Autumn is one of the best times of year to make fall nature crafts. There are always amazing treasures like leaves, pinecones, acorns, and walnuts, for the kids to find and make into something beautiful. The projects below are for kids preschool age and up.
Related: The Best Fall Art Projects for Kids
Autumn Nature Crafts for Kids and Teens
This round-up contains 10 autumn nature items you can use, or types of nature crafts commonly made in the fall, complete with a few of the most awesome examples I could find. Some crafts fit into more than one category below.
An example would be Turkey’s made out of leaves or owls made out of pinecones. When this happens I have placed the craft in the category of what it is, as opposed to what it’s made of.
Top 10 Fall Nature Crafts for Kids and Teens
I’m sure you’re all wanting to know how to find the crafts featured in the photo collages above and below. Aren’t they beautiful? I have marked these crafts with a (*) so you can easily find them.
Click on the creator of the nature craft for the directions to each fall project.
Related: Fall Nature Table
1. Autumn Leaf Nature Crafts
Leaf crafts abound in the fall. There are so many amazing things you can make autumn leaves.
- Collect, Press, and Preserve Fall Leaves | Rhythms of Play
- Nature Craft Printables: Masks, Tiaras, Crowns and More! | Rhythms of Play
- *Leaf Fairies | Mother Natured*
- Heart Leaf Lanterns | Rhythms of Play
- * Fall Leaf Crown | Rain or Shine Mama*
- Leaf Mermaids | Mother Natured
- Real Fall Leaf Garland | Swoodson Says
- Leaf Bow Hair Clips | Mother Natured
- Fabulous Fall Collage | Happy Hooligans
- Leaf Star Wand | Mother Natured
- Easy Autumn Tree Craft | Crafts on Sea
- Leaf Heart with Secret Message | Mother Natured
- Fall Leaf Finger Puppets | Crafts by Amanda
- Embossed Fall Leaves | Mother Natured
- Invitation to Create Fall Leaves Art | Rhythms of Play
- Leaf Prints | from Edventures with Kids
- Painted Leaf Monsters | Messy Little Monster
- Leaf Painting for Preschoolers | Kidz Activities
- Fall Finds Centerpiece | Make it Your Own
- How to Create Patterned Leaves in Three Easy Steps | Hand Made Kids Art
- Fall Leaves Fish in the Sea Craft | Rhythms of Play
- Painted Leaf Critters | Tinkerlab
- Nature Portraits | Adventure in a Box
- Fall Leaf Lacing Beginning Sewing Project for Kids | Rhythms of Play (Photo Below)
2. Autumn Owl Nature Crafts
Owl crafts are often made in the fall. Below are a few fun ones to try!
- * Bark Owl Craft | Fireflies & Mudpies*
- Owl Pinecone Craft | Meaningful Mama
- Walnut Owls | Red Ted Art
- * Stone and Shell Owl Craft | Rhythms of Play*(Photo below)
3. Fall Acorn Nature Crafts
Acorns can be found on the ground by the thousands in the fall. There are so many fun ways to craft with them. Find all the best project below.
- * DIY Acorn Peg Dolls | Rhythms of Play*
- Decorating and Preserve Acorns for Fall Decor | Close to Home
- Acorn Frame | Crafts by Amanda
- Stick and Acorn Men | The Magic Onions
- Acorn Wreath for Kids | Craftulate
- *Woodland Fairy Folk (These are made out of Acorns, Pinecones, and Helicopter Seeds) | Twig and Toadstool*
- *Acorn Marble Necklaces | Rhythms of Play* (Photo below)
4. Fall Pumpkin Nature Crafts
Because Halloween occurs in the fall, most everyone does some pumpkin crafting or carving.
