Personalized gift ideas, such as these homemade candle holders with faux stained glass hearts, are always a hit with family and friends.
Personalized Candle Holders make a unique handmade gift idea for family, friends, and lovers that kids and adults can make for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Grandparent’s Day, a wedding anniversary, and other holidays and special events. Personalizing hand-painted faux stained glass hearts on candle holders is a fun and easy heart craft idea for children (preschoolers, kindergarteners, grade-school students, and teens) or adults.
Learn how to make personalized gifts with the simple heart candle holder DIY project tutorials below. First published on January 30, 2017; this personalized candle holder craft tutorial is regularly updated and republished to improve the content. You might also enjoy making thumbprint heart magnet crafts or this DIY personalized picture necklace tutorial. For more personalized keepsake gift ideas kids and adults can make, look at this list of homemade gift ideas for kids and adults.
Personalized Candle Holder Crafts for Kids and Adults
This DIY project involves painting hearts onto square glass candle holders with vibrant glass paints to mimic the luminous quality of stained glass. Once the paint dries, the hearts are personalized with a name, word, or phrase. Creating personalized candle holders adorned with faux stained glass hearts is a creative way to add a touch of warmth and color to any space.
The colorful translucent glass paints allow light to pass through, mimicking traditional stained glass’s beautiful, luminous effect when a candle is lit inside the votive, as shown in the photograph above. This technique offers a unique way to customize home decor or create heartfelt gifts for special occasions and introduces an element of handcrafted charm and warmth.
By selecting different colors and styles of writing, each candle holder becomes a one-of-a-kind piece that reflects personal stories, relationships, inspirational words of encouragement, and memories. Best of all, its personalized glow can enhance the ambiance of any room or space.
Not only do these candle holders serve as beautiful decorative pieces that cast a soft, colorful glow when lit from within. They also make thoughtful, handmade gifts for loved ones on special occasions such as anniversaries, birthdays, and holidays like Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, and Father’s Day.
DIY Personalized Votive Candle Holders Gift Idea
Personalized heart candle holders make a lovely DIY gift idea for someone special. Creating gorgeous faux stained glass decorations is easy for kids, teens, and adults. The DIY, personalized heart votive candle holders shown in the photographs make beautiful wedding centerpieces, a fabulous homemade gift for someone you love, and a lovely piece of home decor.
Friends and family love custom homemade gifts with a personal touch. This fact makes DIY personalized heart votive candle holders a lovely keepsake gift idea for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Grandparent’s Day, Christmas, an anniversary, or a birthday. In other words, any time is an excellent time to make a personalized candle holder for someone who means the world to you.
Related: Best gifts for him and her
How to Make Personalized Faux-Stained Glass Heart Votive Candle Holders
This personalized faux stained glass candle holder project involves using glass paints to design and fill in heart shapes painted directly onto the glass surface of square votives, creating the illusion of stained glass. Making faux stained glass hearts allows for endless creativity, enabling you to create unique and meaningful accents for your home, or someone you love.
The hearts are first outlined with a glass paint outliner, which helps define the heart design painted on the square glass candle holders. A glass paint color is then painted within the heart outline. And finally, words, names, or meaningful phrases are added in the middle of at least one of the faux-stained glass hearts on the candle holder for a deeply personal touch.
Crafting personalized candle holders with faux stained glass hearts on square glass votives is a creative craft project and gift idea that allows for a high degree of personalization and artistic expression. You can customize each candle holder to reflect personal tastes or complement specific decor themes by selecting paints in various colors and patterns.
Personalized Candle Holders Supply List:
- 3-inch clear square votive holders
- Glass paint
- Glass paint outliner (black)
- Small heart outline art template (We used the smallest horizontal heart in this printable pack of heart outlines for arts and crafts. Alternatively, you can draw a heart straight onto the candle holder without a template to trace.)
Personalized Faux Stained Glass Candle Holder Craft Step-by-Step Instructions
Follow the step-by-step instructions below to learn how to personalize hand-painted heart votives and candle holders for holidays and other festive occasions, such as a wedding.
1. Hand paint faux stained glass heart (or heart) onto candleholder(s).
- First, hand-paint one heart onto a candle holder to make a single-heart votive, or paint four hearts to make a quadruple-heart votive candle holder.
- Click on either link above to see the complete DIY instructions for each type of faux-stained glass heart candle holder.
- Allow hand-painted faux-stained glass hearts to dry before returning to this post to learn how to personalize them.
