Both children and adults will love this DIY Frozen-inspired snowstorm sensory bottle. Calm down jars like this snowflake glitter bottle are most often used as a tool to help calm an overwhelmed child, or as a meditation technique for children. They are just as effective for adults.
Focusing on the objects in this frozen-inspired DIY glitter sensory bottle can help children and adults calm down and focus. As the bottle clears so does the mind. Calm down sensory bottles work wonders for adults too!
For more information about sensory bottles including quick and easy DIY recipes hop over to have a look at Calm Down Sensory Bottles 101.
Related: Frozen Inspired Olaf
Related: Soothing Sea Shells Sensory Bottle
How to Make a Frozen-inspired Snowflake Glitter Sensory Bottle
A DIY Frozen-inspired snowstorm sensory bottle for kids is a fun DIY calm down toy for kids. A giant snowglobe that can help your children learn how to self-regulate.Else and Anna would love it as much as your kids will!
Yoga is another great calming strategy for kids. Click on the link to learn tips for getting kids started with the practice of Yoga.
DIY Frozen-Inspired Snowstorm Sensory Bottle: Materials
- VOSS Artesian Water Bottles (Or any other bottle out of the recycle bin)
- Elmer’s Glitter Glue 6oz-Blue
- Softsoap Liquid Hand Soap
- Snowflake sequins — 1. Snowflake Confetti Mix Foil White and/or 2. Sparkly Snow Confetti Mix Foil Multicolor and/or 3. Snowflake Sequins-Silver and/or 4. Iridescent Snowflakes Confetti
- Blue Glitter Tempura Paint
- Fine Turquoise Glitter
- 1-Quart Measuring Cup or Mixing Bowl (I like to use a large liquid measuring cup for making sensory bottles because I can measure and pour with it.)
- Whisk (This is a set, I dedicate one to sensory bottle making.)
- Hot Water
- Super Glue
Related: Rainstick Musical Sensory Bottle
Snowstorm Glitter Sensory Bottle Step by Step Directions
- Grab a bottle out of the recycle bin.
- Add hot water (boiling is best) and a good squeeze (about 1 or 2 tablespoons) of blue glitter glue into a 1-quart glass liquid measuring cup.
- Use a wire whisk to mix well. Make sure you mix less than your bottle holds so you can add other ingredients and make changes as needed later.
- Mix in a sprinkle of turquoise fairy dust and a squirt of blue glitter tempera paint (regular blue tempera paint will also work).
- Next, add snowflake and/or sequins of choice. Several options are listed above. Update: If we had it to make this bottle again we would avoid the regular (non-snowflake) and painted sequins. The paint chips off, which didn’t really matter for this bottle because they just added more blue chips and color to the mix. The problem with regular sequins is that some of them will tend to stick to the side of the jar rather than swirl.
- Continue to mix all ingredients with a whisk and pour into the Voss bottle. Leave room! Don’t pour it all the way to the top yet! You may find that you need to add a little more glue, glitter, or paint.
- Because we used large sequins for this bottle we soon learned that we needed to make the solution more viscous so they would float and swirl longer. We added 1/8 cup of the clear liquid handsoap listed above. It worked wonderfully!
- Consider adding more handsoap, glitter, glitter glue, or glitter tempera paint to the Frozen-Inspired snowstorm sensory bottle it until you are happy with how it looks and moves. You can always pour some out if you need to to make room for more of this or that.
- Top it off with hot water, put the lid on, and give it a good shake.
Related: Beaded Snowflake Ornaments
Snowflake DIY Glitter Sensory Bottle Video
Snowstorm Glitter Sensory Bottle DIY
Don’t glue the lid on right away!
We like to play with our DIY sensory bottles for a day or two before we glue the cap on. It’s hard to make changes after the cap is glued on!
Once you are happy with your Frozen-Inspired snowstorm sensory bottle glue the cap on and pass it over to the kiddos. Unless you are keeping it for yourself of course. 😉
To learn more about Rhythms of Play click on the link!
If You Liked This DIY Glitter Sensory Bottle, You May Also Like:
- Best DIY Sensory Bottles for Every Holiday and Season
- DIY Rainbow Loom Band Ringer Game Sensory Bottle
- Slow Falling Hearts Sensory Bottle
- Rainbow Galaxy Sensory Bottle
- Nature-Inspired Sensory Bottles
- Glittering Mermaid Tail Calming Sensory Bottle (pictured below)
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!