Do you ever wish you had the perfect place to stash small secret items to throw in your pocket or purse? This may be the solution you’ve been waiting for.
These mini secret stash tins are made out of upcycled mini Altoid tins. You can decorate them with Washi tape like I did, or leave them as they are. If you don’t want someone asking you for a mint – decorate it.
My favorite thing to stash in these little tins is eco-friendly tampons – you know the one’s without an applicator. Three fit perfectly inside one of these little tins. I keep them in my purse, glovebox, and other various places in case of emergency. I love them because I’m never embarrassed if someone sees them, or when I grab one and head to the bathroom.
I like to decorate them so no one asks me for a mint, but it would be funny to offer a tampon instead wouldn’t it? lol! Of course this joke would only go over well in some situations. This is why I choose to decorate them with Washi tape.
This post contains affiliate links – I earn a small commission at no cost to you.
How to Make a Mini Secret Stash Tin
- Small Altoid Tins — Altoids Smalls Mints, Peppermint, (Pack of 9)
- Washi Tape (Optional) I used 3 cm width pieces for the top and bottom, and 1 1/2 cm width for the circumference
Feel free to play around with Washi tape and decorate your tin however you please. You may think of something much nicer than I came up with. Directions to how I did it follow:
- Add a small piece of Washi tape to the top and bottom. Don’t worry about the sides yet.
- Cut 2 strips long enough to fit around the entire circumference of the tin.
- Carefully place the tape all around the upper and lower sections of the tin.
- Cut the corners of the long sections after you wrap it around the tin and before you stick it to the top or bottom. This makes it easier to lay flat onto the tin.
- Make sure you keep the lid closed as you work and only put the tape to the edge of the lid on the bottom of the tin. See photo above. This makes it easy to open and close and doesn’t mar the tape.
- Place a second piece of Washi tape neatly on the top and bottom. Some Washi tape is a bit see-through so this makes it look a lot better.
There are many items you can stash in these tins. I’ve used them to carry vitamins, medication, change for the meter (so I can find it), tampons, and other small things I don’t want getting crushed or lost.
I hope you find these to be the perfect solution to those secret items you’d like to stash. Enjoy!
Subscribe to our mailing list so you don’t miss the next post!
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to create a life you LOVE!