DIY Thumbprint Heart Glass Gem Magnets are a homemade keepsake and gift idea that kids (and adults) can make. Thumbprint heart magnets are perfect for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day or Father’s Day.
Simple keepsakes like a thumbprint heart are always a favorite with friends and family. Make some heart magnets with your children today!
Related: Easy Thumbprint Heart Necklaces
Related: Heart Candle Holders
DIY Thumbprint Heart Magnet Supplies
Gather the following simple supplies to make Thumbprint heart magnets.
- Bright white heavyweight printer paper
- Finger Ink Pads or (Red only)
- Clear glass gems
- Mod Podge
Related: Slow Falling Hearts Sensory Bottle
How to Make a Thumbprint Heart Glass Magnets Step by Step Tutorial
Quickly learn how to make a fingerprint art, thumbprint hearts, and fingerprint flower DIY glass magnets in the step by step video tutorial. Written step by step directions are provided below the video.
Thumbprint Heart Glass Magnets Step by Step Directions
Make thumbprint hearts and turn them into a glass gem magnets following the easy step by step directions below. You can also make easy fingerprint or thumbprint heart necklaces. Click on the link for the tutorial.
Step – 1 Make a Thumbprint Heart
A fingerprint or thumbprint can be used to make a heart to use to make a magnet. Use the easy directions below to make a fingerprint or a thumbprint heart.
- Press thumb into a finger ink pad.
- Gently press thumb with ink onto paper.
- Press thumb into ink pad again to reapply ink.
- Tilt thumb slightly and press down again to make a thumbprint heart.
- Allow fingerprint ink to dry before moving on to step 2.
Step 2 – Glue the Thumbprint Heart to the Glass Gem
- Place a drop of clear-drying glue on the back (flat side) of glass gem.
- Put glass gem on top of the fingerprint or thumbprint heart, glue side down.
- Allow glue to dry overnight.
Step 3 – Cut Away the Remaining Paper
- Use small scissors to trim and cut away paper around the glass gem. It doesn’t need to be perfect. If any paper lifts away from the glass gem you can glue it down in the next step.
Step 4 – Glue the Magnet to the Flat Glass Marble with Thumbprint Heart
- Use a foam brush to paint clear drying glue on top of the paper on the back of the glass gem. Go over the edges of the paper to make sure they are glued down. Place magnet into the glue and allow to dry overnight.
Related: Love Bugs Craft
Thumbprint Heart Magnet Gift Idea
Thumbprint heart glass gem magnets make a wonderful homemade gift idea friends and family LOVE! Mom, dad and the grandparents always love handmade gifts from the children that they love. Heart magnets make an easy gift idea kids can make!
More fun heart-shaped themed gift ideas are easy thumbprint heart necklaces or a personalized heart candle holder. You may also like DIY Photo Necklaces or these other amazing DIY gifts for him or her.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE.
If you Liked Heart Magnets, You May Also Like:
- DIY Heart Leaf Lanterns
- Heart Shaped Scavenger Hunt
- Easy Heart Sewing Projects for Beginners
- Heart with Celtic Knot Woodburn Tutorial
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!