Fall Nature Crafts
Fall is one of the best times of year to make nature crafts. There are always treasures on the ground waiting for someone to pick them up and make them into something beautiful.
Fall Nature Crafts
I’m sure your all wanting to know how to find the crafts featured in the square photo collage above and the pin collage at the bottom of this page. Aren’t they beautiful? I have marked these crafts with an * so you can easily find them.
Top 10 Fall Nature Crafts
This round-up contains more than 10 crafts. It is a list of the top 10 autumn nature items you can use, or types of nature crafts commonly made in the fall, complete with a few of the most awesome examples I could find. This means that some crafts fit into more than one category below.
An example would be turkey’s made out of leaves or owls made out of pinecones. When this happens I have placed the craft in the category of what it is, as opposed to what it’s made of.
1. Leaf Nature Crafts
Leaf crafts abound in the fall. There are so many amazing things you can make with them.
- Collect, Press, and Preserve Fall Leaves
- Invitation to Create Fall Leaves Art
- Heart Leaf Lanterns
- * Fall Leaf Crown | Rain or Shine Mama
- Fabulous Fall Collage | Happy Hooligans
- Easy Autumn Tree Craft | Crafts on Sea
- Fall Leaf Finger Puppets | Crafts by Amanda
- Leaf Prints | from Edventures with Kids
- Painted Leaf Monsters | Messy Little Monster
- Painted Leaf Critters | Tinkerlab
- Leaf Painting for Preschoolers | Kidz Activities
- Preschool Craft Nature Votive | Holiday Kids Crafts
- How to Create Patterned Leaves in Three Easy Steps | Hand Made Kids Art
- Heart Leaf Lanterns
- Fall Leaf Lacing (Photo Below)
2. Owl Nature Crafts
Owl crafts are often made in the fall. Below are a few fun ones I found.
- * Bark Owl Craft | Fireflies & Mudpies
- Owl Pinecone Craft | Meaningful Mama
- Walnut Owls | Red Ted Art
- * Stone and Shell Owl Craft [Photo Below]
3. Acorn Nature Crafts
Acorns can be found on the ground by the thousands in the fall. I will be sharing some more fun things to make with them soon. Be sure you sign up for my newsletter so you don’t miss it.
- * DIY Acorn Peg Dolls
- Acorn Marble Necklaces
- Decorating and Preserve Acorns for Fall Decor | Close to Home
- Acorn Frame | Crafts by Amanda
- Stick and Acorn Men | The Magic Onions
- Carved Acorn Skulls | Skull A Day
- Woodland Fairy Folk (These are made out of Acorns, Pinecones, and Helicopter Seeds) | Twig and Toadstool
- Acorn Wreath for Kids | Craftulate
- Acorn Marble Necklaces (photo below)
4. Pumpkin Nature Crafts
Because Halloween occurs in the fall, most everyone does some pumpkin crafting.
- Best Ever Pumpkin Carving Tip | Happy Hooligans
- How to Carve a Pumpkin | Kids Activities Blog
- Easy No Mess Pumpkin Carving | No Time for Flashcards
- Over 700 Free Pumpkin Carving Stencils | Spaceships and Laserbeams
- 8 Pumpkin Carving Alternatives for Kids | She Lives Free
- 14 Pumpkin Decorating Ideas | My Life and Kids
- Chalkboard Pumpkins | Sunny Day Family (Photo Below)
5. Walnut Shell Nature Crafts
Walnuts are harvested in the fall so there are lots of shells around to do some crafting.
- Walnut Shell Boats | Twodaloo
- Racing Walnut Mice | Red Ted Art has many more walnut crafts-click on the link to find them all.
- Walnut Shell Turtles | No Time for Flashcards (Photo Below)
6. Pinecone Nature Crafts
Pinecones can be found everywhere in the fall, and so can crafts made with them.
- 25+ Pinecone Crafts and Activities
- Rhinestone Pinecones
- Pinecone Hedge Hogs | Mum in the Madhouse
- Pinecone Owls | Crafts by Amanda
- Pinecone Pets | Zing Zing Tree
- Pinecone Spiders Halloween Craft for Kids | Fireflies & Mudpies
- How to Make a Pinecone Garland | The Magic Onions
- * Autumn Pinecone Fairies | The Magic Onions (Photo Below)
7. Turkey Nature Crafts
Since Thanksgiving occurs in the fall, you can always find lots of fun turkey crafts.
- Pinecone Turkeys | A Pumpkin and a Princess
- Pumpkin Turkeys | The Chaos and the Clutter
- Leaf Turkey Card | Toddler Approved
- Leaf Turkey Craft for Kids | Crafty Morning (Photo Below)
- * Turkey Leaf Lanterns (photo below)
8. Helicopter Seed Nature Crafts
I love helicopter seed crafts and can not wait to make a few of my own. Both of the dragonflies found below are gorgeous! And the wall hanging is simply divine.
- Helicopter Seed Craft – Wall Hanging | Zing Zing Tree
- * Autumn Woodland Treasures Sculpture | Filth Wizardry
- Helicopter Seed Dragonfly Craft | Learn Create Love on Housing a Forest (Photo Below)
9. Apple Nature Crafts
Apple crafts made out of natural items are hard to come by. I had to include what little I could find because fall is apple season.
- Fine Motor Apple Hedgehogs
- Leaf Nut and Apple Wind Catcher Mobile | Fun Family Crafts
- How to Craft a Clove Apple Pomander | Crafting a Green World
- Pinecone Apples | Fireflies & Mudpies (Photo Below)
10. Fall Wreaths made from Natural Items
There are so many amazing fall wreaths. You can find a few good one’s below.
- Easy Fall Wreath with Autumn Leaves | What we do all day
- Fall Wreath for Kids | Mommy’s Bundle
- Preschool Fall Wreath Craft | Preschool Powel Packets
- Make an Autumn Wreath | The Magic Onions (Photo Below)
Try some of these fun top 10 fall nature craft projects this autumn. Fall is one of the best times of year to make nature crafts. There are always pinecones, acorns, walnuts, sticks and leaves laying on the ground waiting to be collected, and made into something beautiful.
Most of these fall nature craft ideas can be made by kids and adults of all ages. There are even some that are easy enough for toddlers and preschoolers. They make wonderful gifts and perfect autumn home decor.
You May Also Like
- How to Make a Fall Nature Table
- DIY Fall Peg Doll Fairies
- Sensory Card Nature Scavenger Hunt
- Collect Treasures for a Nature Sensory Bin
- 11 Ways to Celebrate the Fall Autumnal Equinox
- Nature-Inspired Sensory Bottles
- Watercolor and Fall Leaves Art
This post is part of the Top 10 Apple and Fall ideas Blog hop. Check out all the other great blogs and posts below.
- Top 10 Books on Apples for Learning from Powerful Mothering
- Top 10 Playful Apple Activities for Toddlers from School Time Snippets
- Top 10 Apple Projects for Crochet Lovers from Words n Needles
- Top 10 Science Ideas for Fall from P is for Preschooler
- Top 10 Fine Motors Skills Apple Activities from Crafty Kids at Home
- Top 10 Fall Sensory Activities from Play & Learn Everyday
- Top 10 Free Apple Printables from Something 2 Offer
- Top 10 Apple Themed Learning Activities from Artsy Momma
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter below so you don’t miss anything!
Latest posts by nell (see all)
- Book Inspired Rainbow Science STEAM Activities for Kids - February 16, 2017
- Rainbow Watercolor Raised Salt Paint Shamrock - February 14, 2017
- 15 Ways to Celebrate the Spring Vernal Equinox - February 11, 2017