This collection of easy heart sewing projects for beginners are perfect for teaching kids how to hand sew. Any of these simple sewing projects would make a unique handmade gift idea kids can make for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day or to share love any time of year! Who doesn’t love hearts?
Fun and Easy Heart Sewing Projects for Beginners
My daughter loves simple sewing projects. Since Valentine’s Day is on the way I thought I would try a few of these easy DIY heart sewing projects for beginners with her.
Many of the easy heart sewing projects for beginners below make a great gift idea year round. Some of these can be repurposed into ornaments, key chains, and necklaces while others would make a lovely gift for Mother’s Day.
Click on the blog name following each sewing project the craft to learn more about it. I have marked (*) the projects featured in the photo collages so that they are easy to find.
Related: How to Sew a Pocket Pet Mouse
22 Easy Heart Sewing Projects for Beginners
- Paper Plate Yarn Heart Weaving | Happy Hooligans
- Paper Plate Yarn Heart Sewing Craft | I Heart Crafty Things for Red Ted Art *
- Plastic Lid Sewing Cards | Freshly Planted
- String Heart Yarn Cards | Hello Wonderful
- Heart Sewn Valentine | Real simple *
- Sew a Heart Valentine | Emily Neuburger
- Fabric Hearts Sewing Project | Red Ted Art
- Red Felt Heart Bookmark | My Kid Craft
- Felt Heart Bookmarks with Embroidery | Simple Serendipities *
- Felt Heart Ornament Keyring Craft | Red Ted Art *
- Stitched Felt Heart Craft | Moms and Crafters
- 4 Valentine Felt Heart Sewing Crafts | Kitchen Counter Chronicles *
- Heart Pencil Toppers | Moo Molly Crafts for Kids Activities Blog
- DIY Felt Heart Necklaces | Marino Bambinos *
- Sew Heart Ornaments | Kids Sewing Projects
- DIY Felt Heart Mobile | Sew Yeah for Red Ted Art *
- DIY Felt Heart Broach | Sew Kidding for Red Ted Art
- Cross Stitch Hearts for Kids | Sewing School
- Sewn Heart Hoops | Lauren Makes
- Felt Heart Valentine Envelopes | Stitched by Chrystal for Tauni Everett *
- Cardboard Lacing Hearts | Kid Things
- Valentine Love Bugs | Colored Buttons
Related: How to Sew a Button Apple Tree
These easy heart sewing projects for beginners are great for teaching kids how to hand sew. Any of these homemade craft ideas would make a great gift idea for Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day.
If you liked these easy heart sewing projects for beginners, you may also like:
- Valentine Heart Love Bug Craft for Kids
- Teach Kids to Sew Using Burlap and Yarn
- Teach kids to Sew a Line By Hand
- Keepsake Gifts Kids Can Make
The One Essential Tool You Need To Get Organized For Good!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to get organized, connect with your kids, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!