DIY Autumn Leaves are made out of polyform clay. Marbled clay fall leaves make gorgeous DIY home decor that can be used as ornaments on bare branches, or made into fall leaf crafts, wreaths, and garlands. They also make a fun gift tag for a fall birthday!
DIY Marbled Clay Fall Leaves
My daughter and I made marbled clay handprint jewelry dishes to give to friends and family as gifts. We had so much fun marbling polyform clay, we decided to make marbled clay fall leaves using the same process. We are so glad we did!
DIY Autumn Leaves Fall Leaf Craft Materials
- Polyform clay assorted Colors
- Rolling pin or Polyform Sculpey acrylic clay roller
- Glass cutting mat; other options can be found HERE and HERE
- Leaf cookie cutters; try THESE or THESE
- Oven bake clay bond and glaze pack (optional)
Related: Windy Fall Leaves Sensory Bottle
How to Make Marbled Clay Fall Leaves: Step by Step Directions
Select 2-4 colors of polyform clay and roll them into snakes. Making differently sized snakes (thin vs thick) is one way to vary the effect.
- Roll the twisted marbled clay into a ball and use a rolling pin to flatten. Want more swirls? Roll into a snake again, fold it in half, twist it up tight, roll it back into a ball, and use a rolling pin to flatten.
- Use leaf cookie cutters to make fall leaves. We used a precision glass cutting mat for rolling out and cutting our autumn leaves. Polyform clay can stain so this glass mat will protect your work surface from both stains and cuts. If you don’t have leaf cookie cutters, you can trace real autumn leaves with an Exacto knife as an alternative.
- If you would like to make your fall leaves into gratitude leaves for your thankful tree, wreath or garland click on the link!
- Reuse the scraps to make more leaves adding more clay as needed.
- Place marbled clay fall leaves on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake the fall leaves according to the clay manufacturer’s directions. We cooked ours for 15-20 minutes @275 degrees.
- Allow clay fall leaves to cool completely.
- Use glaze to seal and protect if desired. (optional)
Related: The Best Fall Art Projects for Kids
DIY Autumn Leaves Fall Leaf Craft made with Marbled Polyform Clay: Step by Step Photo Tutorial
Marbled Clay Autumn Leaves Fall Leaf Craft for Kids, Teens, and Adults!
Creating fall leaves is a great way to spend some time connecting with the kids. If your kids like to bake cookies, they will love making marbled clay autumn leaves!
Speaking of cookies, these cake mix sugar cookies are a hit at our house. Don’t forget to have a look at our fall bucket list for the best autumn EVER!
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE.
You may also like:
- How to Make a Thankful Tree with Fall Leaves
- Turkey Leaf Lanterns Thanksgiving Craft
- 10 Ways to have fun Outside with Fall Leaves
- Fall Leaf Lacing Beginning Sewing Project for Kids
- Nature Crafts and Nature Activities That Use Natural Materials
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!