This collection of easy heart sewing projects for beginners are perfect for teaching kids how to hand sew. Any of these simple sewing projects would make a unique handmade gift idea kids can make for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day or to share love any time of year! Who doesn’t love hearts?
Related: How to Sew a Pocket Pet Mouse
Fun and Easy Heart Sewing Projects for Beginners
My daughter loves simple sewing projects. Since Valentine’s Day is on the way I thought I would try a few of these easy DIY heart sewing projects for beginners with her.
Many of the easy heart sewing projects for beginners below make a great gift idea year round. Some of these can be repurposed into ornaments, key chains, and necklaces while others would make a lovely homemade gift idea for Mother’s Day.
Related: How to Sew a Button Apple Tree
20 Easy Heart Sewing Projects for Beginners
We hope you enjoy this collection of heart-shaped sewing projects for beginners. Click on the blog name following each sewing project for the directions and step by step tutorial. Happy heart sewing!
- Paper Plate Yarn Heart Weaving | Happy Hooligans
- Paper Plate Yarn Heart Sewing Craft | I Heart Crafty Things for Red Ted Art
- DIY Felt Heart Mobile | Sew Yeah for Red Ted Art
- Felt Heart Valentine Envelopes | Stitched by Chrystal for Tauni Everett
- Heart Drawstring Bag | Diary of a Quilter
- Sewn Heart Hoops | Lauren Makes
- Heart Plushie Sewing Project for Kids | Gluesticks
- String Heart Yarn Cards | Hello Wonderful
- Fabric Hearts Sewing Project | Red Ted Art
- Felt Heart Bookmarks with Embroidery | Simple Serendipities
- Easy to Make Fabric Hearts | Cottage at the Crossroads
- Felt Heart Ornament Keyring Craft | Red Ted Art
- Stitched Felt Heart Craft | Moms and Crafters
- Felt Heat Earbud Pouch | Polkadot Chair
- Heart Sewn Valentine | Real simple
- 4 Valentine Felt Heart Sewing Crafts | Kitchen Counter Chronicles
- Heart Pencil Toppers | Moo Molly Crafts for Kids Activities Blog
- DIY Felt Heart Necklaces | Marino Bambinos
- Cross Stitch Hearts for Kids | Sewing School
- Valentine Love Bugs | Colored Buttons
If you liked these heart sewing projects, you will love this hand sewn lovebird sewing tutorial. We made heart shaped wings!
Heart Shaped Sewing Projects
These easy heart sewing projects for beginners are great for teaching kids how to hand sew. Any of these homemade craft ideas would make a great gift idea for Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day.
If you liked these easy heart sewing projects for beginners, you may also like:
- How to Sew A Jersey Knit Peasant Dress
- Valentine Heart Love Bug Craft for Kids
- Teach kids to Sew Running Stitch
- Valentine Gifts for Him and for Her
- Teach Kids to Sew Using Burlap and Yarn
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!
Nell has over 20 years of experience working with children and is the founder of Rhythms of Play. She believes in the wonder of childhood, the power of the imagination, learning through play, and getting outside in all seasons! Learn more…