Make your own backyard, garden, and patio furniture out of salvaged pallets for an upcycled backyard made out of recycled materials. This collection of DIY Outdoor Pallet Projects makes it easy!
I am absolutely amazed by the many things you can do with salvaged pallets. Quite a few creative people have figured out some pretty amazing ways to repurpose them.
Today I’m sharing share some of my favorite DIY Outdoor Pallet Projects. Together they would make an awesome upcycled backyard!
DIY Outdoor Pallet Projects with Step by Step Tutorials
These 15 DIY outdoor pallet projects are amazing. You can make so many cool things for the backyard, patio, and garden with salvaged pallets.
The difficult part about all of the amazing pallet tutorials out there is that they are hard to find. Many creations that you see don’t link back to a tutorial, or the blog that created it.
I have done my best to find projects from the source complete with step by step directions. Click on the creator of each project to see the complete directions with step by step tutorial.
Related: DIY Outdoor Chalkboard
How do you know when a pallet is safe to use?
Some salvaged pallets have been treated with chemicals you don’t want to handle or use as furniture. For tips that will help you find useable pallets hop over to read THIS article by DIY Projects.
15 DIY Backyard Pallet Projects
- DIY Pallet Swing Bed | The Merry Thought
- Pallet Playhouse | Instructables
- A Cool Pallet Wood Chair Anyone Can Make | Funky Junk Interiors
- Wood Deck Cooler | Fox Hollow Cottage
- DIY Pallet Clock | All Things Heart & Home
- Rustic Pallet Table | The 36th Avenue by Inspire Me Heather
- Pallet Project: Patio Day Bed | Lovely Greens
- DIY Outdoor Lounge | Sassy Sparrow
- Pallet Wood Porch | Redo Redux (You may also want to check out How to Build a Wood Pallet Deck by Hoosier Homemade if you need directions for how to build one from the ground up.)
- DIY Pallet Bar | Imgur
- Pallet Bench | Chadifornia for Instructables
- Freestanding Pallet Herb Garden | DIY Show Off
- DIY Pallet Wood Raised Garden Beds | Pennies into Pearls or try this easy pallet garden bed DIY by Busy Creating Memories
- Cute DIY Pallet Potting Bench by Ana White or, try this potting bench made with pallets by Anna White for Ryobi Tools
- Pallet Compost Bin | Nemcsok Farms – This compost bin made of pallets is like the DIY pallet compost bin we made!
Related: How to Make a Fairy Garden
Backyard Pallet DIY Projects
How awesome would this DIY outdoor backyard pallet furniture look on your deck or patio?
The pallet compost bin may not be pretty, but it sure is useful. We have one of these in our backyard with two bays. For information about how and what to compost click on the link.
Many of these outdoor pallet projects are fantastic for families on a tight budget. Pallets are free! Building furniture and garden structures like raised beds can save you a lot of money.
As you can see, there are so many amazing projects you can make for your backyard using salvaged pallets. We hope you have fun upcycling pallets to make amazing things for your backyard!
Don’t forget to check out DIY Projects for Do it Yourself Families!
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
If You Liked DIY Backyard Pallet Projects, You May Also Like
- DIY Outdoor Blackboard
- Planting Sunflowers with Kids
- Sand and Water Tables Kids LOVE!
- Backyard Sandboxes
- DIY Outdoor Art Table and Mud Kitchen
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!
Nell has over 20 years of experience working with children and is the founder of Rhythms of Play. She believes in the wonder of childhood, the power of the imagination, learning through play, and getting outside in all seasons! Learn more…