- A link in both posts will lead you back to this tutorial once they are dry and you are ready to personalize the DIY faux stained glass heart candleholder(s).
2. Write a custom personalized name, word, date, phrase, or message in the center of the heart(s)
- Once the faux-stained glass heart(s) painted on the candle holder(s) are dry to the touch, it’s time to personalize them with names, words, and phrases.
- Use a black glass paint outliner, or another color of choice, to hand paint a custom name, word, date, phrase, or message in the middle of the faux-stained glass heart(s).
- Personalized gift ideas like these custom candle holders make great gift ideas for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, a wedding anniversary, Christmas, or a birthday. Click the links to see fun ways to personalize them for mom, dad, grandma, and grandpa!
- Allow personalized names, words, phrases, or messages to dry completely.
- Scroll down to see photos of different ways to personalize them for various people and occasions.
3. Place a votive or tealight candle inside each personalized candle holder.
- Next, put a beeswax tealight or a votive candle inside each personalized gift.
- Or, place a pretty bag filled with candy inside each glass square, with or without a candle, to make homemade personalized gifts for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, or any day, to give gifts with a sweet touch.
4. Give personalized candle holders as gifts, or keep them for yourself.
- Personalized candle holders make a great gift idea for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Grandparent’s Day, an anniversary, or a birthday!
- Give these beautiful personalized candle holder gifts to family, friends, lovers, co-workers, classmates, or your child’s favorite teacher for any of the holidays on the list above–or just because.
- Or, keep them to add them to your DIY home decor. They look lovely displayed on tables, shelves, windowsills, counters, and more!
Personalized Candle Holders Examples
Personalized candle holders look stunningly gorgeous! The faux-stained glass heart candle holders will even cast colorful glowing hearts upon the walls when lit–scroll down a bit to see the photo–aren’t they beautiful!? And there are so many creative ways to personalize and decorate them. Gather inspiration with the ideas shown in the photos below!
Name + Name DIY Personalized Candle Holder Gift Idea for Lovers:
- Here’s a simple yet classic way to personalize a heart for the one you love:
- Write names (name + name) on a faux-stained glass heart candle holder to make this beautiful DIY Personalized gift idea for lovers on Valentine’s Day, an anniversary, or just to say I love you any time of year!
Glowing Faux-Stained Glass Heart Candle Holder gifts Personalized with the Word “LOVE:”
- When a candle is lit inside these candleholders in dim light, they will cast colorful glowing hearts upon the wall.
- Look at the gorgeous heart behind the votive candle holder in the photograph below. Quadruple heart candle holders are best for this purpose.
DIY Personalized Candle Holder Gift Ideas for Mom:
- The photo below shows a single red heart with the word “Mom” written inside, but Mum, Grandma, or Nana look just as lovely. And are just as simple to make.
- Click here to see more DIY personalized candle holder gift ideas for–> Mother’s Day.
Personalized Heart Candle Holders for Dad:
- Here’s a picture of a personalized candle holder for Father’s Day with the word “DAD” written in the middle of one of the four faux-stained glass hearts on the candle holder.
- Or, write Pops, Papa, Pop, Grandpa, Gramps–or even Grumps–depending on which type of dad you are personalizing it for–lol. Please look at more ways to personalize these gorgeous candle holders for his birthday or Father’s Day–>HERE.
Personalized Heart Candle Holder Gifts and Home Decor with Inspirational Words:
- Inspirational words make a great personalized candle holder gift any time of year.
- Faux-stained glass hearts with inspirational words also make lovely DIY home decor.
- And they are a fun DIY project to make for yourself if you like to choose a word for the year.
- Get our printable list of inspirational words here–> Inspirational Words Printable.
- For example, the image below shows a candle holder with a lit tealight candle inside and the word “Focus” written in the middle of a purple faux-stained glass heart, with a blue heart cast upon the wall behind it.
Here’s another example of a DIY personalized candle holder with four multicolored hearts painted on it and the word “Dream” written inside a green heart.
Personalized Candle Holder Gift Ideas
Creating gorgeous stained glass heart decorations with glass paint on square votive candle holders is an easy DIY craft project for older kids, teens, and adults.
So they make a great homemade gift idea. Because DIY Personalized gift ideas are always a favorite with friends and family.
We’ve only shown a few examples you can use to personalize a faux-stained glass heart candle holder in the photographs, but there are several other fun ways to personalize them. The only limits are the limits of your imagination.
You may also like our ultimate family gift guide with DIY and ready-made gift ideas for the whole family!