Make a custom picture keychain with this easy step by step personalized photo keychain tutorial!
Turn your favorite photographs into personalized picture keychains! A personalized photo keychain is an easy homemade gift idea for Christmas, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day, or a birthday. DIY Photo charms also make a great wedding favor idea.
Making custom picture keychains is so easy, even children can make DIY keychains with pictures! Make DIY keychains with pictures for parents, grandparents, or someone you love today! You may also enjoy learning how to make picture necklaces.
Related: Fingerprint Art Keychain Charms
How to Make Keychains with Pictures
Gather photo keychain charm craft supplies, and follow the easy step-by-step instructions to learn how to make keychains with pictures.
Another fun idea is to make fingerprint art keychain and backpack charms or thumbprint heart keychains. Click on the link for the step by step directions to make these fun homemade picture pendants and charms.
Related: DIY Gifts for Him or Her
DIY Picture Keychain Craft Supplies
Choose the type of photo pendant shapes that you would like to use to make DIY picture charms from the materials list below.
- Small personal photographs
- Detail craft scissors or precision knife and cutting mat
- Diamond Glaze
- Photo pendant charms with glass cabochon – photo keychain making options (choose at least one photo charm from the list below):
- Key ring for picture keychains (choose at least one photo key chain and key ring)
Related: Thumbprint Heart Keychain Pendant
DIY Picture Keychain Charms Video Tutorial
This step by step photo charm video tutorial shares how to make picture necklace photo jewelry. Picture keychains are made the same way that picture necklaces are. The only difference is the final step. Put personalized picture keychains onto a keyring with a lanyard instead of a necklace to finish them.
Written photo keychain directions can be found below the picture charms video.
Related: Beautiful Homemade Gifts
Personalized Photo Keychain Step By Step Tutorial
Step 1 – Select a photograph or photographs to make into personalized photo keychain charms
- Select a photograph to make one photo keychain or several photographs to make a bunch of picture keychains.
- Place a glass cabochon over each photograph to find the pictures that will fit into the picture keychain photo charm pendant trays.
Step 2 – Trace glass cabochon over each photo to create a keychain picture frame
- Place glass cabochon over the photo and use a marker to trace it. Skip this step if you will be using a precision knife and cutting mat to cut out the photograph or photographs for your personalized photo charms.
Step 3 – Cut out the photograph or photographs for picture keychain photo charms
- Use scissors or a precision knife and cutting mat to cut out the photograph or photographs for the number of photo keychain charms you want to make.
Step 4 – Glue the photograph into the photo keychain charm pendant tray
- Use diamond glaze adhesive to glue a photograph into a picture keychain pendant tray of the same shape.
- Wipe the edges of photo charms with a damp cloth to clean off any excess adhesive.
- Allow photo keychain charms to dry overnight.
Step 5 – Attach Photo Charms to Keychains to Finish Picture Keychains
- Open the split ring and attach the lanyard swivel hook to the personalized picture keychains.
Related: DIY Mother-Daughter Necklace Set
More Ideas for Personalized Keychain Charms and Pendant Necklaces
There are many fun and easy ways to use pendants to make homemade personalized necklaces and keychains. Click on the links for all the DIY details!
- Picture Necklaces Photo Jewelry Tutorial
- Fingerprint Flower Necklaces or Keychains
- Fingerprint art necklaces and/or Fingerprint Art Keychain and Backpack Charms
- Thumbprint Heart Necklaces and/or Thumbprint Heart Keychains (pictured below)
Personalized Photo Keychain Picture Charms Homemade Gift Idea
Custom picture keychains also make a great wedding favor idea. Turn your favorite photographs into one of a kind keepsakes that friends and family will treasure for years to come!
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE.