Learn how to make a paper flower crown with the printable sunflower crown template step-by-step instructions below!
Here’s a flower crown printable that makes a gorgeous sunflower tiara or summer headdress for any girl or boy, man or woman! And it doubles as a sunflower coloring page! The instructions below share how to use our printable flower crown template to fashion a sunflower crown for the summer solstice, as a summer camp craft, or as a summertime activity, which the kids are sure to love! Remember, it’s a sure sign of summer when you find a sunflower as tall as you.
The good thing about paper flower crowns is that they can last a bit longer than the moment it takes to place them upon a child or an adult’s head. They are a fun printable coloring page to color and decorate and then make into a sunflower tiara or crown. But making flower crowns and crafts with fresh flowers is also really fun. So, we recommend trying both options!
This tutorial shares how to make a sunflower crown with a printable paper flower crown template. Or, use our fall leaf crown with fresh flowers instead of preserved autumn leaves for another fantastic printable flower crown template option. Or, learn how to make a flower crown with real fresh flowers with the instructions–>HERE.
Printable Flower Crown Supplies
How to Make a Paper Flower Crown
Use the step-by-step instructions below to make a paper flower crown craft with a gorgeous giant sunflower on the front! Your children will look like they are wearing sunflower tiaras!
Step 1 – Download, print, and cut out the Paper SunFlower crown Printable template
- Download and print either of the sunflower crown templates onto heavyweight cardstock.
- One printable has a half-circle around the sunflower, making it easier for toddlers and preschoolers to cut out, while the other printable flower crown does not. (See Step 3)
Step 2 – Decorate Paper flower crown Printable.
- Invite children from toddlers to teens, or adults, to color and decorate their printable sunflower tiara flower crown with:
Step 3 – Cut out Printable Flower Crown Template.
- Once it is decorated and personalized, carefully cut out the printable sunflower crown template.
- Invite toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, and young elementary-age children to use and cut out the sunflower with the half-circle. Children in the upper grades, tweens, teens, and adults can cut out each sunflower petal of the paper crown printable without the half-circle guideline if they prefer.
Step 4 – Attach yarn or string to complete the Sunflower Tiara flower crown craft.
- Use a single hole punch to punch holes on either side of the printable sunflower crown. There are dots on the printable flower crown template to make this easy.
- Next, measure and tie a piece of yarn (or string) to each side of the paper sunflower crown craft.
- Before tightening, place it onto the crown of a child’s (or adult’s) head, gently bend and form the sunflower crown printable around their forehead, and tie it to fit.
Printable Paper Flower Crown Craft for Kids and Adults
Once finished, crown your summer prince or princess with their handmade paper flower crown craft or sunflower tiara. This gorgeous printable crown with a giant sunflower on the front will make anyone feel like a king or queen for the summer solstice, at summer camp, or just for fun.
Children from toddlers to teens also enjoy planting sunflowers and growing a sunflower hut or fort. Click the link to learn more about growing sunflowers with kids.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
More Flower Craft Ideas
- Flower Nature Crafts
- Shell Daisy Craft
- Fingerprint Flower Magnets
- Flower Art Projects and Painting Ideas