Thanksgiving is a wonderful time of year to remember to be grateful for what we have. Thankful Activities and Thankful crafts provide an easy way to teach children about gratitude. This collection of Thanksgiving gratitude activities and Thanksgiving crafts for kids make it fun to cultivate an attitude of gratitude in the home during the holidays.
While some of the thankful activities and grateful crafts below can be done year round, most are specific activities and crafts to do for Thanksgiving. If you would like gratitude crafts and activities that can be done throughout the year to teach children about gratitude, have a look at Year Round Gratitude Activities and Crafts.
The Best Thanksgiving Gratitude Activities, Games, and Crafts for Kids and Families
Gratitude brings abundance. Use the fun Thanksgiving activities and easy Thanksgiving crafts found below to cultivate an attitude of gratitude in the home this Thanksgiving. Click on the creator of each of the thankful activities and grateful crafts listed for the easy DIY details!
Related: The Best Fall Art Projects for Kids
Thankful Activities: Fun Thanksgiving Activities for Kids and Families
These are a lot of fun Thanksgiving activities for kids and families to do on or around Thanksgiving. You can see photos of each of these Thanksgiving activities below.
- Gratitude Activity for Kids: Thanksgiving Cootie Catcher | Bren Did
- 30 Days of Gratitude Thanksgiving Advent Calendar | FontLushious
- Thankful Heart Thanksgiving Activity for Kids | Live Craft Eat for Lasso the Moon
- Gratitude Photo Scavenger Hunt | Let’s Get Together
- Free Count Your Blessings Tree (Printable) | Somewhat Simple
- Thanksgiving Coloring Pages Printable | Nurturestore
- Be Thankful: Book Inspired Family Thanksgiving Activity with Free Printable | Sunny Day Family
- Free Printable Gratitude Garland |Somewhat Simple
- Thankfulness Chain: Thanksgiving Activity | The Joys of Boys
- Things I am Thankful for Story Window | Buggy and Buddy
- Thankful Turkey Journal Project | Arts and Crackers
- Free Printable Gratitude Journal | Money Saving Mom
- All the Things I am Thankful For Free Gratitude Journal | Living Well Spending Less
- Thanksgiving Yoga | Kid’s Yoga Stories
- Thanksgiving Countdown Turkey Day Advent | MyComputerIsMyCanvas
- Printable Family Gratitude Devotions for the Month of November | Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls
- Thanksgiving Kids’ Table | Meaningful Mama
Related: How to Make Poultry Stock
Grateful Games: Thanksgiving Games for Kids and Families
Teach children about gratitude and thankfulness while playing any of these Thanksgiving games for kids!
- Gratitude Pick up Sticks Game | Teach Beside Me
- How to Teach Children Gratitude: Gratitude Game | Play Party Plan
- I am Thankful Skittles Gratitude Game | Planning Playtime
Thankful Crafts: Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids and Families
Most of these thankful crafts for kids turn into activities that can help children develop thankful hearts and cultivate an attitude of gratitude in the home.
- Thankful Turkey Craft Kit
- How to Make a Thankful Tree with Real Leaves
- Give Thanks, Gratitude Board | Jellybean Junkyard
- Glimmering Gratitude Mobile | Parents
- Marbled Clay Gratitude Leaves
- Gratitude Boxes | Meri Cherry
- Thanksgiving Clothespin Wreath | Chica and Jo
- Wreath of Plenty Craft | Parents
- Gratitude Garland | Mosswood Connections
- Standing Tree of Thanks Craft Kit
- Acorn Gratitude Banner | Creative Family Fun
- Be Thankful: A Thanksgiving Craft for Kids | Kitchen Counter Chronicles
- Gratitude Turkey Placemats | Mama’s Happy Hive
- Thankful Turkey Book | B-Inspired Mama
- Giving Thanks Thankful Banner | Carina Gardner
- What a Turkey | Parents
- Thankful Pumpkin Craft Kit
- Gratitude Turkey | Little Family Fun
- I am Thankful Thanksgiving Craftivity | Playdough to Plato
- Easy Thankful Turkeys Craft | Teaching 2 and 3-Year-Olds
- Thankful Turkey Handprint Keepsake | School Time Snippets
- Gratitude Pumpkins | The Joys of Boys
- Thankful Tree with Clay Gratitude Leaves
- Thanksgiving Thankful Craft Kit
- Best Thankful Tree Ideas for Thanksgiving
More Thanksgiving Gratitude Activities: Thankful Food and Kindness Cookies
We have some super fun ways to practice gratitude and kindness with food!
Related: Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
Children’s Thanksgiving Books That Inspire Thankfulness
For a wonderful list of Thanksgiving books that can be used year-round to nurture gratitude in the home have a look at this awesome collection of Thanksgiving gratitude Books for Kids.
Thanksgiving is a wonderful time of year to remember to be grateful for what we have. Reading gratitude books with your children is a great way to introduce the concept of thankfulness with your children.
Thanksgiving Activites and Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids and Families
Thanksgiving is a wonderful time of year to remember to be grateful for what we have. This collection of gratitude activities and Thanksgiving crafts provide an easy way to teach children about gratitude during the holidays.
Fill and decorate your home or classroom with thankfulness and gratitude this holiday season! For gratitude activities that can be done throughout the year, have a look at lessons in thankfulness.
Thanksgiving Activities and Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids like those listed above make it fun to nurture thankfulness in your home or classroom. Try any of these fun Thanksgiving gratitude activities and Thanksgiving crafts for kids today!
Don’t forget to pop over to have a look at this collection of 20 Thanksgiving traditions and fun things to do on Thanksgiving!
You may also enjoy our Fall Bucket List Seasonal Activity Guide!
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
If You Liked Thanksgiving Gratitude Activites, You may also like:
- Year-Round Gratitude Activities for Kids
- 15 Ways to Raise a Helper
- Turkey Leaf Lanterns
- Top 10 Thankful Trees
- Thanksgiving Traditions and Fun Things to do on Thanksgiving
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!
Nell has over 20 years of experience working with children and is the founder of Rhythms of Play. She believes in the wonder of childhood, the power of the imagination, learning through play, and getting outside in all seasons! Learn more…