The fall is one of the best times of year to make nature crafts. There are always amazing treasures like leaves, pinecones, acorns, and walnuts, for the kids to make into autumn nature crafts. This amazing collection of fall nature crafts is for preschoolers, kindergarteners, and kids of all ages!
Related: The Best Fall Art Projects for Kids
The Best Autumn Nature Crafts
This round-up contains autumn nature items you can use, or types of nature crafts commonly made in the fall, complete with a few of the most awesome examples I could find. Some crafts fit into more than one category below.
An example would be Turkey’s made out of leaves or owls made out of pinecones. When this happens I have placed the craft in the category of what it is, as opposed to what it’s made of.
Fall Nature Crafts for Kids and Teens
I’m sure you’re all wanting to know how to find the crafts featured in the photo collages above and below. Aren’t they beautiful? I have marked these crafts with a (*) so you can easily find them.
Click on the creator of the autumn nature craft for the directions to each fall nature craft project.
Related: Fall Nature Table
1. Autumn Nature Crafts: Leaf Crafts
Leaf crafts abound in the fall and make wonderful autumn nature crafts. There are so many amazing things you can make with autumn leaves. Check out the amazing collection of fall nature crafts using autumn leaves below!
- Collect, Press, and Preserve Fall Leaves
- Watercolor and Fall Leaf Art
- Leaf Masks, Tiaras and Crowns
- *Leaf Fairies | Mother Natured*
- Heart Leaf Lanterns | Rhythms of Play
- Fall Leaf Crown | Rain or Shine Mama
- Real Fall Leaf Garland | Swoodson Says
- Fabulous Fall Collage | Happy Hooligans
- Easy Autumn Tree Craft | Crafts on Sea
- Fall Leaf Finger Puppets | Crafts by Amanda
- Embossed Fall Leaves | Mother Natured
- Leaf Prints | from Edventures with Kids
- Painted Leaf Monsters | Messy Little Monster
- Nature Portraits | Adventure in a Box
- Fall Leaf Fish in the Sea Nature Craft
- Invitation to Create Fall Leaves Art
- Fall Leaf Lacing Beginning Sewing Project for Kids (Photo Below)
2. Fall Nature Crafts: Autumn Owls
Owl nature crafts are often made in the fall. Below are a few fun Autumn owls to try!
- * Bark Owl Craft | Fireflies & Mudpies*
- Owl Pinecone Craft | Meaningful Mama
- Walnut Owls | Red Ted Art
- * Stone and Shell Owl Craft *(Photo below)
Related: Shell Daisy Nature Craft
3. Fall Nature Crafts: Acorn Crafts
Acorns make a great material for fall nature crafts and can be found on the ground by the thousands in the autumn. There are so many fun ways to craft with acorns. Find all the best autumn nature crafts using acorns below.
- * DIY Acorn Peg Dolls*
- Decorating and Preserve Acorns for Fall Decor | Close to Home
- Acorn Frame | Crafts by Amanda
- Stick and Acorn Men | The Magic Onions
- Acorn Wreath for Kids | Craftulate
- *Acorn Marble Necklaces* (Photo below)
Related: Rustic Acorn Marble Ornaments
4. Autumn Nature Crafts: Pumpkin Carving and Decorating Ideas
Because Halloween occurs in the fall, most everyone does some pumpkin crafting or carving. We have found some fun original fall nature craft ideas using pumpkins, pumpkin carving and decorating ideas, and a pumpkin carving hack to make pumpkin carving easy!
- Best Ever Pumpkin Carving Tip | Happy Hooligans
- Easy No Mess Pumpkin Carving | No Time for Flashcards
- Over 700 Free Pumpkin Carving Stencils | Spaceships and Laserbeams
- 14 Pumpkin Decorating Ideas | My Life and Kids
- Chalkboard Pumpkins | Sunny Day Family
- *Little House in a Pumpkin | Adventure in a Box* (Photo Below)
Little House in a Pumpkin by Adventure in a Box
5. Fall Nature Crafts: Walnut Shells
Walnuts are harvested in the fall, use walnut shells to make fall nature crafts. Another fun idea is to use a walnut shell to create a manger for baby Jesus. Check out our walnut shell manger ornament to learn how!
