Here’s a collection of thumb-buggy fingerprint love bug card ideas perfect for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and several other occasions!
Here’s a list of fingerprint love bug cards that kids from toddlers to preschoolers, teens, and adults can make for someone special or hand out to the whole classroom. Using thumbprint hearts and fingerprint art to make fingerprint love bugs is not just for kids, make some love bug art for someone special with this easy love bug craft idea!
We have provided lots of “Thumb-Buggy” fingerprint love bug card messages that you can use on your homemade fingerprint art cards for different holidays and events. Scroll down to see all of the fun message ideas for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, miss you cards, and thank you cards!
Related: Fingerprint Glass Magnets Craft
Related: Fingerprint Art Ideas for Kids
How to Make Thumb-Buggy Fingerprint Love Bug Craft
Invite toddlers, preschoolers, and kids and adults of all ages to use their fingers and thumbs to make any of these homemade fingerprint love bug crafts. Thumbprint heart love bug cards are fun to make for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and more!
Simply follow the step-by-step directions to make fingerprint love bug art on a blank greeting card, and then add the “Thumb-buggy” message that you like!
If you don’t feel comfortable giving someone a card that reads, “Thumb-Buggy loves you,” write “Thumb-Buggy thinks you’re sweet” instead! Or, try any of the other love bug card message ideas below!!
Scroll down to find the materials list, instructions, and all of the “Thumb-Buggy” love bug art and card message ideas that you can use to make handmade fingerprint art cards for all sorts of different occasions.
Related: Pom-Pom Love Bug Craft
Related: Fingerprint Snowman Cards
Fingerprint Love Bug Art Supplies
- Blank greeting cards
- Tempera paint
- Extra fine tip paint pens (black) or permanent markers
- Googly eyes
- White glue
Homemade Fingerprint Love Bug Card Step by Step Directions
Related: Best Heart Art Projects
Step 1 – Gather art supplies and mix red and white tempera paint to make pink
- Mix red with white tempera paint to create at least one shade of pink. Make a lighter and darker shade for even more fun! Add more white than red to make a lighter shade pink–and a little more red, or a little less white–to make a darker shade of pink.
- Another option is to buy tempera paint with several colors (including shades of pink) pre-mixed.
Step 2 – Make a thumbprint heart on the front of a blank greeting card
- Start your love bug craft by making a thumbprint heart to create the head of the fingerprint love bug.
- First, use your thumb to make a thumbprint heart on the left or right side of the front of a blank greeting card.
Invite children that have not, or, are still learning to read and write, to create love bug art on their lovebug cards from left to right in order to prepare them for reading and writing. Scroll down to learn how to make a thumbprint heart to start your thumb-buggy.
In Montessori education, children complete all actions from left to right to create the habit of going from left to right in order to make learning to read and write a little easier. This is why all Montessori learning activities for young children are completed from left to right.
How to Make a Thumbprint Heart
- Press thumb into tempera paint.
- Gently press thumb with paint onto the paper.
- Press thumb into tempera paint to reapply paint if needed.
- Tilt thumb slightly and press down again to make thumbprint heart art.
Related: Thumbprint Heart Glass Magnets
Step 3 – Use fingertips to dot a love bug following behind the thumbprint heart head
Next, dip your fingers into the red and pink tempera paint to make the fingerprint love bug card. Follow the steps below:
- Use a different fingertip for each tempura paint color.
- Feel free to alternate red with pink to create your fingerprint love bugs, or make them all the same color. Just be careful not to mix up your fingers as you dot your love bug cards–but mixing and blending the colors can be fun too!
- Allow thumbprint heart love bug arts and crafts to dry completely before moving on to the next step.
Step 4 – Decorate Love Bug Fingerprint Cards
- First, attach googly eyes with white glue, or use self-adhesive googly eyes.
- Next, use fine tip paint pens to decorate your love bug fingerprint art.
- Draw a smiling face and cute little feet on your love bugs to bring them to life.
- Children love to make love bug art!
Step 5 – Write Thumb-Buggy card message on each love bug card
Thumb-Buggy fingerprint cards are perfect for Valentine’s day and several other occasions. Check out all of the fingerprint card messages and phrases we have come up with below the fingerprint love bug video tutorial.
Fingerprint Love Bug Craft Step by Step Video Tutorial
Personalize Homemade Love Bug Card with Fingerprint Love Bug Card Message Ideas
There are so many fun ways to make a love bug card and a lot of card message ideas that you can choose from, depending on the occasion.
We have come up with lots of fun messages, sayings, and phrases to write on your love bug art fingerprint cards for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and anniversaries. Feel free to write any of our original “Thumb-Buggy” card message ideas and phrases that we have listed below on your cards.
