Learn how to make a Butterfly Tree Centerpiece to add a touch of whimsy to your DIY home decor. A DIY butterfly tree makes a gorgeous party decoration or centerpiece for dining tables, entry tables, nature tables, and weddings. Decorate a DIY butterfly tree today!
My daughter loves decorating trees so much we have a tree for every season. We decorate a thankful tree in the Fall, an Easter tree in the spring, a Christmas tree in the winter, and this butterfly tree in the summertime for our summer nature table.
Related: DIY Monarch Butterfly Peg Dolls
How to Make a Butterfly Tree Centerpiece
Making a butterfly tree is an easy and fun way to add spring or summer DIY decor to your home. Children love decorating them as much as Christmas trees!
When I ran a daycare out of my home several years ago, our butterfly tree was always a hit with the little ones. Make sure you put it far out of reach or those kids will take all of your butterflies!
Butterfly trees also make a gorgeous party decoration or DIY wedding centerpiece idea! Just imagine butterflies everywhere!
DIY Butterfly Tree Supplies
- Bare branches, white branches or a small twig tree
- Sand, pebbles, rocks, or whatever you’d like to weigh the vase down enough to hold the branches
- Butterflies, butterflies, and more butterflies
- Bees (optional)
DIY Butterfly Tree Centerpiece Step by Step Directions
- Go on a nature hunt to collect some small bare branches for your DIY butterfly tree. Kids love this activity! If going on a nature hunt for bare branches is not your thing, you can purchase bare branches, white branches or a small twig tree instead.
- Leave branches natural or use spray paint to paint them white. Allow time to dry if you choose this option.
- Place branches in a vase.
- Add sand, pebbles, or vase filler to fill in the spaces around the branches and weight them down so the vase does not tip over.
- Glue pom poms onto the branches like we did on our Thankful Tree. (optional)
- Enjoy decorating your butterfly tree with butterflies, bees, dragonflies, and even birds if you like!
Related: How to Make an Easter Tree
DIY Centerpiece for Homes and Weddings
A butterfly tree adds a spring or summer element to your home decor. A DIY Butterfly tree is a lovely DIY centerpiece for any dining table, entry table, summer nature table.
Butterfly trees also make a simple DIY party decoration and DIY wedding centerpiece.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
More DIY Centerpiece Ideas:
- How to Make a Thankful Tree with Real Leaves
- DIY Thankful Tree with Clay Gratitude Leaves
- How to Make an Easter Tree Centerpiece
- Top 10 Thankful Tree’s For Thanksgiving
If You Liked This DIY Butterfly Tree, You May Also Like:
- Butterfly Sensory Bottle
- Fun Ways to Celebrate Summer
- How to Start Your Own Fairy Garden
- DIY Monarch Butterfly Peg Dolls
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!