Add a little rustic bling to your Christmas tree with DIY rhinestone pinecone ornaments! An easy kid-made book-inspired Christmas nature craft kids and adults both enjoy crafting for the holidays.
Related: Christmas Ornaments Kids Can Make
How to Make Rhinestone Pinecone Ornaments
My daughter and I love going on nature hunts to collect pinecones and other natural materials for nature crafts like these beautiful Christmas ornaments. Rhinestone pinecone ornaments are inspired by the children’s book “The Pinecone Walk.”
“In this rhyming book about Nature, a little girl and her grandfather discover treasures as they walk to gather pinecones for their evening fire. Soon the little girl discovers the best treasure of all… If we look around, there are treasures to be found! “
Related: Acorn Marble Ornaments
Rhinestone Pinecone Ornaments supplies
Christmas Nature Craft Materials
- Pinecones – find in nature or purchase Ponderosa Pine Cones
- Multicolor Rhinestone Gem self-adhesive stickers or Clear Rhinestone Sticker Sheet
- Glue Gun (optional)
Please note: Rhinestone stickers are a choking hazard for young children under three years old. Please make sure your child is mature enough to handle small parts if you offer this Christmas nature craft.
Related: Rhinestone Pinecones Nature Craft
Related: 15 Ways to Raise a Helper
Rustic Christmas Pinecone Ornaments: Directions
- Invite your child to place rhinestone stickers on the scales of pinecones.
- If you want to make sure the rhinestones stay attached, use a glue gun. (Optional)
- Use a glue gun to attach a wooden bead to the bottom of each rhinestone pinecone ornament.
- Thread a section of twine through each bead on the bottom of each pinecone ornament to make a hanger.
My daughter and I like to make new Christmas ornaments every year. It’s one of the family Christmas traditions that we both cherish. Click HERE to see more of our favorite homemade Christmas ornaments.
This post is a part of the annual 10 days of a kid-made Christmas. To see all of the other amazing ornaments and gift inspired by children’s books click HERE!
A few other Kid-made Christmas ornaments from top participating bloggers are listed below. Can you guess which children’s book inspired each craft?
- I Spy Ornament | The Moments at Home
- Old Fashioned Two Ingredient Cinnamon Ornaments | Wunder-Mom
- Cupcake Liner Ornaments | Sunny Day Family
You May Also Like:
- 15 Ways to Raise a Helper
- Books That Teach Kids Important Life Lessons
- Meaningful Christmas Traditions for a Magical Holiday
- Ultimate Gift Guide with DIY and Readymade Ideas the Whole Family Will LOVE!
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!