Fingerprint Flower Magnets are a handmade fingerprint art gift and flower craft idea kids can make. This fingerprint flower magnet craft is an easy homemade gift idea for Mother’s Day, Grandparents Day, and Birthdays.
Making fingerprint art flowers and turning them into magnets is an easy keepsake craft and gift idea that kids can make that mom, dad, and the grandparents LOVE!
Related: Thumbprint Heart Glass Magnets
Fingerprint Flower Craft Supplies
Related: Pinecone Rose Card
How to Make Fingerprint Flower Glass Magnet Craft and Gift Idea
Learn how to make a fingerprint flower and then turn it into a DIY glass gem magnet following the easy directions below.
Step – 1 Make a Fingerprint Flower
Invite your children to use their fingertips to make easy fingerprint flower art that can be used to make a flower magnet craft. Use the easy directions below to make a whole bunch of fingerprint flowers to use to make fingerprint flower magnets. You can also make fingerprint flower necklaces or keychains!
How to Make Fingerprint Flower Art
- Press one fingertip into a finger ink pad.
- Gently press the same fingertip with fingerprint ink onto a bright white sheet of cardstock.
- Select another fingerprint ink color and press a different fingertip into the fingerprint ink pad again.
- Create 4 to 7 fingerprint flower petals around the first fingerprint to make each fingerprint art flower craft.
- Allow fingerprint ink to dry before moving on to step 2.
Step 2 – Glue the Fingerprint Flower Art to the Glass Gem
- Place a large drop of clear-drying glue on the back (flat side) of the glass gem.
- Allow the glue to dry overnight.
Step 3 – Cut Away the Remaining Paper Around the Glass Gem
- Use a pair of small craft scissors to trim and cut away the paper around the glass gem.
Step 4 – Glue the Magnet to the Glass Gem with the Fingerprint Flower Art
- Use a foam brush to paint clear drying glue on top of the paper on the back of the glass gem.
- Go over the edges of the paper to make sure they are glued down.
- Place a magnet into the glue and allow fingerprint flower glass gem magnets to dry overnight.
Fingerprint Flower Art Magnets Step by Step Video Tutorial
The step by step video tutorial below shows how to make fingerprint flower magnets. Another fun idea is to make fingerprint flower necklaces or keychains.
Related: Flower Art Projects Kids LOVE!
Fingerprint Flower Craft Keepsake Gift Idea
Mom, dad and the grandparents enjoy handmade keepsakes, like this fingerprint art flower magnet craft, from the children in their lives. This is why fingerprint art flower magnets, thumbprint heart magnets, and fingerprint art magnets are a homemade fingerprint keepsake gift idea friends and family LOVE!
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE.
More Flower Art and Craft Ideas
- Easy Fingerprint Flower Necklaces or Keychain Pendants
- Shell Daisy Craft
- Hand Painted Flower Candle Holders
- Watercolor Rose Art
- Pinecone Rosebud Mother’s Day Card
- Flower Art Projects Kids LOVE!
- Easy Felt Flowers (pictured below)