Here’s a list of fresh flower nature craft Ideas you can make at home or in the classroom. (First published on March 29, 2017; this post is regularly updated and republished to improve the content.)
Make fresh flower crafts with children from toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners to teens with this list of nature craft ideas. Real flowers, like many items found in nature, make an excellent FREE crafting material. Just look at all the creative ways you can make nature arts and crafts with fresh flowers!
Real flower craft ideas make it easy to use all of the wonderful flowers that my daughter picks in our yard and garden throughout the spring and summer months. She also likes to pick a few flowers on our daily nature walks. So, I’ve had to find creative new ways to use flowers–besides arranging them in vases and placing them all over the house. Below you will find an awesome collection of real flower nature craft ideas for kids, teens, and adults too!
Related: Top 10 Nature Crafts
Related: Rose Watercolor Resist Art Project
The Best Real Flower Craft Ideas for Kids, Teens, and Adults
Unleash the beauty of nature right at your fingertips with the enchanting art of crafting using real fresh flowers. Working with these delicate and fragrant botanicals allows artists of all ages to create stunning masterpieces that exude elegance and natural charm. You might also enjoy painting a rose with watercolors.
The first step is selecting a variety of blooms, ranging from vibrant roses to dainty daisies, each contributing its unique color and texture. Whether you’re making pressed flower cards, flower crowns, or other beautiful botanical crafts, the possibilities are as vast as nature itself.
For pressed flower crafts, gently place your blooms between the pages of a heavy book, allowing time for them to dry and flatten. As you arrange your flowers, let your artistic vision guide you, and experiment with different combinations to create eye-catching designs.
The process of working with fresh flowers not only connects you to the natural world but also brings a sense of mindfulness and appreciation for the fleeting beauty they possess. So, delve into these delightful flower craft ideas, breathe in the sweet scent of blossoms, and let your creativity bloom with real fresh flowers!
We have placed this list of fun fresh flower nature crafts into categories to make it easier to navigate all of the craft ideas that we found. Click on the name of the creator of each flower craft to see the complete tutorial with step-by-step instructions. You may also like this list of nature arts and crafts for kids and adults. It contains a fun collection of nature crafts and activities that make creating with natural materials (including flowers) easy!
Best Flower Crown DIY Tutorials for Children and Adults
Try these flower crown craft ideas below for a wedding, May Day, music festivals, birthday parties, the Summer Solstice, or any other special event. Flower crowns are fun for children from toddlers to teens and adults to make and can be personalized to fit. Try the DIY ideas with fresh flowers on the list below, or click the link to learn how to make a flower crown with felt and other faux flowers.
- How to Make a Flower Crown | Willowday
- Daisy Chain Crown Step-By-Step Instructions | Be A Fun Mom
- Flower Crown DIY | Pro Flowers (video tutorial below)
Flower Art Projects
There are so many fun ways to create art using real fresh flowers. Some of our favorite flower art projects for kids can be found below.
- Disney Princess Dress Up Fresh Flower Crafts | Mother Natured
- Rainbow Flowers 3-D Art | Hello Wonderful
- Nature Weaving | Craftiments
- Flower Garden Windows | The Crafty Crow
- Sticky Garden Sensory Art | Fantastic Fun and Learning
- Nature Craft Collage | Kids Activities Blog
- Flower Printing At Project | Learning 4 Kids
- Nature Art and Sensory Play | Edventures with Kids
Flower Faces and Portraits
Making flower faces and portraits is another fun and easy flower craft for kids. Children love to make faces using real fresh flowers and other natural items as art materials. Check out the fun flower nature portrait ideas below.
- Nature Craft Collage | Mother Nurtured
- Fun Nature Faces | Happy Hooligans
- Gorgeous Nature Portraits | Adventure in A Box
Flower Crafts and DIY Home Decor
Some of the flower nature crafts on this list would make excellent gift ideas for Mother’s Day. Invite children to make your favorite flower craft idea today!
- Flower Petal Candle Holders | Adventure in a Box
- Pressed Flower Bookmarks | DIY Adulation
- Bookmark Craft For Kids Using Pressed Flowers and Leaves | Buggy and Buddy
- Pressed Flower Mobile | Twig and Toadstool
- DIY Flower Garland & Hanging Flower Garlands | House Beautiful
- Colorful Pressed Flower Clay Tile Pendants | Daily Art Inspiration
- Pressed Flowers in Clay | Art Camp
Many flowers form natural mandalas, but all flowers can be used to make a flower mandala. A few more flower craft mandala ideas can be found in “flower suncatcher crafts” in the section below.
- How to Make a Nature Mandala | Rhythms of Play
- Nature Mandala | Nurturestore
- Flower Mandalas Nature Art | In the Playroom
- Nature Mandala Outdoor Art | Learning and Exploring Through Play
Flower Suncatcher Crafts
Have a look at this list of fresh flower project ideas that share 10 of our favorite flower suncatcher crafts. Another fun suncatcher craft idea (that babies and toddlers love) is a sensory bag suncatcher made with real flowers. Find the directions for this flower craft over on HOAWG. The fresh flower craft projects listed below are featured in the photo collage.
- Nature Suncatcher Wind Chimes | Hands-On As We Grow
- Contact Paper Suncatcher in a Wood Frame | The Artful Parent
- Flower Petal Stained Glass Door| The Artful Parent
- Mandala Suncatchers | Twig and Toadstool
Crafty Flower Activities for Kids that Use Real Flowers
Here’s a list of fresh flower activities that you can try at home or in the classroom during the spring and summer months. You may also enjoy this list of sensory bottle DIYs made with natural materials including fresh flowers.
- Nature Threading | Play Teach Repeat (formerly known as Munchkins and Moms)
- Butterfly Finger Puppet | While Wearing Heels
- Petal Potions for Kids | Mother Nurtured
Related: Fall Leaf Lacing Cards: Begining Sewing Activity
Flower Sensory Bottles
Here are a few sensory play toys you can make for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, and children with special needs to help them calm down and unwind. Sensory toys made with fresh flowers also make a lovely gift idea for mom, grandma, nana, or your child’s favorite teacher.
- Nature Sensory Bag Suncatcher | Hands-On As We Grow
- Find a list of flower sensory bottle craft ideas in Nature-Inspired Sensory Bottles.
Flower Craft Ideas That Use Natural Materials
For a fun twist on flower nature crafts, use natural items to create flowers! A few gorgeous examples are on the list below:
- Flower Stones Nature Craft | Rhythms of Play and The Craft Train
- Easy Shell Daisy | Rhythms of Play
- Shell Sunflower | Rhythms of Play
- Pinecone Rose Bouquet | Creative Green Living
- Homemade Pinecone Rose Card | Rhythms of Play (photo below)
Real Flower Craft Ideas for Kids & Adults
Take advantage of nature’s most beautiful FREE craft supply with these easy real flower nature crafts for kids. You may also enjoy this Montessori Flower Arranging activity, or pressing flowers into a nature journal or notebook.
We hope you enjoyed this fun collection of nature crafts and activities that make creating arts and crafts with flowers easy! Make sure to pop over to have a look at our spring bucket list and summer bucket list for even more fun nature crafts and activities for kids and adults.
More Flower Craft Ideas and Art Projects for Kids
- Best Flower Art Projects for Kids
- Watercolor Rose Art
- Felt Flower Lei Necklace DIY
- Easy Felt Flower Craft
- Fingerprint Flower Magnets
- DIY Fingerprint Flower Necklace or Keychain Charm