Learn how to make homemade DIY Easter baskets with this fun list of recycled craft projects with step-by-step instructions!
Here’s a list of DIY Easter basket ideas that make it easy to turn trash like plastic bags and old fabric scraps into a treasure that children are sure to love! Learn how to make handmade Easter Baskets with recycled materials such as paper, fabric, sweaters, T-shirts, milk jugs, juice cartons, cans, bottles, plastic bags, and even stuffed animals with the DIY project tutorials on the list below. You might also enjoy this list of Eco-Friendly Easter basket ideas with lots of great tips and eco-friendly Easter gift ideas.
Make gorgeous, recycled Easter baskets for kids, or the young at heart, with the fantastic list of recycled and upcycled DIY Easter Baskets below. And, if you have ever wondered how Easter baskets and the Easter bunny came to be associated with Easter–hop over to Fun Family Easter Traditions!
Related: How to Make an Easter Tree
How to Make Easter Baskets with Recycled Materials
These upcycled Easter basket ideas with step-by-step DIY project tutorials are put into categories based on the primary type of recycled material used to make them.
Scroll down to look for DIY Easter basket tutorials made with the recycled materials you have on hand, or find inspiration to design something new!
Click on the creator of the DIY Easter baskets below to see the full tutorial for each recycled Easter basket craft idea.
Related: Spring Bucket List of Fun Activities for Kids
DIY Easter Baskets Made with Recycled Paper
Below is a list of DIY Easter baskets made with recycled paper:
- Easter Basket Made from an Upcycled Paper Grocery Bag | Lia Griffith
- Paper Weaving Easter Basket | Must Have Mom
- Recycled Tissue Paper Easter Basket Ideas (Bunny and Chicken) | Red Ted Art
Related: Easter Art Projects Kids LOVE!
Scrap Fabric Homemade Easter Baskets
Homemade Easter baskets made with repurposed fabrics are stunning–and this list is no exception. Use recycled and scrap fabrics to make any of these fantastic DIY fabric Easter baskets.
- How to Make a Braided Easter Basket with Recycled Fabric | Do-It-Yourself Danielle
- How to Make a Fabric and Rope Easter Basket | Joy’s Life
- No-Sew Scrap Fabric Easter Basket | Diana Rambles
- How to Sew a Fabric Easter Bunny Basket |Sewn Up
- DIY Fabric Easter Basket Sewing Project | Crafty Gemini
- Scrap Fabric Collage Easter Basket Idea | I Can Teach My Child
DIY Easter Baskets Made from Recycled Old Clothes
This list of DIY Easter baskets is made from old recycled clothing such as an old suit jacket, sweaters, and jeans and repurposed into an Easter Basket! Unfortunately, the recycled DIY Easter basket tutorials by Resweater are no longer available online, but you can see old photographs of them saved to Pinterest if you click through the link.
- Refashioned Suit Jacket Easter Basket | Beth Huntington for eHow
- Recycled Sweater Bunny Basket | Tried & True
- Recycled Wool DIY Easter Baskets | Resweater
- Woven Recycled Wool Easter Basket | Resweater
- Refashioned Denim Easter Basket | Beth Huntington for eHow
How to Make an Easter Basket out of a Stuffed Animal
Here’s a fun DIY Easter basket craft tutorial that teaches how to repurpose a plush stuffed animal friend into a homemade Easter basket.
- Repurposed Stuffed Animal Easter Basket | The Idea Room
Related: Best Wooden Easter Egg Crafts
Recycled Plastic Bag Easter Basket DIYs
Here’s a list of homemade Easter basket ideas made with recycled plastic bags:
- Recycled Easter Basket Made with Plastic Bags and a Bottle | Wonderful DIY
- Beautiful Baskets Made from Plastic Bags | Lucky Ladybird Craft (This upcycled Easter basket DIY tutorial is no longer available online)
- Plastic Bag Easter Basket Craft | Instructables
- How to Crochet an Easter Basket with Recycled Plastic Bags | Love Doing Craft
Related: Eco-Friendly Easter Toys for Easter Baskets
Recycled Milk Carton and Plastic Jug Easter Basket Ideas
Make homemade Easter baskets with paper milk cartons and plastic milk jugs using the fun craft ideas listed below.
- Plastic Milk Jug Woven Easter Basket | Red Ted Art
- Up-cycled Milk Carton Bunny and Chick Easter Baskets | Homemaking Hacks
- Recycled Milk Jug Easter Basket Kids Craft | A Little Pinch of Perfect
Egg Carton Easter Basket Craft Ideas
Using recycled tin cans, milk jugs, and cartons to make recycled homemade Easter Baskets is fun and easy!
- Egg Carton Recycled DIY Easter Basket | Fun-A-Day
- DIY Woven Recycled Easter Carton Egg Basket and Tray | iCreative Ideas
Related: Easter Chicks
Upcycled Mini DIY Easter Baskets
The mini recycled Easter baskets on this list are made with small recycled materials, and DIY Easter baskets this size make cute little place settings and favors.
- Yogurt Pot Easter Baskets | The Craft Train
- Mini Plastic Cup DIY Easter Baskets | DIY Inspired
- Toilet Paper Roll Egg Cup Easter Baskets | Easy Peasy and Fun
Related: DIY Easter Ornaments
DIY Recycled Easter Basket Tutorials
Homemade Easter baskets made with recycled materials make it easy to turn trash into a treasure. Use paper, fabric, sweaters, T-shirts, milk jugs, juice cartons, cans, bottles, plastic bags, and even stuffed animals to make Easter baskets.
Have you ever wondered how Easter baskets and the Easter bunny came to be associated with Easter? Learn all about it in Fun Family Easter Traditions!
Don’t forget to look at our Eco-Friendly Easter Basket Tips and Ideas and our favorite Toys for Easter Baskets!
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
More Easter Ideas
- Easter Traditions and Fun Things to do
- Natural Easter Toys for Easter Baskets
- Best Easter Art Projects
- Eco-Friendly Easter Basket Ideas
- Bunny Craft
- Easter Egg Tree Tradition
- DIY Easter Ornaments
More Spring Ideas
- Toilet Paper Roll Birdhouse Craft
- Caring for the Earth: 12 Ways to Help Kids Live a Sustainable Life
- Best Spring Books for Kids
- Celebrate Earth Day Every Day
- Spring Bucket List of Fun Activities for Kids
Leave a Comment