If you can’t find a lucky four-leaf clover… Make one! This lucky clover art collage is a fun spring art and craft idea perfect for Saint Patrick’s Day.
Invite children to make lucky four-leaf clover collage art, at home or in the classroom, with this simple Saint Patrick’s Day craft idea!
We used fresh clover growing in our yard to create the lucky four-leaf clover nature art collage pictured, however, many other types of natural items and craft supplies can be used to make this quick and easy collage art project for Saint Patrick’s Day.
Speaking of Saint Patrick’s Day, have you ever wondered what the difference between a shamrock and a four-leaf clover is? Find out in this awesome collection of Shamrock and Clover Art and Craft Projects.
Related: Rainbow Salt Paint Shamrock
The Search for a Four Leaf Clover
One could spend hours looking for a four-leaf clover and never find one. My daughter and I sure did! After several afternoons with no luck, we came up with a new plan… We decided to make our own luck!
Finding 3 leaf clover is a lot easier than finding a four-leaf clover, so, we decided to collect some clover to make lucky four-leaf clover collage art, and now you can too!
Collect clover to make a nature collage, or, use any of the other craft supplies listed below!
Invite children to look for a lucky four-leaf clover. You just may find one!
Related: Heart Shaped Nature Scavenger Hunt
Four-Leaf Clover Collage Art Supplies
- Free four-leaf clover art template (optional)
- Clover, or, any of the optional collage art craft supplies listed below
- White glue
Optional Art Collage Craft Supplies
Use natural clover to make the nature art collage pictured, or, try any of the other craft supplies listed below to make this four-leaf clover collage art project!
- Saint Patrick’s Day stickers
- Washi tape
- Dot stickers or rainbow dot markers
- Use scissors, or a paper punch, to cut up small cut up pieces of; tissue paper, construction paper, or cardstock.
- Natural materials such as noodles, beans, lentils, small leaves, flowers, or twigs
- Anything else that is green, or rainbow-colored, that will work to make an art collage!
How to Make Four-Leaf Clover Collage Art
Making an art collage is a great fine motor activity for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners. Placing the clover, or other craft materials, onto the paper and gluing it down is a fun way for children to develop the fine motor muscles in the hand in order to prepare for writing.
If you are lucky enough to have clover growing nearby, send the kids out searching for four-leaf clovers. It will get them outside studying nature and burning energy, so you can relax for a bit.
1. Go on a nature hunt in search of clover; or, gather any of the other craft materials listed in the optional art collage craft supply section.
2. Draw your own four-leaf clover or download our FREE four-leaf clover art template.
3. Invite children to create their own lucky four-leaf clover collage art. Either cut clover leaves and glue them onto the paper or use any of the optional art collage craft supplies listed above.
Lucky Four-Leaf Clover Art Collage: Process
My daughter loved this art project from start to finish. We had a blast hunting for four-leaf clovers together.
When we didn’t find any, I suggested that we make one. She was so excited she raced home with a handful of clover ready to go.
First, she noticed that each cloverleaf looked like a heart as she placed one on each leaf of the four-leaf clover.
She worked carefully to fill each petal of her lucky clover one by one.
She decided that the stems needed to be glued to the stem of her lucky clover–too cute!
Saint Patrick’s Day Collage Art Project for Kids
Making a lucky four-leaf clover nature collage is a fun spring art project for kids. Make a lucky four-leaf clover today!
Pop over to find out what the difference between a shamrock and a clover is in this awesome list of shamrock and lucky four-leaf clover art and craft projects.
More Nature Crafts and Activities
- Nature Arts & Crafts Printable Activity Pack
- Forest School Outdoor Nature Activities for Kids
- Nature Arts and Crafts that Use Natural Materials