Creating and decorating a DIY thankful tree with marbled clay gratitude leaves is a Thanksgiving craft that kids and adults can make together.
Learn how to make a thankful tree with bare branches and clay gratitude leaves to remind family and friends of the true meaning of Thanksgiving. Gratitude brings abundance. When we are grateful for what we have, we will get more of what we are thankful for. You might also enjoy this list of Thankful tree ideas and this giant list of Thanksgiving gratitude activities and crafts.
How to Make a Thanksgiving Thankful Tree with Clay Gratitude Leaves
Creating a DIY thankful tree is a Thanksgiving tradition the whole family can enjoy. Cultivate an attitude of gratitude in your home or classroom with a bare branch tree that your family can decorate with hand-stamped or hand-written marbled clay gratitude leaves.
Next, make marbled clay leaves into hand-stamped gratitude leaves before baking. Or, invite family and friends to use a white paint pen to write words of gratitude onto the clay leaves. Or, grab our thankful tree printable craft with colorful gratitude leaves.
A Thanksgiving thankful tree makes lovely fall home decor and is a gorgeous centerpiece for your Thanksgiving table. Another fun way to bring an attitude of gratitude to your home or classroom is with a gratitude mobile.
Thankful Tree Craft Materials
- Sand and/or pebbles
- Bare branches – go on a nature hunt, purchase a white twig tree, a standing lighted birch tree, or a tabletop tree with lighted branches.
- Clay gratitude leaves – Or use preserved leaves or fabric leaves.
- Yarn or twine
DIY Thankful Tree Step-by-Step Directions
- Paint bare branches white (optional)
- Arrange bare branches in a vase.
- Pour sand and/or pebbles around the branches to add weight to the vase so that it stands upright.
- Use a glue gun to stick pom poms on the tree. (optional – have a look at this thankful tree with pom poms)
- Make marbled clay gratitude leaves to decorate the thankful tree.
- Thread a 4-inch to 6-inch section of yarn or twine through the hole in each clay gratitude leaf to make ornament hangers.
- Decorate the bare branches of the DIY thankful tree with marbled clay gratitude leaves.
Related: Turkey Leaf Lanterns
Thanksgiving Thankful Tree Tradition
Creating and decorating a thankful tree is a Thanksgiving tradition that can help cultivate gratitude during the holidays. Or, use the same fall leaves with words of thankfulness to make this DIY gratitude mobile.
Another great way to teach kids about the true meaning of Thanksgiving is to read gratitude books that inspire thankfulness with your children. And for even more fall fun, look at our fall bucket list for the best autumn activities and ideas ever!
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!