Hearts falling in LOVE! A DIY slow falling hearts sensory bottle is a calm down bottle or a simple gift to say I love you. It also makes a great discovery bottle for toddlers and kids of all ages to engage in safe no mess sensory play. Simple tips to turn this sensory bottle into a Valentine’s Day gift are included below.
To learn more about sensory bottles check out Calm Down Sensory Bottles 101.
Related: Thumbprint Heart Glass Magnets
A Sensory Bottle that is “Falling in Love”
The gentle falling hearts in this calming sensory bottle makes a wonderful gift for Valentine’s day or just to say “I love you” any time of the year. The hearts are:
Falling in Love
Related: Thumbprint Heart Magnets
Hearts Falling in Love Sensory Bottle Supplies
- Voss Water Bottle (Any bottle from the recycle bin will work)
- Goo Gone
- Translucent RED and/or PINK Acrylic Hearts
- Liquid Hand Soap
- Super Glue
How to Make a Slow Falling Hearts Sensory Bottle
- Grab a bottle out of the recycle bin with a large enough opening for the hearts.
- Peel off sticker. Use Goo Gone to remove sticky residue.
- Pour 1/2 cup of tap water into the bottle.
- Count out 12 – 16 red acrylic hearts and drop into the bottle. (we used 16)
- Fill the bottle up the rest of the way with clear liquid hand soap. You want to fill it all the way to the top so there is no air in it. Different hand soaps have different viscosity levels so you may need a bit more or less water. When in doubt, wait to see how your bottle moves before you top it off with more hand soap or more water.
- Place the lid on the bottle and shake it up. It will be a bit murky until the contents mix and settle. Soap and water make bubbles 🙂 Afterwards, it will stay clear unless you give it a really good shake, then you may have to wait for it to settle again.
Related: Rainstick Musical Sensory Bottle
Falling Hearts Sensory Bottle Tips
Play with this slow falling hearts sensory bottle for a day or two to make sure you like the way it moves. If you want the hearts to fall faster, add a bit more water. If you want the hearts to fall slower add in some more clear liquid hand soap.
Once you are happy with your falling heart sensory bottle glue on the lid with super glue and hand it over to your kids or loved one. Unless you’re keeping it for yourself of course. 😉
Related: Love Bugs Craft
Related: Heart Art Salt Painting Project
How to Turn “Hearts Falling in Love” Sensory Bottle into a Valentine’s Day Gift
Slow falling hearts sensory bottles would make great Valentines to give to friends, family, classmates, or co-workers. They also make a simple Valentine’s Day gift for couples. To turn this sensory bottle into a Valentine’s Day gift or gift to say “I love you” any time of the year, try any one of the easy ideas below.
- Place one of THESE stickers on it.
- Use THESE stickers with a permanent marker to write any of the following ideas:
- “I’m Falling for you Valentine”
- “Falling in LOVE with YOU”
- Any other message you can think of!
Make a fingerprint love bug card to complete the gift. Click on the link to see all of the fun card message ideas you can use!
Not giving it away as a gift? Discovery bottles like this slow falling hearts sensory bottle can be used for no mess sensory play, as a calm down jar, or a meditation technique for children.
Related: Keepsake Gifts for Him or Her
Falling in LOVE Calming Sensory Bottle
To learn more about sensory bottles, their uses, how to make them, and troubleshooting tips check out Calm Down Sensory Bottles 101.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
If You Liked Hearts Falling in LOVE, You may also like:
- Love Bugs Valentine’s Day Craft
- Nature Inspired Sensory Bottle Crafts
- Hanging Hearts Suncatcher Prism Craft
- Kids Yoga: Tips for Getting Started
- Watercolor Surprise Heart Art
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to create a life you LOVE!