Heart-shaped art projects are fun to make for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, and Father’s Day.
Do you like making, or painting, heart-shaped art? If you answered yes, you will LOVE the heart arts and crafts we have on this list of heart art projects to share with you. We have also included some easy heart painting ideas and heart crafts that make great gift ideas for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, an anniversary, or just for fun. Make some heart art for someone you love today! You might also enjoy this list of flower art projects and painting ideas for kids and adults of all ages.
Related: Easy Flower Art Projects Kids LOVE!
Heart art is fun to make for Valentine’s Day, or just to say I love you at any time of year. We found so many gorgeous heart art projects and painting ideas we had to break them down into separate types of heart art categories. Click on the creator of each heart painting idea for the complete step-by-step directions.
We had to place some of these heart arts and crafts into more than one category to make it easy to find the type of heart project that you are looking for. And, of course, we will continue to add amazing art projects and heart painting ideas as we find them–be sure to bookmark this page and check back to see the new heart projects we have found!
Heart-Shaped Watercolor Art Projects and Painting Ideas
Here’s a list of watercolor heart art projects children and adults of all ages are sure to love. Try any of the watercolor heart painting ideas below at home or in the classroom.
- Color Mixing Surprise Heart Art | Rhythms of Play
- Bleeding Hearts Art Project for Kids | Meri Chery
- Kandinsky Inspired Heart Art | Arty Crafty Kids
- Sunburst Heart Heart | Art Bar
- Flying Heart Balloon Painting | Art Projects for Kids Blog
- Watercolor Valentine Hearts | Art Bar
- Warm and Cool Mosaic Heart Art | A Faithful Attempt
- Newspaper Heart Art Postcards | Art Bar
- Fizzing Heart Art | The Pinterested Parent
- Raised Salt Paint and Watercolor Heart | Rhythms of Play (pictured below)
Related: Rainbow Shamrock Salt Painting
Heart-Shaped Watercolor Resist Painting Ideas (Crayon Wax, Oil Pastel or Glue as the Resist Medium)
Use watercolor paints, and watercolor resist medium, to create any of these easy heart art projects. Watercolor resist heart art painting ideas add an element of surprise to your heart-shaped art projects.
- Watercolor and Glue Resist Muli-Colored Heart Painting | Arty Crafty Kids
- Wax Resist Heart Art | Happy Hooligans for CBC Parents
- Valentine Watercolor Resist Heart Art | Creative Family Fun
- Faux Stained Glass Heart Art (black glue resist) | Artful Parent
- Watercolor Surprise Heart Art | Rhythms of Play (pictured below)
Related: Watercolor Resist STEAM Experiment
Tempera Paint Heart Art Projects
Get out the tempera paints and invite children from toddlers and preschoolers to teens to paint hearts with any of these fun heart painting ideas for kids and adults.
- Heart Art Symmetry Painting | Artful Parent
- Painted Heart Art for Valentine’s Day | Bless This Mess
- Heart Spin Painting (the creator of this art project used acrylic paint, which is fine, but we recommend using tempera paint instead so you don’t ruin your salad spinner. Tempera paint is water-based and washable while acrylic is not.) | Projects with Kids Blog
- Valentine Shaving Cream Marbled Heart Art | Hello Wonderful
Crayon, Colored Pencil, Chalk and Pastel Heart Art Ideas
- Radiating Hearts | Art Projects for Kids Blog
- I Give You My Heart Pastel Art | Kinder Art
- Smeared Pastel Heart Art | 2 Soul Sisters
- Heart Chalk Stencil Art for Kids | Buggy and Buddy
Heart Art Projects with Marker Pens
- Valentine Heart Art with Sharpies and Foil | Happy Hooligans
- Draw Two Hands and One Heart | Art Projects for Kids Blog
- Sharpie and Alcohol Heart Art | Happy Hooligans
- OP Art Hearts | Expressive Monkey
- Heart Print Art | Fun-A-Day
Heart-Shaped Print-Making or Stamping Art
Creating hearts and heart-shaped prints with toilet paper rolls, pipe cleaners, etc., is fun for kids and adults of all ages. Make heart prints with any of the heart-shaped print-making and stamping art ideas below. Fingerprint and thumbprint heart art stamps and prints are included in the next section.
