Use our printable shamrock handprint art templates to make shamrock handprint crafts with toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, and school-aged kids for Saint Patrick’s Day.
Shamrock handprint art makes a great gift idea for friends and family on St. Patrick’s Day! So, use our shamrock handprint craft templates with our original handprint shamrock poem to make cute Saint Patrick’s Day handprint arts and crafts with your children at home or in the classroom.
To make it even easier, we have step-by-step directions, examples, and lots of photographs of different ways to make a handprint shamrock included below. Scroll down to see them all, or check out the step-by-step Saint Patrick’s Day handprint craft instructions to make a lucky four-leaf clover instead.
We have updated this post since its first publication in March of 2018 to include even more printable shamrock templates that you can use to make handprint shamrock arts and crafts with the kids. Download and print your favorite today! You might also enjoy this list of Saint Patrick’s Day Arts and Crafts for kids.
Related: Rainbow Shamrock Salt Painting
Easy Shamrock Handprint Arts and Crafts for Kids
Is there someone in your life that you can never figure out what to gift them? For me, that person is my father, he never needs or wants anything! Fortunately, he adores his only granddaughter, he is an Irishman named Patrick, and his favorite color happens to be green–surprise, surprise!
Yup, this means that my daughter and I have finally designed the perfect handmade shamrock gift for him. (see what I did there?) And, my brother, of course. He, too, is an Irishman named Patrick. Yes, really!
My father thought our shamrock handprint poem was so good–he told me to share it with you as a shamrock art template that you can download and print. Isn’t that fantastic!? We thought so too. Unfortunately, he is no longer around to enjoy these sweet St. Patrick’s Day crafts, may he rest in peace.
But we sure are glad that you can make this cute handprint shamrock craft, complete with our original shamrock handprint poem template, for someone you love this Saint Patrick’s Day in his memory.Shamrock Handprint Art Template with Poem
Handprint Shamrock Art Supplies
Gather the supplies below to make handprint shamrock crafts:
- Shamrock handprint art template with shamrock handprint poem (Contains a total of six different pages to choose from to make shamrock handprint crafts and gifts for family and friends.)
- Cardstock or square canvas
- Green tempera or green acrylic paint
Related: The Best Art Supplies for Kids and Why Young Artists Should Use Them
How to Make a Handprint Shamrock Craft for St. Patrick’s Day
There are a few different ways you can choose to create shamrock handprint arts and crafts. So we have several printable shamrock craft templates with our original handprint poem that you can use to create a handprint shamrock any way you want it to look. Or make a handprint shamrock directly onto a square canvas or piece of cardstock, as shown below.
If you choose to use our printable shamrock art template, we have provided a total of six printable options that you can download and print to make Saint Patrick’s Day crafts. Create a handprint art shamrock inside the black or green shamrock outline, or make shamrock handprint crafts with your hands on the blank shamrock handprint craft template.
Each of the printable handprint shamrock craft templates has the option of the shamrock handprint poem printed at the top or the bottom of the page. So, choose your favorite shamrock craft template to download and print, and use it to make Saint Patrick’s day arts and crafts at home or in the classroom.
Or, make St. Patrick’s Day handprint arts and crafts with our lucky four-leaf clover handprint craft template and poem! And, while you’re at it, make sure you teach children the difference between a shamrock and a clover to make it even more fun. You can find the answer in this list of Saint Patrick’s Day art and craft ideas.
Shamrock Handprint Art Tutorial
Follow the simple step-by-step instructions below to create a handprint shamrock with our printable poem for Saint Patrick’s Day. Or, if you would prefer to make your art directly onto a square canvas, we have provided our shamrock handprint poem at the bottom of this post for you to copy onto the canvas. (But please don’t publish it on your own blog or store.)
Another option is to write the handprint shamrock poem on a blank Saint Patrick’s day greeting card to complete this shamrock handprint gift idea. (Please note: the original poem by Nell Regan K., and art templates, are for personal use only. They are copyright protected and are not for commercial use–thank you!)
Related: Homemade Gifts Kids Can Make
1. Print the shamrock art template (optional) and gather shamrock handprint craft supplies.
- First, print your favorite printable shamrock art template onto heavy cardstock.
- Alternatively, you can create your Saint Patrick’s Day art directly onto heavyweight cardstock (as shown above) or on a square canvas.
2. Paint one hand (or both hands) with green paint.
- Use a flat wash paintbrush to paint your child’s hand, or hands, with green tempera paint or green acrylic paint. In other words, use one hand to create the leaves of the shamrock or both–you choose!
- My daughter and I found it really easy, and less messy to use one hand and spin the paper around to create multiple leaves. However, it might also be fun to have both hands represented in your shamrock art.
3. Stamp hand(s) to make the handprint shamrock art on cardstock shamrock craft template or canvas.
- Gently press and lift the painted hand (or hands) down on the handprint shamrock template, or directly onto a square canvas, to create handprint shamrock art.
- Either, make a single handprint in the center of a shamrock, fill each of the 3-lobed leaves of the black or green shamrock outline with a handprint, or make each shamrock with only handprints on the blank templates with the poem at the top or the bottom.
- Since my daughter is getting older and her hand is getting bigger, we had to overlap her palms a bit more to create the shamrock art on regular-sized paper. If you have a child with a smaller hand, you can create the handprint art shamrock to make the palms more visible. Or, of course, you can use a larger canvas.
- Scroll up and down to see all of our shamrock handprint craft examples from a few years ago. (Please note: we have updated our shamrock art printable templates so they look a bit different today than they do in the photograph below.)
Related: Four Leaf Clover Handprint with Poem
Saint Patrick’s Day Shamrock Handprint Poem
I wrote a cute little Saint Patrick’s day shamrock handprint poem to go with this shamrock handprint art project. Send it to someone you love for Saint Patrick’s Day! Click on the link to download and print, or use an extra-fine tip paint pen to write it by hand onto a Saint Patrick’s Day card, or an art canvas with a handprint shamrock.
I have written two slightly different versions of the shamrock handprint poem, depending on how you choose to make the shamrock handprint art to go with it.
Please Note: These shamrock handprint poems by Nell Regan K. (founder of Rhythms of Play) are Copyright protected, and are for personal use only–thank you!)
Shamrock Handprint Poem for 3 Handprints
These aren’t just handprints, as you can plainly see.
I made a special shamrock to remind you of me.
With my little green handprints, I’m sending love and luck your way.
As a special blessing from me to you on Saint Patrick’s Day!Nell Regan K.
Shamrock Handprint Poem for a Single Handprint
This isn’t just a handprint, as you can plainly see.
I made a special shamrock to remind you of me.
With my little green handprint, I’m sending love and luck your way.
As a special blessing from me to you on Saint Patrick’s Day!~Nell Regan K.
Related: Saint Patrick’s Day Shamrock Art
Easy Handprint Shamrock Craft for Toddlers and Preschoolers
Send this shamrock handprint poem with your children’s handprint art as a gift to mom, dad, or grandparents for Saint Patrick’s day this year!
And, don’t forget to have a look at this HUGE list of Saint Patrick’s day art and craft ideas!
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
If You Liked This Saint Patrick’s Day Shamrock Craft, You May Also Like
- Rainbow Shamrock Salt Painting
- Four Leaf Clover Collage
- Spring Bucket List of Fun Activities for Kids
- Flower Art Projects Kids Love!
Leave a Comment