Fingerprint Flower Glass Magnets are a homemade gift idea and fingerprint keepsake craft kids can make. Fingerprint flower magnets are an easy handmade gift for Mother’s Day, Grandparents Day, and Birthdays.
Related: Thumbprint Heart Glass Magnets
Fingerprint Flower Magnet Supplies
Gather the following simple supplies to make Thumbprint heart magnets.
Related: Pinecone Rose Card
Fingerprint Art Magnets Step by Step Video Tutorial
How to Make Fingerprint Flower Glass Magnets
Learn how to make a fingerprint flower and then turn it into a glass gem magnet following the easy directions below.
Step – 1 Make a Fingerprint Flower
Invite your children to use their fingertips to make easy fingerprint flowers that can be used to make a magnet. Use the easy directions below to make a whole bunch of fingerprint flowers.
- Press one fingertip into a finger ink pad.
- Gently press the same fingertip with ink onto a white sheet of paper.
- Select another ink color and press a different fingertip into the finger ink pad again.
- Create 4 to 7 fingerprint flower petals around the first fingerprint to make a fingerprint flower.
- Allow finger ink to dry before moving on to step 2.
Step 2 – Glue the Fingerprint Flower to the Glass Gem
- Place a large drop of clear-drying glue on the back (flat side) of the glass gem.
- Glue a magnet on top of the fingerprint flower so the flower can be seen through the glass gem.
- Allow the glue to dry overnight.
Step 3 – Cut Away the Remaining Paper Around the Glass Gem
Use a pair of small scissors to trim and cut away the paper around the glass gem.
Step 4 – Glue the Magnet to the Glass Gem with the Fingerprint Flower
Use a foam brush to paint clear drying glue on top of the paper on the back of the glass gem. Go over the edges of the paper to make sure they are glued down. Place a magnet into the glue and allow fingerprint flower glass gem magnets to dry overnight.
Related: Flower Art Projects Kids LOVE!
Fingerprint Keepsake Gift Idea
Fingerprint flower glass gem magnets are a homemade fingerprint keepsake gift idea friends and family LOVE! Mom, dad and the grandparents enjoy handmade keepsakes from the children in their lives.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE.
If you Liked Fingerprint Flower Magnets, You May Also Like:
The One Essential Tool You Need To Get Organized For Good!
Join the Rhythms of Play community to get organized, connect with your kids, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!