DIY Thumbprint Heart Glass Gem Magnets are a cool heart craft and homemade gift idea that kids (and adults) can make. Thumbprint heart magnets are a fun thumbprint heart craft perfect for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day or Father’s Day.
Simple keepsakes like a thumbprint heart are always a favorite with friends and family. Make some heart magnets with your children today!
Related: Fingerprint Art Magnet Craft
Related: Heart Candle Holder Craft
DIY Thumbprint Heart Craft Supplies
Gather the following simple craft supplies to make Thumbprint heart magnets.
- Bright white heavyweight paper
- Finger ink pads or (red fingerprint pad)
- Large clear glass gems, or these large clear glass gems
- Small craft scissors
- Mod Podge
Related: Slow Falling Hearts Sensory Bottle
Thumbprint Heart Magnet Craft Step by Step Directions
Make thumbprint hearts and turn them into a glass gem magnets following the easy step by step directions below. You can also make easy fingerprint or thumbprint heart necklaces. Click on the link for the tutorial.
Step – 1 Make a Thumbprint or Fingerprint Heart
A fingerprint or thumbprint can be used to make a heart to use to make a fingerprint art magnet. Use the easy directions below to make a fingerprint or a thumbprint heart.
- Press thumb into a finger ink pad.
- Gently press thumb with ink onto paper.
- Press thumb into ink pad again to reapply ink.
- Tilt thumb slightly and press down again to make thumbprint heart art.
- Allow fingerprint ink to dry before moving on to step 2.
Step 2 – Glue the Thumbprint Heart Art to the Glass Gem
- Place a drop of clear-drying glue on the back (flat side) of glass gem.
- Put a glass gem on top of the fingerprint heart, glue side down.
- Allow glue to dry overnight.
Step 3 – Cut Away the Remaining Paper from Heart Craft
- Use small scissors to trim and cut away paper around the glass gem. It doesn’t need to be perfect. If any paper lifts away from the glass gem you can glue it down in the next step.
Step 4 – Glue the Magnet to the Flat Glass Marble with Fingerprint Heart to Complete Heart Craft
- Use a foam brush to paint clear drying glue on top of the heart art paper on the back of the glass gem. Go over the edges of the paper to make sure they are glued down. Place magnet into the glue and allow to dry overnight.
How to Make Thumbprint Heart Magnets Step by Step Video Tutorial
Related: Heart Shaped Scavenger Hunt
More Heart Art Ideas and Heart Crafts
Make Thumb-Buggy fingerprint love bug cards to go with your thumbprint heart magnets. We have even provided message ideas for Valentine’s day, Mother’s day, and many other occasions.
Pop over to have a look at this gorgeous collection of heart art… Just click on the link to see them all!
We have rounded up a whole slew of thumbprint and fingerprint heart craft and gift ideas you are sure to love!
For even more heart craft projects and heart craft gift ideas, check out the ideas below!
- Love Bugs Heart Craft
- DIY Heart Leaf Lanterns
- Personalized Heart Candle Holder
- Quadruple Heart Candle Holder
- Easy Heart Sewing Projects for Beginners
- Heart with Celtic Knot Woodburn Tutorial
- Salt Dough Heart with Handprint and Footprint
- Tissue Paper Decoupage Heart Picture Frame
- Heart Tree
- Hanging Heart Suncatcher Prism
- Slow Falling Hearts Sensory Bottle
Thumbprint Heart Craft Gift Idea
Thumbprint heart magnets are a fun thumbprint heart craft and gift idea friends and family, LOVE!
Mom, dad and the grandparents always love handmade gifts from the children that they love. Heart magnets make an easy gift idea kids can make!
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE.
If you Liked Heart Magnets, You May Also Like:
- Love Birds Sewing Tutorial with Free Printable Pattern
- Fingerprint Art Magnets
- How to Make a Fairy Garden Step by Step Tutorial
- 15 Backyard Pallet Projects with Step by Step Tutorials
- Heart Shaped Nature Scavenger Hunt
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!