Walnut Shell Turtles by No Time for Flashcards
6. Fall Nature Crafts: Pinecone Crafts
Pinecones make a wonderful fall nature craft material for the autumn and winter months. Try a few of the fun ideas below!
- Cute Pinecone Fall Tree | The Pinterested Parent
- Pinecone Owls | Crafts by Amanda
- Cute Pinecone Pets | Zing Zing Tree
- How to Make a Pinecone Garland | The Magic Onions
- *Pinecone Spiders Halloween Craft for Kids | Fireflies & Mudpies*
- * Autumn Pinecone Fairies | The Magic Onions*
- Pinecone Hedge Hogs | Mum in the Madhouse
- Rhinestone Pinecone Nature Craft
7. Autumn Turkey Fall Nature Crafts
Because Thanksgiving is celebrated in the US and Canada in the Fall, it is fun to make turkey nature crafts! Try some of the turkey fall nature crafts below and add some nature crafts to your DIY Thanksgiving home decor!
- Turkey Leaf Nature Crafts
- Pinecone Turkeys | A Pumpkin and a Princess
- Pumpkin Turkeys | The Chaos and the Clutter
- * Turkey Leaf Lanterns* (photo below)
8. Fall Helicopter Seed Nature Crafts
I love helicopter seed crafts and can not wait to make a few of my own. Both of the dragonflies found below are gorgeous! And the wall hanging is simply divine.
- Helicopter Seed Craft – Wall Hanging | Zing Zing Tree
- Autumn Woodland Treasures Sculpture | Filth Wizardry
Related: Apple Button Tree Craft for Kids
9. Autumn Nature Crafts: Apple Crafts
Apple crafts for the autumn harvest and back to school fun. Most of these autumn nature crafts use real apples, while the last two use natural materials to make apple nature crafts.
- Fine Motor Apple Hedgehogs
- Dehydrated Apple Art | Brainy Beginnings
- Leaf Nut and Apple Wind Catcher Mobile | Fun Family Crafts
- How to Craft a Clove Apple Pomander | Crafting a Green World
- Pinecone Apples | Fireflies & Mudpies
- *Oak Apple Nature Craft* (Photo Below)
10. Fall Wreaths made from Natural Items
There are so many amazing fall wreaths. You can find a few good ones below.
- Easy Fall Wreath with Autumn Leaves | What We Do All Day
- Fall Wreath for Kids | Mommy’s Bundle
- Make an Autumn Wreath | The Magic Onions (Photo Below)
Fall Wreath by The Magic Onions
The Best Fall Nature Crafts for Kids and Teens
The autumn all is one of the best times of year to make nature crafts. There are so many amazing natural treasures waiting to be found and made into something beautiful. Get outside to collect some natural materials for fall nature crafts today!
We hoped you enjoyed this awesome collection of fall nature crafts for kids and teens. You may also like this amazing collection of Nature Craft and Art Activities that use Natural Materials, Nature Craft Printables, and Outdoor Learning and Nature Activities. Click on the links to learn more!
For even more fall fun don’t forget to check out our fall bucket list for the best autumn ever!
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
More Fall Art and Craft Ideas for Kids and Teens
- Autumn Tree Collage for Kids
- How to Sew a Button Apple Tree
- Button Apple Tree Craft
- Fall Leaf Watercolor Art
- The Best Fall Art Projects for Kids and Teens
If you liked These Fall Nature Crafts for Kids, You May Also Like
- How to Make a Fall Nature Table
- Sensory Card Nature Scavenger Hunt
- 11 Ways to Celebrate the Fall Autumnal Equinox
- Nature-Inspired Sensory Bottles
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!