The fall is a great time to get outside and play with fall leaves. Below you will find 10 easy ways for kids and families to have fun outside with autumn leaves.
This post is part of The Get Outside and Connect Series. To learn all about it click on the link.
10 Ways to Have Fun Outside with Fall Leaves
Make a game out of catching and counting fall leaves. Click on the link to find out how.
2. Rake and Jump in Piles of Leaves
This activity is one of the simplest and most classic ways to get outside and have fun with fall leaves. Want to make it more interesting? Try the one of the next two activities while your at it.
3. Make a Leaf Maze or Labyrinth in Your Backyard from Happy Hooligans
Since you have to rake, why not make a leaf maze or labyrinth while your out there? Click on the link for all the fun details.
4. Make a Leaf Slide from Happy Hooligans
Yup, you read that right… A leaf slide! Click on the link to learn more.
5. Go on a Leaf Hunt from Edventures with Kids
Go on a leaf hunt! Click on the link to download the free printables and learn more about the many ways to do this activity.
6. Find the Tree That Matches the Leaf from A Mom with a Lesson Plan
Click on the link for all the details on how to play this fun game.
7. Make Land Art from the Artful Parent
Use fall leaves to make land art. Click on the link to learn all about this beautiful way to create art.
8. Find Symmetry in Nature from Buggy and Buddy
Use fall leaves for this fantastic STEM activity. Clink on the link to learn all about how to do this fun learning activity.
9. Identify Leaves from Wildflower Ramblings
Download these wonderful Leaf Identification Cards and take them with you on a nature walk.
10. Go on a Leaf Counting Scavenger Hunt from Hands on as we Grow
This scavenger hunt uses a fun way to count leaves. Click on the link to learn how.
Get outside, connect and have fun playing and learning about leaves this fall with these awesome activities!
More Fun Ideas for Using Fall Leaves
- Fall Leaf Lacing
- Turkey Leaf Lanterns
- Make a Thankful Tree with Autumn Leaves
- Heart Leaf Lanterns
- Fall Leaves Fish in the Sea Nature Craft
- Invitation to Create Fall Leaves Art
- Top 10 Fall Nature Crafts
More Outside Activities
This post is a part of the get outside & connect series. To learn more about it click on the link.
For even more outside activities follow me on Pinterest.
Subscribe to our mailing list so you don’t miss next week’s activity!
The One Essential Tool You Need To Get Organized For Good!
Join the Rhythms of Play community to get organized, connect with your kids, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!