We have collected the best DIY sensory bottles for every holiday and season for you and your kids to enjoy. Calm down jars, sensory and discovery bottles provide a way for children to learn to self-regulate, and deliver hours of safe no mess sensory play! Try these homemade sensory bottle ideas today!
Related: Calm Down Sensory Bottles 101
The Best Homemade Sensory Bottles for Every Holiday
We have listed DIY sensory bottles for every holiday in order from New Year’s Day at the beginning of the year, to Christmas at the end of the year so you can easily find the sensory bottle idea that you are looking for. Seasonal sensory bottle recipes and ideas are listed below the holiday sensory bottles.
For more information about DIY sensory bottles and their uses be sure to check out calm down sensory bottles 101.
New Year’s Sensory Bottle Ideas
- New Year Sensory Bottle | The Chaos and the Clutter
- Star Gazing Sensory Bottle | Playground Parkbench for Pre-K Pages
- Silver and Gold Sensory Bottles | Little Bins for Little Hands (photo below)
Related: Setting Goals for the New Year
Valentine’s Day Sensory Bottles
- Heart Glitter Sensory Bottle | Fun a Day (pictured)
- Slow Falling Hearts Sensory Bottle – VIDEO (photo below)
Saint Patrick’s Day Homemade Sensory Bottles
- Pot of Gold Saint Patricks Day Discovery Bottle | Sunny Day Family
- Amazing Rainbow Sensory and Discover Bottles | Preschool Inspirations
- Glow in the Dark Rainbow Loom Band Sensory Bottle
- Rainbow Galaxy Sensory Bottle
- Saint Patricks Day Sensory Bottle | The Chaos and the Clutter (photo below)
Easter Homemade Sensory Bottles
- Easy Easter Egg Sensory Bottle | Simple Play Ideas
- Easter Themed Discovery Bottle | Growing Hands-On Kids
Fourth of July Sensory Bottles
- Fourth of July Sensory Bottle | Teaching Mama
- Patriotic Sensory Bottle | Little Bins for Little Hands
- Red, White, and Blue Stars Sensory Bottle (photo below)
Halloween DIY Sensory Bottles
- Halloween Spider Web Sensory Bottle | Little Bins for Little Hands
- Pumpkin Seed Discovery Bottles | Fun a Day
- Glowing Ghost Halloween Sensory Bottle
- Jack o’ Lantern Halloween Sensory Bottle (photo below)
Related: Halloween Pumpkin Salt Painting
Thanksgiving Sensory Bottle Ideas
- Thanksgiving Sensory Bottle | Teaching Mama
- Windy Fall Leaves Sensory Bottle (pictured)
- Turkey Sensory Bottle | Fun a Day (photo below)
Christmas Sensory Bottles
- Simple Christmas Sensory Bottle | Teaching Mama
- Christmas I spy Bottles Sensory Search and Find | Little Bins for Little Hands
- Christmas Tree Sensory Bottle | Stir the Wonder (pictured)
- Easy Christmas Tree Discovery Bottle | Sunny Day Family (photo below)
The Best Sensory Bottles for Every Season
Check out this awesome collection of Nature-Inspired DIY Sensory Bottles for a whole slew of nature-inspired seasonal sensory bottle recipe ideas including flowers for spring and summer and leaves for the fall.
A few more sensory bottle recipe ideas for every season can be found below.
Homemade Sensory Bottles for Spring
- Simple Spring Nature Sensory Bottles | Lemon Lime Adventures
- Butterfly Sensory Bottle
- Rainstick Musical Sensory Bottle (photo below)
Related: Spring Equinox Celebration Ideas
Sensory Bottle Ideas for Summer
- Sea Shells Calming Sensory Bottle (pictured)
- Butterfly Sensory Bottle
- Sunburst Sensory Bottle – VIDEO
- Glittering Mermaid Sensory Bottle (photo below)
Homemade Sensory Bottles for Fall
DIY Sensory Bottles for Winter
- Rainstick Musical Sensory Bottle (pictured)
- Frozen Inspired Snowstorm Sensory Bottle – VIDEO (photo below)
The Best DIY Sensory Bottles for Year-Round Fun!
We hope you have enjoyed this amazing collection of sensory bottle recipes for every season and holiday. Children also love this ringer game sensory bottle!
For more information about sensory bottles and their uses be sure to pop over to have a look at calm down sensory bottles 101.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
If you liked This collection of Sensory Bottle Ideas for Kids, You May Also Like
- Seasonal Fun and Holiday Ideas for Kids and Families
- Books that Teach Kids Important Life Lessons
- DIY Projects for Do it Yourself Families
- 15 Ways to Raise a Helper
- How to Start and Finish a Beaded Necklace
- The Best Fingerprint Art Ideas for Kids
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!