Use these easy pipe cleaner and wooden bead bunny craft ideas to make cute wooden bunny crafts for Easter, as a part of your spring celebrations, or just for fun any time of year.
Here’s a cute pipe cleaner and wooden bead bunny craft idea for kids and adults–that doesn’t require glue or any other adhesives–and only takes minutes to make! Use the step-by-step pipe cleaner bunny craft instructions below to learn how to make DIY wooden bead bunny crafts for the spring equinox, Easter, (or any other time of year) at home or in the classroom.
Once finished, these DIY Easter bunny crafts made with colored, dyed, or unfinished wooden beads and pipe cleaners look lovely adorning spring nature tables, sitting in Easter Baskets, as bunny ornaments hanging on an Easter tree, and are a fun surprise to find inside an egg (instead of a piece of chocolate) on an Easter egg hunt. My daughter likes to use her bead bunnies as open-ended toys on her adventures in pretend or dramatic play deep within the reaches of her imagination.
Bead Easter bunnies look adorable with both colored wooden beads and unfinished wooden beads. So we decided to provide several homemade wooden bead bunny craft examples in the photographs below (made with different colors of beads and pipe cleaners), to make it easy to see each of the bunny craft idea options choose the type of pipe cleaner and wooden bead craft you would like to make. First published March 29, 2019 this bunny craft idea post is regularly updated and republished to improve the content. Scroll down to see all of the cute bead bunnies you can make! You might also enjoy this list of fun spring activities for kids and adults.
Pipe Cleaner and Wooden Bead Bunny Craft Ideas
Both kids and adults love to make pipe cleaner crafts, so we decided to create a how-to tutorial that gives step-by-step directions to make a pipe cleaner bunny craft with colored or unfinished wooden beads using a super simple technique that my daughter and I invented–no glue required!
So whether you are looking for a bunny craft to make to celebrate the spring, pipe cleaner Easter crafts, or fun pipe cleaner crafts for kids to make that can help them develop their creativity, imagination, fine motor skills, and more. These bunny crafts made with pipe cleaners and wooden beads are a hit with children and adults every time! You might also enjoy learning how to use the same beads to make beaded bracelets or necklaces.
How to Make a Pipe Cleaner Bunny Craft with Wooden Beads
Learn how to make a pipe cleaner bunny with colorful or unfinished wooden beads with this easy bunny craft tutorial. DIY pipe cleaner and bead bunnies are easy bunny crafts for kids (preschool age and up) and adults. Simple bunny crafts like those shown in the photographs are so easy to make, you don’t even need glue!
Of course, you can use a bit of glue to secure the bunny craft if you like, but it’s not required unless you have a toddler around that likes to take them apart. It is also optional to color the wooden beads before making a pipe cleaner bunny craft.
Follow the simple step-by-step directions below to make these easy bead bunny crafts for or with preschoolers and kids of all ages. Repeat steps as needed to make multiple wooden bead bunnies. If you would like to make wooden bead bunny crafts with colored beads, hop (yup, hop like one of these cute little bunnies) over to learn how to color wooden beads using three different coloring methods. You might also enjoy this list of Easter art projects and painting ideas for kids.
Wooden Bead Bunny Craft Supplies:
- Pipe cleaners
- Wooden beads
- Liquid watercolors, food coloring, or acrylic paint (optional–choose one to color wooden beads or leave unfinished)
Each Singlular bead and pipe cleaner Easter bunny craft requires the following Craft supplies:
You will need two pipe cleaners or chenille stems, one 25mm wooden bead, one 20mm wooden bead, and one 12mm wooden bead to make each wooden bunny craft. As mentioned above and described in the step-by-step bunny craft instructions below, the beads can be used to make wooden bead bunnies in their raw unfinished form, or they can be painted, colored, or dyed before you make bunny crafts. As shown in the photographs, both bead bunny craft options look adorable. You might also enjoy The Best Art Supplies for Kids and Why Young Artists Should Use Them.
Pipe Cleaner Bead Bunny Step-by-Step Instructions
Learn how to make wooden bead bunny crafts with pipe cleaners with the step-by-step craft instructions below. Pipe cleaner and bead bunnies like those shown in the photograph and described here are easy bunny crafts for preschoolers, kindergarteners, elementary school-aged kids, tweens, teens, and adults that can be made at home or in the classroom.
