Learn how to make homemade Easter baskets with this fun list of DIY Easter basket ideas!
This list of DIY Easter basket ideas makes it easy to turn trash into a treasure that children are sure to love! Use recycled materials such as paper, fabric, sweaters, T-shirts, milk jugs, juice cartons, cans, bottles, plastic bags, or stuffed animals to make your own gorgeous, recycled Easter baskets for kids!
And, if you have ever wondered how Easter baskets and the Easter bunny came to be associated with Easter–we have discovered some interesting information that you can find in Fun Family Easter Traditions!
Related: How to Make an Easter Tree
How to Make Homemade Easter Baskets with Recycled Materials
These DIY upcycled Easter baskets are put into categories based on the primary type of recycled material used to make them.
Look for the DIY Easter basket tutorials made with the recycled materials you have on hand, or find inspiration to design something new!
Click on the upcycled Easter basket creator to see the full tutorial for each homemade Easter Basket made using recycled materials.
DIY Easter Baskets Made with Recycled Paper
Below is a list of DIY Easter baskets made with recycled paper:
- Easter Basket Made from an Upcycled Paper Grocery Bag | Lia Griffith
- Paper Weaving Easter Basket | Must Have Mom
- Recycled Paper Easter Basket | Red Ted Art
Related: Easter Art Projects Kids LOVE!
Scrap Fabric Homemade Easter Baskets
Homemade Easter baskets made with repurposed fabrics are stunning–and this list is no exception. Use recycled and scrap fabrics to make any of these fantastic DIY fabric Easter baskets.
- How to Make a Braided Easter Basket with Recycled Fabric | Do-It-Yourself Danielle
- How to Make a Fabric and Rope Easter Basket | Joy’s Life
- No-Sew Scrap Fabric Easter Basket | Diana Rambles
- Woven Fabric Easter Basket | Mister Domestic
- How to Sew a Fabric Easter Bunny Basket |Sewn Up
- DIY Fabric Easter Basket Sewing Project | Crafty Gemini
- Scrap Fabric Collage Easter Basket | I Can Teach My Child
DIY Easter Baskets Made from Recycled Old Clothes
This list of DIY Easter baskets is made by old recycled clothing such as an old suit jacket, sweaters, and jeans and repurposing into an Easter Basket!
- Refashioned Suit Jacket Easter Basket | Beth Huntington for eHow
- Recycled Sweater Bunny Basket | Tried & True
- Recycled Wool Easter Basket | Resweater
- Woven Recycled Wool Easter Basket | Resweater
- Refashioned Denim Easter Basket | Beth Huntington for eHow
How to Make an Easter Basket out of a Stuffed Animal
This fun tutorial teaches how to repurpose a plush animal friend into a homemade Easter basket.
- Repurposed Stuffed Animal Easter Basket | The Idea Room
Related: Best Wooden Easter Egg Crafts
Recycled Plastic Bag Easter Basket DIYs
Here’s a list of homemade Easter basket ideas made with recycled plastic bags:
- Recycled Easter Basket Made with Plastic Bags and a Bottle
- Beautiful Baskets Made from Plastic Bags | Lucky Ladybird Craft
- Plastic Bag Easter Basket | Instructables
- How to Crochet an Easter Basket with Recycled Plastic Bags | Love Doing Craft
Recycled Milk Carton and Plastic Jug Easter Basket Ideas
Make homemade Easter baskets using milk cartons or jugs using the fun ideas listed below.
- Milk Carton Woven Easter Basket | Red Ted Art
- Up-cycled Carton Bunny and Chick Easter Baskets | Homemaking Hacks
- Milk Jug Easter Basket Kids Craft | A Little Pinch of Perfect
Egg Carton Easter Baskets
Using recycled tin cans, milk jugs, and cartons to make recycled homemade Easter Baskets is fun and easy!
- Egg Carton Recycled DIY Easter Basket | Fun-A-Day
- DIY Woven Recycled Easter Carton Egg Basket and Tray | iCreative Ideas
Related: Easter Chicks
Upcycled Mini Easter Baskets
The mini recycled Easter baskets on this list are made with small recycled materials, and DIY Easter baskets this size make cute little place settings and favors.
- Yogurt Pot Easter Baskets | The Craft Train
- Mini Plastic Cup DIY Easter Baskets | DIY Inspired
- Toilet Paper Roll Egg Cup Easter Baskets | Easy Peasy and Fun
Related: DIY Easter Ornaments
DIY Recycled Easter Basket Tutorials
Homemade Easter baskets made with recycled materials make it easy to turn trash into a treasure. Use paper, fabric, sweaters, T-shirts, milk jugs, juice cartons, cans, bottles, plastic bags, and even stuffed animals to make Easter baskets.
Have you ever wondered how Easter baskets and the Easter bunny came to be associated with Easter? Learn all about it in Fun Family Easter Traditions!
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
More Easter Ideas
- Easter Traditions and Fun Things to do
- Natural Easter Toys for Easter Baskets
- Best Easter Art Projects
- Eco-Friendly Easter Basket Ideas
- Bunny Craft
- Easter Egg Tree Tradition
- DIY Easter Ornaments