This Thanksgiving thankful tree printable is a fun gratitude craft and activity for kids and adults. (First published November 2, 2021; this post is updated and republished to improve the content.)
Here’s a thankful tree printable with colorful paper gratitude leaves for kids and adults to use at home, in the classroom, or the workplace. Thanksgiving traditions like this printable thankful tree craft and activity make it easy to increase feelings of joy and thankfulness at the Thanksgiving dinner table and during the holiday season.
Even toddlers and preschoolers can make a thankful tree using this easy printable gratitude craft. One of our gratitude tree printables is full color, while the other thankful tree and its leaves are coloring pages. Please use the thankful tree printables you like best! You might also enjoy these Thanksgiving gratitude crafts and activities and Thankful Tree Ideas.
Gratitude Tree Craft Supplies:
- Printable Thankful Tree with Gratitude Leaves
- Markers, paint pens, colored pencils, or crayons
- Glue pen, glue dots, glue stick, or tape
Benefits of Using a Printable Gratitude Tree
A printable thankful tree can be a powerful visual and interactive tool for children and adults at home or in the classroom, fostering a culture of gratitude and mindfulness. You might also enjoy these printable Thankful Turkey placemats that promote thankfulness and gratitude while friends, relatives, and other guests wait for Thanksgiving dinner.
For children, this printable gratitude tree acts as a fun, engaging activity that can help them recognize and articulate what they are grateful for, enhancing their emotional intelligence and promoting a positive mindset. Thanksgiving trees like this interactive printable can also be used as an educational tool to develop vocabulary and writing skills as they learn to express their thoughts.
For adults, writing down and acknowledging the good in their lives can reduce stress and improve mental health. Whether in a classroom or family setting, sharing these tokens of gratitude can build a sense of community and connectedness, encouraging open communication and empathy among participants.
Moreover, the thankful tree printable offers a fun seasonal craft that can be hung in a frame on the wall or pinned to a bulletin board to create a physical reminder of everyone’s collective gratitude and blessings. You might also enjoy this printable “I Am Grateful for” gratitude activity for kids or adults.
Printable Thankful Tree Craft Instructions
Use these step-by-step instructions to make this easy Thanksgiving gratitude craft. Learn more about this modern Thanksgiving Tradition HERE–> Thankful Tree Tradition.
1. Download the gratitude tree printable for Thanksgiving.
- Download either of our thankful tree printables with gratitude leaves HERE–> Printable Thankful Tree.
- One of our gratitude tree printables is full color, while the other is a coloring page. Please download, print, and use the thankful tree printables you like best!
2. Print the thankful tree and gratitude leaves.
- Please print the pages of this gratitude activity onto cardstock for the best results.
- Either print one thankful tree for the whole family, classroom, or office to decorate as a group. Or, print one for each person to make a thankful tree craft.
- If you are using the coloring page, invite children and adults to color the gratitude tree and its leaves before moving on to the next step.
3. Cut out the gratitude leaves for the thankful tree craft.
- Use scissors or a precision cutting mat with a cutting tool to cut out each gratitude leaf.
- Invite the kids to do this step in the gratitude craft activity for cutting practice. If you choose this option, please ensure children know how to use cutting tools safely and are supervised. Encourage younger kids to use scissors, and have older kids try using a cutting mat and tool to develop hand dexterity.
4. Write what you are thankful for on each printable gratitude leaf.
- Invite family, friends, co-workers, or students to use a marking pen or paint pens to write what they feel most grateful for this Thanksgiving onto each of the colorful leaves included with this printable gratitude craft.
- The Thanksgiving tree pictured has words of gratitude written on the leaves with paint pens, but markers or colored pencils work just as well.
- Write what you are thankful for onto the colored side of the autumn leaf if you want the words to be visible to everyone.
- Or, If you would prefer your words of thanks remain private and known only to you, write them on the back of each colorful fall leaf so that they will not be visible once you glue the leaves onto the thankful tree.
5. Attach the gratitude leaves to the Thanksgiving Tree craft.
- Glue or tape to attach each printable gratitude leaf to the Thanksgiving tree.
- Either glue on one leaf per day in November to count down to Thanksgiving. Or glue them all at once to finish your gratitude tree craft.
- Learn more about how to include gratitude trees into your Thanksgiving traditions HERE–>Thankful Tree Tradition.
6. Hang or display the thankful tree craft for Thanksgiving.
- Hang your thankful tree craft or display this Thanksgiving craft somewhere to remind you of everything you have to be grateful for–the blessings in life.
- Put it in a nice frame, pin it to the bulletin board, tape it to a door, or hang it on the refrigerator with these cute homemade thumbprint heart magnets.
Thankful Tree Craft for Thanksgiving
Thankful crafts like this gratitude tree make it easy to celebrate the true meaning of Thanksgiving with family, friends, co-workers, and students. Use this printable thankful tree craft to increase feelings of joy and gratitude in your home, classroom, or workplace this autumn.
Gratitude activities like this printable craft are fun for kids and adults of all ages. Even toddlers and preschoolers can make their own thankful tree using this easy printable activity! You might also enjoy this list of Thanksgiving gratitude activities and Thanksgiving traditions. Happy Thanksgiving!
Learn more about Rhythms of Play–> HERE!
More Thanksgiving Crafts and Ideas
- Turkey Leaf Lantern Craft
- 20 Thanksgiving Traditions
- Thankful Turkey Printable Placemats To Color
- Best Thankful Trees for Thanksgiving
- Thankful Turkey Printable Coloring Page
- DIY Gratitude Mobile
- Thanksgiving Gratitude Crafts and Activities