This upcycled tissue paper heart frame is an easy craft for both kids and adults. My daughter and I made this for my husband for Valentine’s day. It also makes a wonderful gift for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Christmas, weddings, anniversaries, birthday’s, or any other special occasion.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Thank you for choosing to support this blog!
Upcycled Tissue Paper Heart Frame
I love finding ways to re-use tissue paper that comes in gift bags and gift boxes. This upcycled tissue paper heart frame is an easy and fun way to re-purpose the tissue paper that you have stashed with your gift wrapping supplies.
Upcycled Tissue Paper Heart Frame Supplies
- At least 2 colors of tissue paper upcycled from your supply stash.
- Raw wood heart frame (we found ours at Michael’s). You can also use this square frame.
- Mod Podge with Foam Brushes
Upcycled Tissue Paper Heart Frame Directions
1. Cut tissue paper into small pieces. (Kids can help with this.)
2. Use foam brush to paint Mod Podge onto a raw wood frame. Do not allow to dry.
3. Stick tissue paper pieces to the Mod Podge on the frame.
4. Continue to layer Mod Podge and tissue paper. Allow to dry in between layers if desired. If you continue to work while it is wet be careful not to damage the tissue paper. Leave enough tissue paper overhanging on all sides of the frame to be able to wrap around the edges once the top is done and dry.
5. Paint the sides of the frame (including the sides of the heart) with Mod Podge and wrap the tissue paper around it to stick it to the sides. Next paint Mod Podge on top and allow to dry. Trim the edges once it is dry. (Alternatively, you can use acrylic paint in a similar or contrasting color to paint the sides.)
6. Give the top one last coat of Mod Podge and allow to dry.
This upcycled tissue paper heart frame is an easy craft for both kids and adults. It makes a perfect gift for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Christmas, weddings, anniversaries, birthday’s, or any other special occasion.
This post is a part of the Green Living Bloggers Upcycled Valentine’s Blog Hop. Check out the other amazing upcycled Valentine Ideas from the bloggers below.
- Upcycled Heart Valentine Cards | Kitchen Counter Chronicles
- Valentine’s Day Nature Art | Rain or Shine Mama
- Upcycled Craft Idea: Valentine Tin Lantern | Bren Did
- DIY Tic-Tac-Toe Valentine | Outdoors Mom
- Upcycled Button Wreath for Valentine’s Day | The Crunchy Chronicles
You may also like:
- Top 10 Valentine Keepsake Gifts
- DIY Keepsake Gifts for Him or Her
- Heart Love Bugs Craft
- Valentine Watercolor Resist Word Hunt
- Slow Falling Hearts Sensory Bottle
- Valentine Almond Heart Cookies
- Most Popular Posts of 2015
- Top 10 Crafts of 2015
- YUM! Deliciously Healthy Recipes for Kids
- Green Crafty and Creative
For more ideas follow my board on Pinterest.
Subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss anything!
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!
Nell has over 20 years of experience working with children and is the founder of Rhythms of Play. She believes in the power of the imagination, learning through play, making this world a greener place to live, and getting outside in all seasons! Learn more…