Make glitter sensory bottles that look like a rainbow galaxy for a science study unit or a space-themed birthday party!
Both children and adults will love this rainbow glitter galaxy sensory bottle. When it swirls it looks like a rainbow galaxy, and when it stops it looks like rainbow-colored twinkling stars slowly falling in the night sky.
Calm down bottles like this are most often used for no-mess sensory play, to help calm an overwhelmed child, as a “time out” timer, or as a meditation technique for children. They are just as effective for adults. For more information check out Calm Down Sensory Bottles 101.
Related: Rainbow Shamrock Salt Painting
How to Make a Rainbow Galaxy Glitter Sensory Bottle
This calm down jar is one of my all-time favorite sensory bottles. The photos above and below do not do this fantastic bottle justice.
You have to make one, so you can see how amazing it is when it swirls, sparkles, and shines! My daughter loves to watch the twinkling rainbow of colors as they gently fall to the bottom of this gorgeous sensory bottle.
Rainbow Glitter Galaxy Sensory Bottle Materials
- Water bottle, mason jar, (or any bottle from the recycle bin)
- Goo Gone
- Sargent Glitter Glue Assortment
- 1-Quart Measuring Cup
- Super Glue
Related: Sunburst Glitter Sensory Bottle
Rainbow Glitter Galaxy Discovery Bottle Step by Step Directions
This DIY sensory bottle is made with a rainbow of glitter glue colors to produce a swirling galaxy of twinkling stars! Follow the simple step by step directions listed below to make your own rainbow galaxy sensory bottle.
- Remove the label and use Goo Gone to remove any sticky residue.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of hot water into a 1-quart measuring cup.
- Squeeze 1-2 tbsp of each color of Sargent glitter glue into the water. We didn’t measure. Instead, we emptied each bottle until it was level with the top of the glitter glue label.
- Mix well with a whisk.
- Give the glitter mixture it a final stir and pour it into the bottle.
- Place the lid on the bottle and give it a shake to see how it moves and figure out if it needs any changes. Need more glitter? Add it in before topping it off with water.
- Play with it for a day or two to make sure you are happy with it before gluing it shut.
Related: Rainbow Arts and Crafts for Kids
Rainbow Galaxy Glitter Sensory Bottle
Both children and adults will love this rainbow galaxy sensory bottle.
Calm down bottles like this are most often used for no mess sensory play, to help calm an overwhelmed child, as a “time out” timer, or as a meditation technique for children. They are just as effective for adults.
Don’t forget to pop over to have a look at Calm Down Sensory Bottles 101 for all our sensory bottle making and troubleshooting tips.
More Sensory Bottle DIY’s
- Rainbow Counting Bears Sensory Bottle | Preschool Inspirations
- Simple Rainbow Calm Down Jars | Lemon Lime Adventures
- Rainbow Pipe Cleaner Sensory Bottle | Mom Inspired Life
- Pot of Gold Discovery Bottle | Sunny Day Family
- Friendship Thread Calming Sensory Bottle | Sugar Aunts
- Glitter Jars in a Rainbow of Colors | Fun-A-Day
- Rainbow Alphabet Sensory Bottle | Modern Preschool
- DIY Rainstick Musical Sensory Bottle
- Slow Falling Hearts Sensory Bottle
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to create a life you LOVE!