Personalized gift ideas, such as these homemade heart candle holders, are always a hit with family and friends.
Personalized Candle Holders make a unique handmade gift idea for family, friends, and lovers that kids and adults can make. Personalizing hand-painted faux stained glass hearts on candle holders is a fun and easy craft idea for children from toddlers and preschoolers to kindergarteners, teens, and adults.
DIY Personalized Votive Candle Holders Gift Idea
Creating gorgeous faux stained glass decorations is easy for kids, teens, and adults. These DIY, quadruple heart, votive candle holders also make a beautiful wedding centerpiece.
Friends and family love custom homemade gifts with a personal touch. This fact makes DIY personalized heart votive candle holders a great keepsake gift idea for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Christmas, and anniversaries.
Related: Best gifts for him and for her
Personalized Candle Holders Supply List
- 3-inch clear square votive holders
- Glass paint
- Glass paint outliner (black)
- Small heart art template
How to Make Personalized FAux Stained Glass Heart Votive Candle Holders
Follow the step-by-step instructions below to learn how to personalize hand-painted heart votives and candle holders.
Step 1 – Hand Paint Faux Stained Glass Hearts onto Candle holders
- First, hand-paint one heart onto a candle holder to make a single heart votive, or paint four hearts to make a quadruple heart votive candle holder.
- Click on either link above to see the complete DIY tutorial for each type of faux-stained glass heart candle holder.
- Allow hand-painted faux-stained glass hearts to dry before moving on to the next step.
Step 2 – Write a Custom Personalized Name, Word, DAte, Phrase, or Message in the Middle of Each Heart
- Once faux stained glass hearts are completely dry, it’s time to personalize them with names, words, and phrases!
- Use a black glass paint outliner, or another color of choice, to hand paint a custom name, word, date, phrase, or message in the middle of each faux-stained glass heart.
- Personalized gift ideas like these custom candle holders make great gift ideas for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, an Anniversary, Christmas, or a birthday. Click the links to see fun ways to personalize them for mom, dad, grandma, and grandpa!
- Allow personalized names, words, phrases, or messages to dry completely.
- Scroll down to see photos of different ways to personalize them for a multitude of gift reasons and occations.
Step 3 – Place a Votive or Tealight Candle Inside
- Next, put a tealight or a votive candle in each candle holder.
- Or, place a pretty bag filled with candy inside each one, with or without a candle, to make personalized gifts with a sweet touch.
- And, finally, give these beautiful personalized gift ideas away to family, friends, lovers, co-workers, classmates, and even your child’s favorite teacher.
- Or, keep them to enjoy as personalized DIY home decor!
Personalized Candle Holders Examples
Personalized candle holders look stunningly gorgeous! The faux-stained glass heart candle holders will even cast colorful glowing hearts upon the walls when lit–scroll down a bit to see the photo–aren’t they beautiful!? And, there are so many creative ways to personalize and decorate them. Gather inspiration with the ideas shown in the photos below!
Name + Name DIY Personalized Candle Holder Gift Idea for Lovers
Here’s a simple yet classic way to personalize a heart for the one you love. Write names (name + name) on a faux-stained glass heart candle holder to make this beautiful DIY Personalized gift idea for lovers on Valentine’s Day, an anniversary, or just to say I love you any time of year!
Glowing Faux-Stained Glass Heart Candle Holder gifts Personalized with the Word “LOVE”
When a candle is lit inside these candleholders in dim light, they will cast colorful glowing hearts upon the wall. Just look at the gorgeous heart behind the votive candle holder in the photograph below. Quadruple heart candle holders are best for this purpose.
DIY Personalized Candle Holder Gift Ideas for MoM
The photo below shows a single red heart with the word “Mom” written inside, but mum, grandma, or nana look just as lovely. And, are just as simple to make. Click here to see more DIY personalized candle holder gift ideas for–> Mother’s Day.
Personalized Heart Candle Holders for Dad
Here’s a picture of a personalized candle holder for Father’s Day with the word “DAD” written in the middle of one of the four faux-stained glass hearts on the candle holder. Or, write Pops, Papa, Pop, Grandpa, Gramps–or even Grumps–depending on which type of dad you are personalizing it for–lol. Please have a look at more ways to personalize these gorgeous candle holders for his birthday or –> Father’s Day.
Personalized Heart Candle Holder Gifts and Home Decor with Inspirational Words
Inspirational words make a great personalized candle holder gift any time of year. Faux-stained glass hearts with inspirational words written on them also make lovely DIY home decor. And, they are a fun project if you like to choose a word for the year.
Get our printable list of inspirational words here–> Inspirational Words Printable
The image below shows a candle holder with a lit tealight candle inside and the word “Focus” written in the middle of a purple faux-stained glass heart, with a blue heart cast upon the wall behind it.
Here’s another example of a DIY personalized candle holder with four multicolored hearts painted on it and the word “Dream” written inside a green heart.
Personalized Candle Holder Gift Ideas
Creating gorgeous stained glass heart decorations with glass paint on square votive candle holders is an easy craft for older kids, teens, and adults.
These are just a few examples of how you can personalize a faux-stained glass heart candle holder. There are so many other fun ways you can personalize them. DIY Personalized gift ideas are always a favorite with friends and family!
You may also like our ultimate family gift guide with DIY and ready-made gift ideas for the whole family!