Note: These love bug message ideas are protected under Copyright Laws and are for personal use only.
Please do not use our ideas to sell or publish. We’ve seen too many people and companies steal our original ideas over the years without proper attribution or compensation.
Thumb-Buggy Loves You Fingerprint Love Bug Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or anniversary Card Craft
We have put a fun spin on the phrase Thumb-Body loves you… Write Thumb-Buggy loves you instead!
Valentine’s Day Fingerprint Love Bug Friendship Card Ideas
Is there someone that you would like to be your friend? Give them a Thumb-Buggy wants to be friends Valentine’s day card!
This is a great homemade love bug Valentine’s day card idea for kids to make and give to classmates and friends. Try any of the card message ideas below.
- Thumb-Buggy wants to be friends!
- Thumb-Buggy wants to be your friend!
- Thumb-Buggy wants a new friend.
- Thumb-Buggy wants to make friends.
Thumb-Buggy Thinks You’re Sweet (Special, Nice, Fun, Friendly, The BEST!, etc.)
There is a whole slew of ways to write this one to make anyone feel special on Valentine’s day. Like Thumb-Buggy friendship cards, some of these ideas are also perfect for children to give to their friends or hand out at school.
- Thumb-Buggy thinks you’re sweet!
- Thumb-Buggy thinks you’re kinda cute!
- Thumb-Buggy thinks you’re something special!
- Thumb-Buggy thinks you’re nice!
- Thumb-Buggy thinks you’re fun to be around!
- Thumb-Buggy thinks you’re friendly!
- Thumb-Buggy thinks you’re the BEST!
Thumb-Buggy Wants a KISS! Valentine’s Day Card Idea
Are you looking for a kiss from your sweetheart? Try any of the “Thumb-Buggy wants a kiss love bug card message variations below.
- Thumb-Buggy wants a kiss!
- Thumb-Buggy wants to steal a kiss!
- Thumb-Buggy wants you to give him/her a kiss!
Related: Best Valentine’s Day Art Projects
Love Bug Miss You Card Idea: Thumb-Buggy Misses You!
If you want to send a miss you card to someone you love, try writing any of the miss you love bug card message ideas below.
- Thumb-Buggy misses you!
- Thumb-Buggy is missing you.
- Thumb-buggy can’t wait to see you!
- Thumb-Buggy is dreaming of the day we meet!
Related: DIY Thumbprint Heart Necklaces
Mother’s Day Fingerprint Card Ideas
There are lots of personalized ideas I’m sure you can come up with for mom. We have a few fingerprint Mother’s day card message ideas to share with you.
- Thumb-Buggy wants to wish you a happy Mother’s day!
- Thumb-Buggy loves his or her mommy!
Fingerprint Love Bug “Thank You” Card Idea
You can also use fingerprint love bug cards as thank you cards. Simply write any of the lovebug thank you card message ideas below
- Thumb-Buggy wants to thank you!
- Thumb-Buggy wants to say thank you.
- Thumb-Buggy is thankful.
- Thumb-Buggy is full of thanks.
- Thumb-Buggy is thankful for you.
- Thumb-Buggy is grateful for…
Related: Homemade Gifts Kids Can Make
“I’m Sorry” Fingerprint Love Bug Card Ideas
If you need to apologize to someone, a love bug card can help! Write any of the “I’m sorry” love bug message ideas below on your card to turn it into an “I’m sorry” card.
- Thumb-Buggy wants to say he/she is sorry.
- Thumb-Buggy is very sorry!”
- Thumb-Buggy wants to apologize.
- Thumb-Buggy needs to say I’m sorry.
Related: Personalized Photo Keychain Charms
Fingerprint Love Bug Anniversary Card
Lovebug cards are perfect for a wedding or an anniversary. Write “Thumb-Buggy wants to wish you a Happy Anniversary!” on your card to make your partner or spouse fall in love all over again!
There are lots of other ways to write an anniversary message on your cards. Get creative and personalize it in whatever way works for you!
Related: Gifts for Him or for Her
Thumbprint Heart Love Bug Cards
Make love bug cards for Valentine’s day or use any of the love bug card message ideas that we have provided above to create the best homemade love bug cards for different occasions and events all year!
I think you can see from all of the amazing love bug card message ideas that we have provided, how many amazing ways you can use love bug cards to make someone’s day.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
More Love Bug Arts and Crafts
- 2 Easy Ways to Make Pom-Pom Love Bug Sticker Crafts
- Heart Love Bugs
- Best Love Bug Craft Ideas for Kids