Kids love to make pipe cleaner crafts like this easy bunny craft with pipe cleaners and wooden beads.
Put together pipe cleaner Easter crafts, like this cute wooden bead bunny craft for kids and adults, in minutes–you don’t even need glue! With our easy pipe cleaner and wooden bead bunny craft instructions, you can learn how to make this cute bunny craft for Easter with your children at home or in the classroom!
Pipe cleaner and bead bunnies make easy bunny crafts for preschoolers and up that are fun to make for Easter. These simple bunny crafts made with pipe cleaners and wooden beads are so easy to make that you don’t even need glue!
Of course, you can use a bit of glue to secure the bunny craft if you like, but you don’t need it. It is also optional to color the wooden beads before making this pipe cleaner bunny craft. Bead bunnies are adorable with both colored wooden beads and unfinished wooden beads. You can see all of our wooden bead bunny craft examples in the photos below!
Related: How to Make a Wooden Bead Bracelet
Related: Easter Art Projects for Kids
How to Make a Pipe Cleaner Bunny with Wooden Beads
This tutorial gives directions to make a pipe cleaner bunny craft with colored or unfinished wooden beads using a simple technique that my daughter and I invented–no glue required!
Follow the simple step-by-step directions below to make this easy bunny craft for preschoolers and kids of all ages! Repeat as needed to make multiple wooden bead bunnies.
If you would like to make colored wooden bead bunny crafts, hop over to learn how to color wooden beads using three different methods!
Related: Fun Spring Activities for Kids
Wooden Bead Bunny Craft Supplies
- Pipe cleaners
- Wooden beads
- Liquid watercolors, food coloring, or acrylic paint (optional–choose one to color wooden beads or leave unfinished)
To Make Each Bead & Pipe Cleaner Bunny Craft You Will Need:
Related: Rainbow Peg Dolls DIY Toy for Kids
Pipe Cleaner Bead Bunny Step by Step Instructions
Pipe cleaner and bead bunnies like these make easy bunny crafts for preschoolers. Our video tutorial shows each step in action–you can find it posted below the written pipe cleaner bunny instructions.
Step 1 – Cut pipe cleaners or chenille stems
- First, use a pair of craft scissors to cut two pipe cleaners into two 8 inch sections.
- Next, cut 2 inches off one of the remaining pipe cleaner scraps, and set it aside to use in step 5.
Step 2 – Fold pipe cleaners or chenille stems in half
- Fold both 8-inch sections of pipe cleaners or chenille stems in half.
Step 3 – Interlock pipe cleaner halves
- Join the folded sections of pipe cleaner by interlocking them at each fold so that the open ends of the folded pipe cleaners are facing away from each other.
- The bunny craft video tutorial below shows how to do this step.
Step 4 – Thread interlocked pipe cleaners through the wooden beads
- Next, thread the folded and interlocked pipe cleaners through a 25mm wooden bead and a 20mm wooden bead so that the smaller 20mm wooden bead is on top.
- Ensure that the interlocked section where the two pipe cleaners meet is sitting inside the top 20mm wooden bead.
- Again, if you would like to use colored wooden beads, use our colored wooden bead tutorial.
Step 5 – Make a bead and pipe cleaner bunny tail and place it inside the bottom of the bunny.
- Thread a 12mm wooden bead onto the 2-inch section of pipe cleaner that you cut and set aside in step 1.
- Fold the 2-inch section of the chenille stem in half around the wooden bead and thread it into the bottom of the 25mm wooden bead to make the bunny tail for your wooden bead bunny.
- You can see how we did this step in the wooden bead bunny video tutorial below.
Step 6 – Make pipe cleaner bunny feet.
- First, fold the pipe cleaners sticking out of the bottom bead and tuck them into the bottom of the bunny craft.
- Next, fold the pipe cleaner loops up and away from the bunny tail to make the pipe cleaner bunny feet.
- Then, secure the pipe cleaner bunny feet and bunny tail with a glue gun or white glue if desired. (optional)
- Adding glue to the bunny craft to make it more secure is optional but not necessary. We did not use glue when we made our pipe cleaner bunnies, and they are holding up great!
Step 7 – Make pipe cleaner bunny ears.
- Shape the pipe cleaners sticking out of the top 20mm wooden bead into bunny ears by folding each side down and tucking them into the top of the bunny craft.
- Secure the pipe cleaner bunny ears with a glue gun or white glue if desired. Again, gluing these bunny crafts to make them more secure is optional but not necessary.
Related: How to Make an Easter Tree
Wooden Bead and Pipe Cleaner Bunny Craft Video Tutorial
Pipe Cleaner Bunny Crafts with Wooden Beads: Photo Examples
My daughter and I had so much fun together figuring out how to make pipe cleaner bunnies with wooden beads. When we design crafts like this, we call it craft engineering and find it an excellent brain-building STEAM activity for kids (and their caregivers).
Once we came up with this technique, we decided to make lots of bead bunnies using different types of unfinished and colored wooden beads so you could see them all. We thought it would help make it easy for you to decide how YOU want to make this easy bunny craft.
Related: Wooden Easter Egg Decorating Ideas
Pipe Cleaner Bunny Crafts with Unfinished Wooden Beads
My daughter and I made the pipe cleaner bunnies below with unfinished wooden beads. In other words–we didn’t want to color, dye, or paint the wooden beads before turning them into bead bunnies. Making bead bunnies doesn’t get any easier than this!
Pipe Cleaner Bunny Crafts with Colored Wooden Beads
Using different kinds of colored wooden beads produces stunning effects! We made pipe cleaner bunnies with dyed wooden beads and painted wooden beads. Check out the photo examples below!
Pipe Cleaner Bunny Crafts with Dyed Wooden Beads
Pipe cleaner bunnies made with dyed wooden beads are also really quick and easy to make. Learn how to dye wooden beads with our easy tutorial. Just click on the link!
Related: How to Color Wooden Blocks
Pipe Cleaner Bunny Crafts with Painted Wooden Beads
In the photo below, we used painted wooden beads to make the pipe cleaner bunny crafts. Learn how to paint wooden beads with our tutorial–click on the link!
Easy Bunny Crafts for Preschoolers and Kids of all Ages
This easy tutorial teaches how to make a wooden bead and pipe cleaner bunny. And these easy bunny crafts for preschoolers and kids of all ages are fun to make for Easter. We hope you enjoy making pipe cleaner and wooden bead bunnies with your children at home or in the classroom.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
More Pipe Cleaner Crafts
- Pom-Pom Baby Chick
- Golden Poppies made with Pipe Cleaners
- Pom-Pom Love Bugs
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Pom Pom Craft
More Wooden Bead Crafts
- How to Color or Dye Wooden Beads
- Wooden Bead Bracelets
- How to Start and Finish a Beaded Necklace or Bracelet