Heart shaped art projects are fun to make for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, and Father’s Day. We have also included some easy heart painting ideas and heart crafts that make great gift ideas! Make some heart art for someone you love today!
Do you like making heart-shaped art? If you answered yes, you will LOVE the heart arts and crafts we have collected to share with you.
Scroll down to see all of the heart painting ideas and heart craft projects we have found.
Related: Easy Flower Art Projects Kids LOVE!
Heart art is fun to create for Valentine’s Day or just to say I love you any time of year.
We found so many amazing heart art projects we had to break them down into separate types of heart art categories. Click on the creator of each art project idea for the complete step by step directions.
We had to place some of these heart arts and crafts into more than one category to make it easy to find the type of heart project that you are looking for.
Of course, we will continue to add amazing art projects and heart painting ideas as we find them, so be sure to bookmark this page so you can check back to see the new heart projects we have found!
Heart Shaped Watercolor Art Ideas
- Color Mixing Heart Art
- Bleeding Hearts Art Project for Kids | Meri Chery
- Kandinsky Inspired Heart Art | Arty Crafty Kids
- Sunburst Heart Heart | Art Bar
- Flying Heart Ballon Painting | Art Projects for Kids Blog
- Watercolor Valentine Hearts | Art Bar
- Warm and Cool Mosaic Heart Art | A Faithful Attempt
- Newspaper Heart Art Postcards | Art Bar
- Fizzing Heart Art | The Pinterested Parent
- Raised Salt Paint and Watercolor Heart (pictured below)
Related: Rainbow Shamrock Salt Painting
Heart Shaped Watercolor Resist Painting (Crayon Wax, Pastel or Glue as the Resist Medium)
- Watercolor and Glue Resist Muli-Colored Heart Painting | Arty Crafty Kids
- Wax Resist Heart Art | Happy Hooligans for CBC Parents
- Valentine Watercolor Resist Heart Art | Creative Family Fun
- Faux Stained Glass Heart Art (black glue resist) | Artful Parent
- Watercolor Surprise Heart Art (pictured below)
Related: Watercolor Resist STEAM Experiment
Tempera Heart Painting Art Projects
- Heart Art Symmetry Painting | Artful Parent
- Painted Heart Art for Valentine’s Day | Bless This Mess
- Heart Spin Painting (the creator of this art project used acrylic paint, which is fine, but we recommend using tempera paint instead so you don’t ruin your salad spinner. Tempera paint is water-based and washable, acrylic is not.) | Projects with Kids Blog
- Valentine Shaving Cream Marbled Heart Art | Hello Wonderful
Crayon, Colored Pencil, Chalk and Pastel Heart Art Ideas
- Radiating Hearts | Art Projects for Kids Blog
- Jim Dine Heart | Art Projects for Kids Blog
- I Give You My Heart Pastel Art | Kinder Art
- Smeared Pastel Heart Art | 2 Soul Sisters
- Heart Chalk Stencil Art for Kids | Buggy and Buddy
Heart Art Projects with Marker Pens
- Valentine Heart Art with Sharpies and Foil | Happy Hooligans
- Sharpie and Alcohol Heart Art | Happy Hooligans
- OP Art Hearts | Expressive Monkey
- Heart Print Art | Fun-A-Day
Heart-Shaped Print Making or Stamping Art
- Heart Printing Abstract Art | Nurturestore
- Cardboard Roll Heart Stamp Art | Tinkerlab
- Pipe Cleaner Stamped Hearts | Hands On As We Grow
Fingerprint or Thumbprint Heart Art Ideas
- Fingerprint Love Bug with Thumbprint Heart (pictured above)
- Thumbprint Heart Art and Craft Ideas
- Fingerprint Heart Relief Art | Mum in the Madhouse
- Heart Made from Fingerprint Art | Busy Kids Happy Mom
- Fingerprint Heart Art | Messy Little Monster for Red Ted Art
- Thumbprint Heart Art Glass Magnets (pictured below)
Heart Handprint Art
- Handprint Art Heart Valentine | Burlap and Blue
- I Give You My Heart Handprint Art | Kinder Art
- Daddy Mommy and Me Handprint Art | DIY Fun Ideas
- Valentine Handprint Heart Art | Dali Mama Blog
String Heart Art Ideas
- Heart String Art Tutorial for Beginners | Feels Like Home
- String Heart Art with Yarn | Repeat Crafter Me
- Heart String Art Project | EzeBreezy Life Simplified
- Ombre Design String Heart Art | Julie Comstock
- Make Heart String Art |Hello Wonderful
Heart Relief Art Project Ideas
- Soap Bubble Heart Relief Art Idea | Johnathan Fong eHow
- Fingerprint Heart Relief Art | Mum in the Madhouse
- Cotton Ball Relief Heart Painting | Sunshine Whisperers
- Pencil Eraser Heart Relief Art on Canvas Bag | Clumsy Crafter
Heart Tree Art
More Heart Arts and Crafts
- Salt Dough Handprint and Footprint Heart Craft
- Glass Paint Heart Candle Holder
- Quadruple Heart Candle Holder
- Personalized Heart Candle Holder
- Heart with Celtic Knot Woodburning Tutorial with FREE Heart Template (older kids and adults only!)
- Hanging Heart Suncatcher Prism Crafts
- DIY Heart Mason Jar Lantern
- Love Bug Craft
- Thumbprint Heart Magnets
- Fingerprint and Thumbprint Heart Keychain Charms
- Easy Thumbprint Heart Necklaces
- Thumbprint Heart Crafts and Gift Ideas (photo below)
Heart Shaped Valentine Crafts and Keepsake Gifts
You may also enjoy this collection of Valentine Crafts and Keepsake Gifts Kids Can Make. Just click on the link to see them all!
Gorgeous Heart Shaped Art and Crafts for Kids (and Adults too!)
We hope you enjoyed these heart arts and crafts for kids and adults. You can find heart art projects, heart painting projects, and even heart crafts in this fun collection of project ideas!
For more heart fun go on a heart shape nature scavenger hunt! We have even made a video of all the heart shapes that we have found in nature that you can watch.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
If You Liked Heart Art, You May Also Like
- Spring Bucket List Seasonal Activity Guide
- Best Valentine Gifts for Him or for Her
- Easy Flower Art Projects Kids LOVE!
- Best Fingerprint Art Ideas for Kids
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!
Nell has over 20 years of experience working with children and is the founder of Rhythms of Play. She believes in the power of the imagination, learning through play, making this world a greener place to live, and getting outside in all seasons! Learn more…