Painting Leaves | Simple Fun for Kids
- Autumn Leaf Painting | Arty Crafty Kids
- How to Make Fall Leaf Prints | Meaningful Mama
- Mandala Leaf Printing | The Craft Train
- Autumn Leaf Printing | NurtureStore
- Leaf Rubbing Art and Science for Kids | Edventures with Kids
- Crayon Resist Leaf Rubbing Art | Kitchen Table Classroom
- Leaf Watercolor Resist Art | I Can Teach My Child
- How to Make Leaf Rubbing Art | 100 Directions
- Black Crayon and Watercolor Fall Leaf Art | Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls
- Invitation to Create Fall Leaves Art | Rhythms of Play
- Leaf Baby Fall Art Project | Rhythms of Play
- Fall Leaf Turkey Art & Crafts | Rhythms of Play
Fall Tree Art Ideas for Kids
Fall Tree Arts and Crafts
- Easy Fall Tree Art Collage | Rhythms of Play
- Bundled Q-Tip Autumn Tree | The Pinterested Parent
- Coffee Filter Fall Trees | Art Projects for Kids
- Foil Printed Fall Tree Art | Munchkins and Moms
- Overlapping Fall Tree Collage | Art Projects for Kids
- Autumn Tree Painting with Cotton Balls | Projects with Kids
- Magazine Fall Tree Craft | I Heart Crafty Things
- Bark and Paint Swatch Autumn Tree | Happy Hooligans
- Black Glue Autumn Tree Art | Arty Crafty Kids
- Fall Tree Art Using Colorful Pumpkin Seeds | Fun-A-Day
- Bubble Wrap Fall Tree Craft | Arty Crafty Kids
- Toilet Roll Stamped Fall Tree Craft | Crafty Morning
- Fall Tree Paper Craft | I Heart Crafty Things
- Cork Printed Autumn Tree | Rainy Day Mum
- Fall Thankful Tree’s for Thanksgiving | Rhythms of Play
Related: Four Season Hand and Fingerprint Tree — Use this four seasons art project tutorial to make a handprint tree with all for seasons or just a fall handprint tree.
Pumpkin Art Projects
Pumpkin Arts and Crafts for Kids
- Harvest Pumpkin Watercolor Art | Rhythms of Play
- Pumpkin Salt Painting | Rhythms of Play
- Pumpkin Still Life Art Project for Kids | Buggy and Buddy
- Glue Resist Pumpkins | Mum in the Madhouse
- Apple Pumpkin Stamping with Apples | Frugal Mom Eh!
- Mixed Media Pumpkin Art Project for Fall | Real Life at Home
- Pumpkin Art Project | Inner Child Fun
- How to Paint a Pumpkin with Acrylics | Pamela Groppe Art
- Mosaic Pumpkin Art | Art Projects for Kids Blog
- Pumpkin Craft Suncatcher Siluohettes | Fun Littles
- Crayon Rubbing Pumpkin Patch Craft | I Heart Crafty Things
- Balloon Printed Pumpkin Patch Art | I Heart Crafty Things
- Knuckle Handprint Pumpkin Patch Art | I Heart Crafty Things
- Black Glue Pumpkin Art Project | I Heart Crafty Things
- Textured Pumpkins Fall Art for Kids | Buggy and Buddy
- Button Pumpkin Art Collage | Adventure in a Box
Related: Halloween Pumpkin Salt Painting
Halloween Art Projects for Kids
Here’s a round-up of some spooky and not-so-spooky Halloween art ideas. These fun art pieces and painting ideas include pumpkins, bats, cats, witches, monsters, spider webs and more!
Apple Art Projects and Apple Crafts for Kids
Easy Apple Art Ideas for Kids
- Apple Print Art Hack | Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds
- Bubble Wrap Painted Apples | Somewhat Simple
- Apple Stamped Apple Tree | Crafty Morning
- Marble Painting Apple Art | Typically Simple for The Crafting Chicks
- Apple Stamping Craft for Kids | Premeditated Leftovers
- Fizzing Apple Art Project & Apple Garland | Fun Littles
- Apple Print Art Bunting Project | The Artful Parent
- Sponge Painted Apple Art for Kids | The Resourceful Mama
Apple Craft Ideas for Kids
- Paper Plate Yarn Weaving Apple Craft | Non-Toy Gifts
- Yarn Apple Craft |Hands on as We Grow
- Paper Apple Weaving Craft | Arty Crafty Kids
- Contrasting Color Paper Weaving Apple Craft | School Time Snippets
- Tissue Paper and Sugar Glue Apple Craft | Kids Activities Blog
- Paper Plate Apple Lacing Craft | Kids Craft Room
- Yarn Apple Garland | The Best Ideas for Kids Blog
- Apple Pom Pom Keychain | Red Ted Art
- Paper Roll Apple Core Craft | Non-Toy Gifts
- Oak Apple Craft for Kids | Rhythms of Play
- Button Apple Tree Craft | Rhythms of Play
- How to Sew a Button Apple Tree
Miscellaneous Autumn Art Ideas
Owl, Corn and Scarecrow Art Projects
- Black Glue Autumn Maize Corn Art | Sunshine Whisperers
- Paint a Scarecrow Face | Art Projects for Kids
- Black Glue Scarecrow Puppet | The Pinterested Parent
- Beautiful Autumn Owl Black Glue Art | Artsy Momma
Related: Stone and Shell Owl Craft
Fall Painting Ideas for Children in the Classroom and at Home
This easy collection of fall art projects and fall painting ideas for children will keep the kids busy getting creative throughout the season of autumn.
For more fall art and craft ideas and inspiration, pop over to have a look-see at our collection of autumn nature crafts.
Don’t forget to check out our fall bucket list of fun fall activities for the best autumn ever!
More Art Projects for Kids
- Winter Art Projects for Kids
- Flower Art Ideas for Kids
- Rainbow Art Projects (and Rainbow Crafts, Too!)
- Best Fingerprint Art Ideas
- Halloween Art Projects
- Christmas Art Projects for Kids
- Valentine’s Day Arts and Crafts
- Heart Art Projects
If You Liked Autumn Painting Ideas, You May Also Like:
- Fall Books for kids: Autumn Stories Children LOVE!
- DIY Acorn Marble Necklaces
- Turkey Leaf Lanterns
- How to Paint Rocks: Rock Painting Ideas for Kids
- Four Seasons Handprint and Fingerprint Tree Art
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!
Nell has over 20 years of experience working with children and is the founder of Rhythms of Play. She believes in the wonder of childhood, the power of the imagination, learning through play, and getting outside in all seasons! Learn more…