Don’t get caught without your green–make shamrock (or lucky four-leaf clover) necklaces to wear on Saint Patrick’s Day with these easy upcycled toilet paper roll craft ideas.
Learn how to make shamrock (and lucky four-leaf clover) necklaces with these easy step-by-step Saint Patrick’s Day crafts for kids and adults of all ages. Shamrock necklaces that are as easy to make as these recycled toilet paper roll crafts also make great party favors for a Saint Patrick’s Day party or a shamrock-themed birthday party.
So make some Saint Patrick’s Day shamrock and four-leaf clover necklace crafts just for fun, to hand out as gifts, or to make sure that you don’t get pinched without your green on Saint Patrick’s day. Our step-by-step video below makes these recycled toilet paper roll Saint Patrick’s day necklace crafts super easy to make with children from preschoolers to teens. And you might also enjoy this list of Saint Patrick’s Day arts and crafts.
Related: Rainbow Shamrock Salt Painting
Shamrock and Clover Necklace Craft Supplies
- Recycled toilet paper rolls or tubes
- Flat wash paintbrush
- Green acrylic paint (tempera paint does not cover the toilet paper roll well enough–the cardboard shows through too much)
- Rainbow variegated yarn, green variegated, or green yarn
- Colored wooden beads or pony beads, or learn how to color wooden beads (optional)
- Wooden alphabet beads; try THESE or THESE (optional)
- Single one-hole punch
Related: Four Leaf Clover Collage
How to Make Saint Patrick’s Day Shamrock and Lucky Four Leaf Clover Necklaces
First, hop over to learn how to make toilet paper roll shamrocks and four-leaf clover crafts. Next, turn recycled cardboard tube shamrocks and clovers into a shamrock or lucky four-leaf clover pendant for a necklace with the simple “how-to” instructions listed below.
Or, make a bunch of paper roll shamrocks and lucky clover necklaces to hand out as favors at a Saint Patrick’s Day party. Scroll down for the video tutorial to make these quick and easy Saint Patrick’s day crafts at home or in the classroom. You might also enjoy making shamrock handprint art with our art template printable and poem.
Related: How to Make a Wooden Bead Bracelet
Step-by-Step Saint Patrick’s Day Shamrock and Lucky Four Leaf Clover Necklace Craft Tutorial
Hop over to learn how to make toilet paper roll shamrocks and four-leaf clover crafts with our simple step-by-step instructions complete with a video tutorial.
Once you have finished a few toilet paper roll shamrocks and/or lucky clover pendants, follow the simple step-by-step instructions below to turn them into Saint Patrick’s Day necklaces as shown in the photograph below. The shamrock necklace video tutorial also shares how to make both of these easy Saint Patrick’s Day crafts.
1. Use a single one-hole punch to make holes for a necklace in each recycled shamrock or clover craft.
- Turn each recycled cardboard tube shamrock or clover into a pendant or lucky charm for a necklace with a single or one-hole punch.
- Have a look at the video tutorial and in the photos above and below to see where to punch holes into the recycled toilet paper roll shamrocks and clovers to make Saint Patrick’s Day necklace crafts.
2. Add a strand of yarn to make an infinity necklace for each necklace pendant or charm.
- Cut a section or strand of yarn anywhere from approximately 26 to 42 inches long for each shamrock or lucky four-leaf clover necklace.
- Shorter necklace lengths are best for toddlers, preschoolers, and young children, while longer-length shamrock necklaces are best for older kids, teens, and adults.
Related: How to Start and Finish a Beaded Necklace or Bracelet
3. String beads onto each Saint Patrick’s Day Necklace to make a shamrock or a lucky charm necklace (optional).
- Add beads onto the free ends of yarn in equal amounts before tieing the ends of the yarn together to complete each Saint Patrick’s Day shamrock or lucky four-leaf clover necklace. (Move on to step four if you’d rather not add beads to your shamrock necklaces.)
- String colored wooden beads, wooden alphabet beads, or pony beads onto your necklace as shown in the photos above.
- Or, write “lucky,” “Irish,” or “Happy Saint Patrick’s day!” “Kiss Me” or whatever you wish with wooden alphabet beads onto each shamrock or lucky clover necklace as shown in the photo below.
Related: How to Color Wooden Beads: 3 Easy Methods
4. Wear Saint Patrick’s Day Necklace Crafts with pride, hand them out as party favors, or gift them to family and friends!
- Don’t get caught without your green on Saint Patrick’s day–wear your toilet paper roll shamrock pendant or lucky charm necklace so you don’t get pinched!
- Or hand your recycled shamrock and lucky clover necklaces out on Saint Patrick’s day as gifts or party favors!
Step-by-Step Toilet Paper Roll Shamrock and Four Leaf Clover Necklace Craft Video Tutorial
Related: Best Homemade Gifts Kids Can Make
Recycled Cardboard Tube Shamrock and Lucky Clover Crafts for Saint Patrick’s Day
We hope you enjoy making recycled cardboard roll crafts for Saint Patrick’s day. You may also like this collection of Saint Patrick’s day art projects and craft ideas.
Don’t forget to check out our spring bucket list with the best spring activities for kids!
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
More Saint Patrick’s Day Ideas
- Rainbow Shamrock Salt Painting
- Best Shamrock and Clover Arts and Crafts for Kids
- Handprint Shamrock Craft with Printable Poem
- Best Sensory Bottles for Every Holiday and Season
- Four Leaf Clover Handprint Craft with Poem
- Rainbow Rainy Day Art Kids STEAM
- Saint Patrick’s Day Salt Paint Shamrock Art Project
More Recycled Crafts and Green Living Ideas for Kids
- Toilet Paper Roll Birdhouses
- Caring for the Earth: 12 Ways to Help Kids Live a More Sustainable Life
- Encouraging Kindness to Nature
Leave a Comment