Both children and adults will love this rainbow glitter galaxy sensory bottle. The perfect way to calm an anxious child – When it swirls it looks like a rainbow galaxy, and when it stops it looks like rainbow-colored twinkling stars slowly falling in the night sky. Make galaxy glitter sensory bottles for a galaxy themed study unit or a space themed birthday party!
Calm down bottles like this are most often used for no mess sensory play, to help calm an overwhelmed child, as a “time out” timer, or as a meditation technique for children. They are just as effective for adults.
For more information check out Calm Down Sensory Bottles 101.
How to Make a Rainbow Galaxy Sensory Bottle
This is one of my all-time favorite sensory bottles!
The photos above and below do not do this amazing bottle justice. You have to make one so you can see how it amazing it is when it swirls, sparkles, and shines! I love the twinkling rainbow of colors!
Rainbow Glitter Galaxy Sensory Bottle Materials
- VOSS Plastic Water Bottles (any bottle from the recycle bin should work)
- Goo Gone
- Sargent Glitter Glue Assortment
- 1-Quart Measuring Cup
- Super Glue
Related: Sunburst Glitter Sensory Bottle
Rainbow Glitter Galaxy Discovery Bottle Directions
- Remove Lable and use Goo Gone to remove any sticky residue.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of hot water into a 1-quart measuring cup.
- Squeeze 1-2 tbsp of each color of Sargent glitter glue into the water. I didn’t measure. Instead, I emptied each bottle until it was level with the top of the glitter glue label.
- Mix well with a whisk.
- Give it a final stir and pour the mixture into your bottle.
- Place lid on the bottle and give it a shake to see if you like it. Need more glitter? Add it in before topping it off with water.
- Play with it for a day or two to make sure you are happy with it before gluing it shut.
Both children and adults will love this rainbow galaxy sensory bottle. Calm down bottles like this are most often used for no mess sensory play, to help calm an overwhelmed child, as a “time out” timer, or as a meditation technique for children. They are just as effective for adults.
Don’t forget to pop over to have a look at Calm Down Sensory Bottles 101 for all our sensory bottle making and troubleshooting tips.
This post is part of the Rainbow Discovery Bottle Blog Hop. Be sure you check out all of the other amazing rainbow sensory bottle recipes and ideas below!
- Rainbow Counting Bears Sensory Bottle | Preschool Inspirations
- Simple Rainbow Calm Down Jars | Lemon Lime Adventures
- Rainbow Pipe Cleaner Sensory Bottle | Mom Inspired Life
- Rainbow Button Sensory Bottle | Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tail
- Pot of Gold Discovery Bottle | Sunny Day Family
- Friendship Thread Calming Sensory Bottle | Sugar Aunts
- Rainbow Galaxy Sensory Bottle | Rhythms of Play
- Glitter Jars in a Rainbow of Colors | Fun-A-Day
- Rainbow Alphabet Sensory Bottle | Modern Preschool
- Rainbow Polka Dot Discovery Bottle | Still Playing School
If You Liked This Rainbow Glitter Galaxy Sensory Bottle, You May also Like:
- Calm Down Sensory Bottles 101
- DIY Rainstick Musical Sensory Bottle
- DIY Frozen-Inspired Snowstorm Sensory Bottle
- Frozen-Inspired Snowstorm Sensory Bottle
- Slow Falling Hearts Sensory Bottle
- Kids Books That Teach Important Life Lessons
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!