- Heart Printing Abstract Art | Nurturestore
- Cardboard Toilet Paper Roll Heart Stamp Art | Tinkerlab
- Pipe Cleaner Stamped Hearts | Hands On As We Grow
Fingerprint or Thumbprint Heart Art Ideas
Encourage children and adults of all ages to create heart-shaped prints with their fingers and thumbs with any of these creative heart stamping ideas. “Thumb-buggy” loves you Valentine’s Day cards are always a hit with family and friends. Get the tutorial HERE–> Fingerprint Lovebug Cards. Or, try any of the other ideas below.
- Thumbprint Heart Art and Craft Ideas | Rhythms of Play
- Fingerprint Heart Relief Art | Mum in the Madhouse
- Heart Made from Fingerprint Art | Busy Kids Happy Mom
- Fingerprint Heart Art | Messy Little Monster for Red Ted Art
- Thumbprint Heart Art Glass Magnets | Rhythms of Play (pictured below)
Heart Handprint Art
Make heart art with handprints with this list of ideas. Heart handprint art is always a hit with parents and grandparents and makes a great gift idea for Valentine’s Day.
- Handprint Art Heart Valentine | Burlap and Blue
- I Give You My Heart Handprint Art | Kinder Art
- Daddy Mommy and Me Handprint Art | DIY Fun Ideas
- Valentine Handprint Heart Art | Dali Mama Blog
- Saltdough Handprint Art with Footprint | Rhythms of Play
String Heart Art Ideas
String heart art projects are fun for children and adults to make for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, or just for fun! Try any of the heart-shaped string art ideas below.
- Heart String Art Tutorial for Beginners | Feels Like Home
- String Heart Art with Yarn | Repeat Crafter Me
- Heart String Art Project | EzeBreezy Life Simplified
- Ombre Design String Heart Art | Julie Comstock
- Make Heart String Art |Hello Wonderful
Heart Relief Art Project Ideas
Create heart relief art with any of these fun art projects and painting ideas:
- Soap Bubble Heart Relief Art Idea | Johnathan Fong eHow
- Fingerprint Relief Heart Art Canvas | Mum in the Madhouse
- Cotton Ball Relief Heart Painting Ideas | Sunshine Whisperers
- Pencil Eraser Heart Relief Art on Canvas Bag | Clumsy Crafter
Heart Tree Art
Heart trees are tree art projects and painting ideas with hearts on the branches instead of or in addition to leaves. Give either of these heart tree art projects a try!
- Valentine’s Day Heart Fingerprint Tree | Easy Peasy and Fun
- Glass Paint Heart Tree | Rhythms of Play (pictured below)
More Heart Arts and Crafts
We have a lot more heart arts and crafts you can try on Rhythms of Play. Give any of these great homemade heart arts, crafts, and gift ideas a go:
- Salt Dough Handprint and Footprint Heart Craft
- Glass Paint Heart Candle Holder
- Quadruple Heart Candle Holder
- Personalized Heart Candle Holder
- Heart with Celtic Knot Woodburning Tutorial with FREE Heart Template (older kids and adults only!)
- Hanging Heart Suncatcher Prism Crafts
- DIY Heart Mason Jar Lantern
- Love Bug Craft
- Thumbprint Heart Magnets
- Fingerprint and Thumbprint Heart Keychain Charms
- Easy Thumbprint Heart Necklaces
- Thumbprint Heart Crafts and Gift Ideas (photo below)
Heart-Shaped Valentine Crafts and Keepsake Gifts
You may also enjoy this collection of Valentine Crafts and Keepsake Gifts Kids Can Make. Just click on the link to see them all!
Gorgeous Heart Shaped Art and Crafts for Kids (and Adults too!)
We hope you enjoyed these heart arts and crafts for kids and adults. You can find heart art projects, heart painting projects, and even heart crafts in this fun collection of project ideas!
For more heart fun go on a heart shape nature scavenger hunt! We have even made a video of all the heart shapes that we have found in nature that you can watch.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!