This glow in the dark loom band sensory bottle will keep your kids entertained as the swirling motion of the loom bands calms them. It’s a wonderful bedtime sensory bottle!
Sensory bottles like this one are also great for no mess safe sensory play. Placing glow in the dark loom bands in a sensory bottle is the perfect way for babies and toddlers to safely investigate them without the risk of choking.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Thank you for choosing to support this blog!
Glow in the Dark Loom Band Sensory Bottle
These glow in the dark loom bands don’t glow brightly or last long without an external source of light. They can be ‘charged’ by placing them under a regular light or in the sun, but the glow won’t last long. To make these loom bands glow bright a black light works best.
Glow in the Dark Loom Band Sensory Bottle: Materials
- Voss Water Bottle (These are our favorite bottles to use)
- Goo Gone
- Glow in the dark loom bands
- Super Glue
- Black light flashlight (optional)
The photo on the left was taken in daylight while the photo on the right was taken with a black light flashlight pointed at it.
Glow in the Dark Loom Band Sensory Bottle: Directions
1. Peel off sticker on bottle. Use Goo Gone to remove sticky residue.
2. Empty and/or drink water in Voss bottle.
3. Fill the bottle half way with water.
4. Drop glow in the dark loom bands into the bottle.
5. Add a few drops of glycerine. This is what snow globes use. It makes the loom bands swirl better than with water alone.
6. Fill the bottle up the rest of the way with water. You want to fill it all the way to the top so there is no air in it.
7. Place lid on the bottle and shake it up.
Play with your glow in the dark loom band sensory bottle for a few days before you glue the lid on. You may find that you want to add or remove some loom bands.
Once you are happy with it, glue on the lid and hand it over to your kids. Unless you’re keeping it for yourself of course. 😉
Discovery Bottles Blog Hop
This post is a part of the monthly Discovery Bottles Blog Hop. Head on over to see all of the other glow in the dark sensory bottles made this month by the blogs below!
- Super Simple Glow in the Dark Water Beads | Preschool Inspirations
- Glow in the Dark Ocean | Sunny Day Family
- Cool Glow In the Dark Chalk | Sugar Aunts
- Easy Glow in the Dark Beads | Mom Inspired Life
- Glow in the Dark ABC I-Spy | Where Imagination Grows
- Glow Sticks | Teaching Mama
You may also like:
- Calm Down Sensory Bottles 101
- Frozen-Inspired Snowstorm Sensory Bottle
- Rainbow Galaxy Sensory Bottle
- Slow Falling Hearts Sensory Bottle
- Butterfly Sensory Bottle
- Sea Shells Sensory Bottle
For more ideas follow my sensory activities plus Pinterest board.
Subscribe to our mailing list so you don’t miss the next post!
The One Essential Tool You Need To Get Organized For Good!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to get organized, connect with your kids, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!