Learn how to make a giant spider web Halloween decoration for your front yard or porch this year. A fun and easy giant spider web outdoor decoration made with bare branches and rope that the whole family can weave and decorate together! Make a DIY giant stick spider web Halloween decoration today!
Related: Spider Egg Halloween Decoration DIY
How to Make a Giant Rope and Stick Spider Web for Your Yard
Our giant stick spider web was inspired by THIS Upcycled Halloween wreath made by Susie over at Twitchetts. When I saw her gorgeous creation, I knew I had to make a GIANT stick spiderweb to hang on our porch.
For another fun spider web craft made with sticks, check out THIS stick spider web created by Penny at Mother Natured.
Related: Halloween Pumpkin Salt Painting
Giant Spider Web Decoration Materials:
- Four 3 – 8-foot sticks or bare branches
- Wood screw
- 3/16 inch by 100 feet white nylon rope
- Staple gun, twisty ties, zip ties or a glue gun with glue sticks
More Halloween Spider Web Decoration Ideas:
- Glow in the dark paracord (This glow in the dark rope would be fun to use to make a stick spiderweb.)
- Spider Decorations
Giant Stick Spider Web DIY Halloween Decoration Step by Step Directions
Read through the entire directions before you start making your giant stick spider web Halloween decoration DIY.
- Collect 4 long 3 – 8 foot sticks or bare branches and trim off excess leaves and twigs.
- Position sticks in a spider web shape. Drill the wood screw through the sticks one at a time to attach them together. We used a 3-inch wood screw that ended up being way too long. We hand screwed an old wine bottle cork onto the sharp end to protect our family from injury.
- Starting from the middle, do your best to weave and wrap the rope around the bare branches and sticks in a zig sag pattern until you have a nice sturdy center.
- Continue to weave and wrap the rope around the sticks in a spider web pattern from the center outward. You may need to re-weave it from the center outward a few times to create a nice firm web.
- Use a twisty tie, a zip-tie, a staple gun, or even a glue gun with glue sticks to attach the rope towards the end of one of the sticks in your web to finish it. Feel free to fasten the rope at different parts of the spider web using any one of the above options.
- The proper way to hang your giant stick spiderweb will depend on where you are trying to put it. Use a combination of more rope tied to the ends of the sticks, zip-ties and/or a staple gun to make sure it is well attached. We ended up weaving more rope around the ends of the sticks as we worked which made it even bigger and more awesome!
Giant Spider Web Outdoor Decoration DIY Photo Tutorial
DIY Giant Halloween Spider Web Decoration
Learn how to make a giant spider web with this easy Halloween decoration DIY project. Making a giant outdoor spider web with bare branches, sticks and rope is a fun DIY Halloween project the whole family will enjoy creating together. Weave and decorate a giant spider web for your yard or porch today!
Don’t forget to check out our fall bucket list for the best autumn EVER.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
More Fun DIY Halloween Decoration Ideas
We have created a few more fun DIY Halloween decorations that the whole family can make. Use these fun Halloween decoration DIY ideas to decorate for both Halloween parties and your front porch or yard to entertain trick or treaters on Halloween night!
- Spider Egg Halloween Decoration
- Gorgeous Glowing Halloween Lanterns and Luminaries
- Easy Ghost Craft and DIY Halloween Decoration
- Fall Nature Craft Ideas Including Pumpkin Carving Tips
If You Liked This Giant Spider Web Halloween Decoration, You May Also Like
- Halloween Handout Ideas: Healthy Treats and Fun Alternatives for Trick or Treaters
- Glowing Ghost Sensory Bottle
- Easy Halloween Pumpkin Salt Painting
- Glow in the Dark Jack o’ Lantern Pumpkin Sensory Bottle
- The Best Halloween Art Projects for Kids
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!
Nell is an artist, athlete, wife, mother, psychologist, educator, and coach. She believes in the wonder of childhood, the power of the imagination, learning through play, making this world a greener place to live, and getting outside in all seasons!