These flower painted votives are an easy kid-made gift idea that even toddlers can make. My three-year-old daughter painted the candle holders pictured below “all by herself!”
Flower Painted Votives Kid-Made Gift Idea
Flower Painted Votives Kid-Made Gift Idea: Materials List
- Rubbing alcohol
- 2-inch or 3-inch Clear square votive holders
- Glass paint
- Flower stamps (I could not find the foam stamps we used; try THESE, or THESE, or try snowflake stamps!)
- Paintbrush set
- Painting smock for kids
- Votive candles [to complete the gift]
How to Make Flower Painted Votives
Glass paint needs to be painted on really thick or it’s hard to see. This is usually not a problem because kids tend to load their brushes with lots of paint and layer it on thickly. Darker colors don’t need as much paint while lighter colors need a lot to be seen well once they dry.
Related: Keepsake Gifts Kids Can Make
1. Wipe votives with rubbing alcohol.
2. Invite your child to paint a flower stamp with glass paint.
I could not find the stamps that we used for this project on Amazon so I provided a few other options that will work. You can also help your child free form paint each flower using a paintbrush. First, place a dot of paint to make a center. Next, use the paintbrush to create flower petals. Easy peasy!
3. Help your child carefully press the flower stamp with paint onto the votive.
4. Have your child fill in the stamped outline on the votive with more paint.
Your child will need to add more paint to the flower stamp outline. As mentioned above, glass paint needs to be painted on really thick or it’s hard to see. Darker colors don’t need as much paint while lighter colors need a lot to be seen well once they dry.
I hope you enjoy creating these as much as my daughter did, for lots more hand painted candle holder kid-made gift ideas click HERE.
You may also like year-round DIY and ready-made gift ideas for the whole family. For tons of fun Art and Craft Ideas for Kids click HERE.
The One Essential Tool You Need To Get Organized For Good!
Join the Rhythms of Play community to get organized, connect with your kids, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!