A DIY glass paint heart votive candle holder makes a unique centerpiece and gift idea. A handmade candle holder with a heart is an easy craft that makes a lovely gift idea for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and anniversaries. Creating gorgeous stained glass hearts on votives and candle holders is easy. You can even personalize them!
Related: Quadruple Heart Candle Holders
Related: Keepsake Gifts for Him or Her
DIY Heart Candle Holder Materials
- 3-inch square Votives
- Glass Paint or Paint Markers
- Glass paint outline tube (black) (optional)
- Paint brushes (Needed for using glass paint)
- Free heart template
Related: Unique Handmade Gifts Kids Can Make
How to Make a Heart Votive Candle Holder
- Print out the heart template. It is too large so you will need to print it out at 75% of its original size. Click print, then change it from 100% to 75% in the “scale” field. You can also use the black glass paint outline tube or black paint marker to draw your own heart or any other design if you prefer.
- Cut heart template out and tape it to the inside of the square votive to hold it in place.
- Use a black glass paint outline tube or black paint marker to trace your design onto the candle holder. You can also try painting a heart on each side! Click on the link to see examples of our quadruple heart candle holders.
- Allow black outline to dry for at least 24 hours.
- Use glass paint or paint markers to color the heart. Painting with glass paint is a bit different than other paints. You want to load your brush and dab as much as you can into the black outline of the heart. The more paint the better. If you brush it on you might not be able to see it once it dries.
- For best results allow the heart to dry for a minimum of 24 hours.
- Once dry you can personalize them. Click the link to find out how!
Related: Faux Stained Glass Candle Holders
That’s it… easy peasy! Anyone that can draw or trace can do this super simple art project. Personalize them for an extra special touch. You may also like our Mother’s Day and Father’s Day candle holder gift ideas. Click on the links to see them all.
A handmade DIY glass paint heart votive candle holder would make a perfect centerpiece or gift idea for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s day, Father’s Day and anniversaries. You may also like to try some of these keepsake crafts and gift ideas with the kids.
The One Essential Tool You Need To Get Organized For Good!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to get organized, connect with your kids, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!