Learn how to make a fingerprint flower necklace or keychain pendant. Use this easy flower necklace jewelry making tutorial to make one of a kind fingerprint flower keychain and flower necklace pendants your family will treasure. Perfect keepsake craft idea for May Day, Mother’s Day or your child’s favorite teacher!
Related: Fingerprint Flower Glass Magnets
Related: Mother-Daughter Necklace Set
DIY Fingerprint Flower Necklace or Keychain Pendant
Gather the fingerprint flower necklace and keychain pendant jewelry making supplies that you would like to use below and follow the easy step by step directions to make your own fingerprint necklaces and keychains.
Related: Handprint Jewelry Dish Kids Can Make
Fingerprint Flower Necklace and Keychain Pendant Supplies
Choose the type of fingerprint flower necklace and keychain pendant shapes, pre-made necklaces, and key rings you would like to use to make fingerprint flower necklaces and keychains from the materials list below.
- Finger Ink Pads
- Bright white heavyweight printer paper or cardstock
- Mod Podge
- Detail scissors
- Diamond glaze
- Oval pendant trays with oval glass cabochons
- Pre-made necklace options for pendants (or make your own necklace):
- Key rings and snap hooks for fingerprint flower keychain pendants
Fingerprint Flower Necklace and Fingerprint Flower Keychain Video Tutorial
In the video, my daughter demonstrates how to make fingerprint butterflies magical with gel pens. You can use a similar technique to spruce up fingerprint flowers too!
If you would like to see a video that shows how to make a fingerprint flower click on the link to see our fingerprint flower glass magnet video.
Step by written directions for making a fingerprint flower necklace can be found below.
Fingerprint Flower Necklace and Keychain Pendant Step By Step Tutorial
Step 1 – Make a Fingerprint Flower
A child’s fingerprints can be used to make flowers for a necklace and/or keychain pendant. Use the easy directions below to make a fingerprint flower necklace or a fingerprint flower keychain.
- Press one fingertip into a finger ink pad.
- Gently press the same fingertip with ink onto a white sheet of paper.
- Select another ink color and press a different fingertip into the finger ink pad again.
- Create 4 to 7 fingerprint flower petals around the first fingerprint to make a fingerprint flower.
- Wash hands and allow fingerprint ink to dry before moving on to step 2.
Step 2 – Glue the Fingerprint Flower to the Glass Cabochon
- Place a drop of clear-drying glue on the back (flat side) of glass cabochon.
- Place the cabochon on top of the fingerprint flower glue side down.
- Allow glue to dry overnight.
Step 3 – Cut Away the Remaining Paper
- Use small scissors to trim and cut away the excess paper around the glass cabochon.
Step 4 – Glue Glass Cabochon into a Pendant Tray
- Apply diamond glaze adhesive to the inside of a pendant tray.
- Place glass cabochon with the fingerprint flower into the pendant tray and press down to remove air bubbles.
- Hold firmly for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Wipe edges clean with a damp cloth.
- Allow fingerprint necklace pendant to dry overnight.
Step 5 – Place Fingerprint Pendant onto a Necklace or Key Ring
- Thread a necklace through the loop of the fingerprint flower pendant to finish your fingerprint flower keychain or necklace. Ready-made options can be found below.
- Necklace options:
- sterling silver snake chain necklace
- silver plated snake chain necklaces
- multi-colored satin silk necklaces
- imitation leather cord necklaces
- Bead your own necklace or use one of the premade necklace options below. (If you bead your own necklace make sure to place the fingerprint flower pendant onto the necklace when it is halfway finished, otherwise it may not fit over the beads to hang down in the middle.)
- Keychain option:
Related: Easy Flower Art Projects for Kids
More DIY ideas for keychain charms and pendant necklaces
There are lots of fun and easy ways to use pendants to make necklaces and keychain charms. Click on the links for all the DIY details!
- DIY photo necklaces and/or photo keychains
- fingerprint art necklaces and/or fingerprint art keychain and backpack charms
- thumbprint heart necklaces and/or thumbprint heart keychains
Fingerprint flower Necklace or Fingerprint Flower Keychain Gift Idea
Fingerprint flower necklace and keychain pendants make an easy gift idea for May Day, Mother’s Day, Christmas, a birthday or an end of the year gift for your child’s favorite teacher.
Invite your child to use their fingers to create one of a kind fingerprint flower necklace and fingerprint flower keychain keepsake gifts that friends and family will treasure for years to come.
Simple keepsakes like a fingerprint keepsake gifts are always a favorite with friends and family. DIY photo necklaces and personalized photo keychains and personalized heart candle holders also make wonderful handmade gift ideas.
Don’t forget to pop over to check out all of the other beautiful gift ideas kids can make and DIY and ready-made gift ideas for the whole family!
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE.
If you Liked Fingerprint Flower Necklace and Fingerprint Flower Keychain Pendants, You May Also Like:
- Fingerprint Flower Glass Magnets
- Flower Art Projects Kids LOVE!
- Fingerprint Art Glass Magnets
- Beautiful Handmade Gifts Even Kids Can Make!
- Ultimate Family Gift Guide
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!