- Best Ever Pumpkin Carving Tip | Happy Hooligans
- How to Carve a Pumpkin | Kids Activities Blog
- Easy No Mess Pumpkin Carving | No Time for Flashcards
- Over 700 Free Pumpkin Carving Stencils | Spaceships and Laserbeams
- 8 Pumpkin Carving Alternatives for Kids | She Lives Free
- 14 Pumpkin Decorating Ideas | My Life and Kids
- Chalkboard Pumpkins | Sunny Day Family
- *Little House in a Pumpkin | Adventure in a Box* (Photo Below)
5. Fall Walnut Shell Nature Crafts
Walnuts are harvested in the fall so there are lots of shells around to do some crafting.
- Walnut Shell Boats | Twodaloo
- Racing Walnut Mice | Red Ted Art
- Walnut Shell Turtles | No Time for Flashcards (Photo Below)
Walnut Shell Turtles by No Time for Flashcards
6. Fall Pinecone Nature Crafts
Pinecones can be found everywhere in the fall, and so can crafts made with them.
- Cute Pinecone Fall Tree | The Pinterested Parent
- Pinecone Pets | Zing Zing Tree
- 25+ Pinecone Crafts and Activities | Rhythms of Play
- Pinecone Hedge Hogs | Mum in the Madhouse
- Rhinestone Pinecones | Rhythms of Play
- Pinecone Owls | Crafts by Amanda
- How to Make a Pinecone Garland | The Magic Onions
- *Pinecone Spiders Halloween Craft for Kids | Fireflies & Mudpies*
- * Autumn Pinecone Fairies | The Magic Onions* (Photo Below)
7. Autumn Turkey Nature Crafts
Since Thanksgiving occurs in the fall, you can always find lots of fun turkey crafts.
- Pinecone Turkeys | A Pumpkin and a Princess
- Pumpkin Turkeys | The Chaos and the Clutter
- Leaf Turkey Card | Toddler Approved
- Turkey Leaf Nature Crafts | Rhythms of Play
- * Turkey Leaf Lanterns | Rhythms of Play* (photo below)
8. Fall Helicopter Seed Nature Crafts
I love helicopter seed crafts and can not wait to make a few of my own. Both of the dragonflies found below are gorgeous! And the wall hanging is simply divine.
- Helicopter Seed Craft – Wall Hanging | Zing Zing Tree
- * Autumn Woodland Treasures Sculpture | Filth Wizardry*
- Helicopter Seed Dragonfly Craft | Learn Create Love on Housing a Forest (Photo Below)
Helicopter Seed Dragonfly Craft | Learn Create Love
Related: Apple Button Tree Craft for Kids
9. Fall Apple Nature Crafts
Apple crafts for the autumn harvest and back to school fun.
- Fine Motor Apple Hedgehogs | Rhythms of Play
- Leaf Nut and Apple Wind Catcher Mobile | Fun Family Crafts
- How to Craft a Clove Apple Pomander | Crafting a Green World
- Pinecone Apples | Fireflies & Mudpies
- *Oak Apple Nature Craft | Rhythms of Play* (Photo Below)
10. Fall Wreaths made from Natural Items
There are so many amazing fall wreaths. You can find a few good ones below.
- Easy Fall Wreath with Autumn Leaves | What we do all day
- Preschool Fall Wreath Craft | Preschool Powel Packets
- Fall Wreath for Kids | Mommy’s Bundle
- Halloween Floral and Creepy Crawlies Wreath | Make it Your Own
- Make an Autumn Wreath | The Magic Onions (Photo Below)
Fall is one of the best times of year to make nature crafts. There are always amazing natural treasures waiting to be found and made into something beautiful.
Be sure to check out this amazing collection of Nature Craft Printables. Click on the link to learn more!
You May Also Like
- How to Make a Fall Nature Table
- Sensory Card Nature Scavenger Hunt
- 11 Ways to Celebrate the Fall Autumnal Equinox
- Nature-Inspired Sensory Bottles
- Watercolor and Fall Leaves Art
To learn more about Rhythms of Play click on the link!
The One Essential Tool You Need To Get Organized For Good!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to get organized, connect with your kids, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!