A heart candle holder painted with four faux stained glass hearts is an easy craft that makes a unique gift idea for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Christmas, or an anniversary.
Painting gorgeous faux stained glass hearts on square candle holders or votives are fun and easy heart crafts and homemade DIY gift ideas that children and adults can make. Learn how to make this magnificent candle holder with hand-painted faux stained glass hearts for someone you love with the step-by-step DIY candle holder craft project tutorial below. You might also enjoy this list of hand-painted candle holders kids can make or this list of homemade gift ideas.
Hand-Painted Faux Stained Glass Hearts on Candle Holders
This faux stained glass heart tutorial shares how to hand paint one heart onto each side of a square votive candle holder to create a quadruple heart votive candle holder. Painting faux stained glass hearts on candle holders is fun and easy for kids and adults. Even toddlers and preschoolers can help paint hearts on votive candle holders.
Faux-stained glass heart candle holders make a fantastic gift idea for Valentine’s Day, Christmas, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or an anniversary. You can even personalize them with the DIY directions–> HERE. (Click the link to learn how!)
Quadruple Heart Candle Holders Materials List
- 3-inch square votives
- Glass paint
- Glass paint outline tube (black) (optional)
- Printable heart template (use the small heart template from this collection of clipart heart outlines)
How to Paint Multiple Hearts on Square Votive Candle Holders
Follow the easy step-by-step instructions below to hand-paint candle holders with faux-stained glass hearts.
Related: Keepsake DIY Gifts for Him or Her
1. Tape a small heart template to the inside of a square votive candle holder.
- First, download and print our small heart template or use a black glass paint outline tube to draw your own heart. If you are using the small heart template, cut it out and tape it to the inside of the square votive to hold it in place.
- Tip: Cut the small heart template to fit inside the square votive, so the bottom edge of the template rests on the inside edge of the square window of the candle holder. Standing the heart template on its edge in this way makes it easy to reuse the heart art template repeatedly without the need to measure!
- Or, draw your own heart or another design directly onto the candle holder, such as the faux stained glass pattern–>HERE.
2. Use the glass paint outline tube to trace or draw a heart onto each side of a square votive.
- Next, use a black glass paint outliner to trace the small heart template, or freehand draw a heart design onto the outside of the candle holder. Repeat this process until you have one heart outline on each side of the square candle holder.
- Allow the black outline of each heart to dry for at least 24 hours before moving on to the next step.
3. Paint the inside of each heart with glass paint to create faux-stained glass hearts.
- Finally, use glass paint to color the heart. Painting with glass paint is a bit different than other paints. Load your brush with glass paint and dab as much as you can into the black outline of the heart: the more paint, the better. If you brush it on in a thin layer, you might not be able to see the color of the heart very well once it dries.
- For best results, allow the faux stained glass hearts to dry for a minimum of 24 hours.
- Once your faux-stained glass hearts on the candle holders are dry, you can personalize them with names, places, dates, and more–click the link to find out how!
- And, if you want to make personalized heart candle holders for Mother’s Day or Father’s Day, click on the links to learn how to personalize them for mom, dad, grandma, and grandpa!
Related: Hand-Painted Candle Holder Crafts Kids Can Make
Gorgeous Examples of DIY Quadruple Heart Square Votives
Candleholders with multiple faux stained glass hearts painted on them look stunningly gorgeous, both lit and unlit. And one of the most impressive features of hand-painted heart candle holders is that quadruple heart candle holders will cast gorgeous hearts onto a nearby wall when lit–just look at the beautiful photo below!
Related: Faux-Stained Glass Candle Holders
Faux Stained Glass Quadruple Heart Candle Holders
Hand-painting gorgeous stained glass heart decorations with glass paint on square votive candle holders is an easy craft and DIY project for older kids, teens, and adults.
Quadruple heart votives also make a gorgeous centerpiece for weddings (or any other special occasion) and an easy homemade gift idea for Valentine’s Day, Christmas, or an anniversary. And, best of all, you can easily personalize them for that extra special touch!
If you want to make faux stained glass heart candle holders for Mother’s Day or Father’s Day, click on the links for examples and ideas to personalize heart votives for mom, dad, grandma, or grandpa!
You may also like our ultimate family gift guide with DIY and ready-made gift ideas for the whole family!
If You Liked This Heart Votive DIY, You may also like
- Heart Art Projects
- Hand Painted Votives
- Beautiful Gifts Kids Can Make
- DIY Keepsake Gifts for Him or Her
- Hand Painted Candle Holders Gift Ideas
- Thumbprint Heart Crafts & Gift Ideas
- Homemade Gifts Kids Can Make
Leave a Comment