Turn your favorite photographs into one of a kind picture keychains. DIY Personalized photo keychain charm pendants make an easy wedding favor and gift idea perfect for Christmas, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day or a birthday. Use this tutorial to create unique keepsake gifts your friends and family will treasure!
Related: Ultimate Family Gift Guide
How to Make a Personalized Photo Keychain Charms
Gather the personalized photo keychain craft supplies that you would like to use below and follow the easy step by step directions to make your own DIY photo key chains.
Related: DIY Gifts for Him or Her
DIY Photo Keychain Charm Pendant Supplies
Choose the type of photo charm pendant shapes that you would like to use to make DIY photo charms from the materials list below.
- Small personal photographs
- Detail scissors or precision knife and cutting mat
- Diamond glaze
- Pendant trays with glass cabochon keychain making options (choose at least one from the list below):
- Key ring for thumbprint heart keychains (Note: the square option listed above comes with a lanyard keychain and key ring)
- Metal Swivel lanyard snap hook with key ring
- Bronze key ring (for bronze pendants in variety packs)
- Bronze lobster claw clasp with a snap hook (for bronze pendants in variety packs)
Related: Thumbprint Heart Keychain Pendant
DIY Photo Keychain Charms Video Tutorial
Related: Beautiful Homemade Gifts
Personalized Photo Keychain Charms Step By Step Jewelry Making Tutorial
Step 1 – Select a photograph or photographs to make into photo keychains
- Select a photograph to make one photo keychain or several photographs to make a lot of photo keychains.
- Use a glass cabochon to place over the photographs to find the pictures that will fit the keychain charm pendant tray.
Step 2 – Trace glass cabochon over the photograph
- Place glass cabochon over the photo and use a marker to trace it. Skip this step if you will be using a precision knife and cutting mat to cut out the photograph or photographs.
Step 3 – Cut out the photograph or photographs
- Use detail scissors or a precision knife and cutting mat to cut out the photograph or photographs for the number of photo keychain charms that you want to make.
Step 4 – Glue the photograph into the Keychain Pendant Tray
- Use diamond glaze adhesive to glue a photograph into a pendant tray of the same shape.
- Use a wet cloth to wipe edges to clean off any excess adhesive.
- Allow photo keychain charms to dry overnight.
Step 5 – Attach photo pendant charms to the Keychain
- Open the split ring and attach the lanyard swivel hook and the photo pendant charms.
More DIY ideas for keychain charms and pendant necklaces
There are lots of fun and easy ways to use pendants to make necklaces and keychain charms. Click on the links for all the DIY details!
- photo keychains
- fingerprint art necklaces and/or fingerprint art keychain and backpack charms
- thumbprint heart necklaces and/or thumbprint heart keychains
- fingerprint flower necklaces or keychains
Personalized Photo Keychain Charms Gift Idea
Personalized photo keychain charms, thumbprint heart keychains, and photo necklaces make an easy wedding favor and gift idea perfect for Christmas, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day or a birthday.
Turn your favorite photographs into one of a kind keepsakes that friends and family will treasure for years to come! Fingerprint art magnets, fingerprint art necklaces, and fingerprint art keychain and backpack charms are another fun gift idea.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE.
If you Liked Photo Keychains, You May Also Like:
- DIY Photo Necklace
- Ultimate Family Gift Guide
- DIY Projects for Do it Yourself Families
- DIY Keepsake Gifts for Him or Her
- Beautiful Handmade Gifts Even Kids Can Make
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!