Invite children from toddlers to teens outside on a scavenger hunt this fall with these printable autumn scavenger hunt ideas!
Here’s a printable fall scavenger hunt idea for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, elementary school-aged kids, teens, and the young at heart. This autumn-themed nature scavenger hunt provides a great way to get the kids outside learning and having fun.
Children of all ages enjoy going on a scavenger hunt during the fall, but this autumn scavenger hunt printable can be just as much fun for grown-ups as it is for kids! Older children and adults might also enjoy searching for the first signs of autumn.
No matter which you choose, both scavenger hunt ideas are a great way to educate children about the gorgeous seasonal changes that everyone can witness during the autumn season. But, of course, nothing quite compares to the magic of autumn colors, so get outside and enjoy looking for some of the common seasonal sights!
Get the printable HERE–> Fall Scavenger Hunt Printable
Printable Autumn Scavenger Hunt for Toddlers
Scavenger hunts provide a wonderful learning opportunity for children of all ages, and this simple autumn scavenger hunt printable is no exception. Challenge the kids to check off all of the autumn-themed items they can find in one day or over the course of the entire season, and of course, feel free to join in the fun. I always do!
You might also enjoy our signs of autumn scavenger hunt for elementary-aged children, teens, and adults. Invite the kids outside to search for the first signs of fall with this fun and educational nature scavenger hunt idea!
How to Go on an Autumn Scavenger Hunt
- First, head over to the Rhythms of Play Learning Center to download the printable autumn-themed scavenger hunt for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Get the Printable HERE—> Fall Scavenger Hunt
- Then, print the scavenger hunt onto cardstock or regular printer paper.
- Next, invite children outside to search for the autumn-themed items listed on the printable scavenger hunt. When they spot one of the signs on the printable, put a checkmark in the box next to it.
- Finally, reward children for a job well done once they check off all of the items on the list. (Psst… A trip to the library, park, or the ice cream parlor makes a great reward!)
Related: Nature Sensory Bin Scavenger Hunt
Fall Nature Scavenger Hunt for Toddlers and Preschoolers
Although this fall scavenger hunt printable was designed for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners, older children and adults will also enjoy checking off the autumn-themed items on the list. And, of course, you can always invite older children to search for the signs of autumn for even more of a challenge.
You will notice that both printables have similar autumn-themed items on the list, but the pictures on this printable fall scavenger hunt make it easier for children that have not learned how to read yet; While our signs of autumn printable is more challenging for older children and adults. For more fun ideas, have a look at these fun outdoor learning activities for kids.
More Scavenger Hunt Ideas for Kids
- Nature Sensory Bin Scavenger Hunt
- Seasonal Nature Scavenger Hunt Ideas
- Sensory Card Nature Scavenger Hunt
- Bird Scavenger Hunt Ideas (Included in Birding for Kids)
- Signs of Summer Scavenger Hunt
- Search for the Signs of Autumn Fall Scavenger Hunt
- Signs of Winter Nature Scavenger Hunt
- Search for the Signs of Spring Scavenger Hunt