The video tutorial shows each step described below in action, scroll down to see it, you can find it in the section below the written pipe cleaner bunny instructions. You might also enjoy making rainbow peg dolls, which are another super cute wooden DIY toy for kids.
1. Trim or cut pipe cleaners or chenille stems:
- First, use a pair of craft scissors to cut two pipe cleaners into two 8-inch sections.
- Next, cut 2 inches off one of the remaining pipe cleaner scraps, and set it aside to use in step 5.
2. Fold pipe cleaners or chenille stems in half:
- Fold both 8-inch sections of pipe cleaners or chenille stems in half, as shown in the bunny craft video tutorial below.
3. Interlock both halves of the pipe cleaner together:
- Join the folded sections of pipe cleaner by interlocking them at each fold so that the open ends of the folded pipe cleaners are facing away from each other.
- The bunny craft video tutorial below shows how to do this step.
4. Thread the interlocked pipe cleaners through the wooden beads:
- Next, thread the folded and interlocked pipe cleaners through a 25mm wooden bead and a 20mm wooden bead so that the smaller 20mm wooden bead is on top.
- Ensure that the interlocked section where the two pipe cleaners meet is sitting inside the top 20mm wooden bead.
- Again, if you would like to use colored wooden beads, use our colored wooden bead tutorial.
5. Make the bead and pipe cleaner bunny tail and place it inside the bottom of the bunny:
- Thread a 12mm wooden bead onto the 2-inch section of pipe cleaner that you cut and set aside in step 1.
- Fold the 2-inch section of the chenille stem in half around the wooden bead and thread it into the bottom of the 25mm wooden bead to make the bunny tail for your wooden bead bunny craft.
- You can see how we did this step in the wooden bead bunny video tutorial below.
6. Make a pair of pipe cleaner bunny feet:
- First, fold the pipe cleaners sticking out of the bottom bead and tuck them into the bottom of the bunny craft.
- Next, fold the pipe cleaner loops up and away from the bunny tail to make the pipe cleaner bunny feet.
- Then, secure the pipe cleaner bunny feet and bunny tail with a glue gun or white glue if desired. (optional)
- Adding glue to the bunny craft to make it more secure is optional but not necessary. We did not use glue when we made our pipe cleaner bunnies, and they are holding up great!
7. How to Make Pipe Cleaner Bunny Ears:
- Shape the pipe cleaners sticking out of the 20mm wooden bead on the top into bunny ears by folding each side down and tucking them into the top of the bunny craft.
- Secure the pipe cleaner bunny ears with a glue gun or white glue if desired. Again, gluing these bunny crafts to make them more secure is optional but not necessary unless you have a toddler around who likes to take them apart.
Related: How to Make an Easter Tree
Wooden Bead and Pipe Cleaner Bunny Craft Step-By-Step Video Tutorial:
Click the play button to watch the pipe cleaner and wooden bead bunny craft video tutorial. The step-by-step DIY bead bunny video tutorial makes it easy to see how to make a wooden bead bunny craft so you can make several bead bunnies for your spring and Easter celebrations. Next, scroll down for several easy wooden bead bunny craft ideas you can use to make these cute bunny crafts.
Pipe Cleaner Bunny Crafts with Wooden Beads: Photo Examples
My daughter and I had so much fun together figuring out how to make pipe cleaner bunnies with wooden beads. When we design crafts like this, we call it craft engineering and find it an excellent brain-building STEAM activity, and fine-motor development skill for kids (and their caregivers).
Once we came up with this technique, we decided to make lots of bead bunnies using different types of unfinished and colored wooden beads so you could see lots of different examples of ways they can be crafted into sweet little bunny figurines. Because we thought it would help make it easy for you to decide how YOU want to make this easy bunny craft.
Related: Wooden Easter Egg Decorating Ideas
Pipe Cleaner Bunny Crafts with Unfinished Wooden Beads:
- My daughter and I made the pipe cleaner bunnies below with unfinished wooden beads.
- In other words, we didn’t color, dye, or paint the wooden beads before crafting them into the cute bead bunnies you see in the photograph below.
- Making bead bunnies doesn’t get any easier than this!
Pipe Cleaner Bunny Craft with Colored Wooden Beads:
Using different kinds of colored wooden beads to craft wooden bunnies produces stunning effects! We made the adorable bunny crafts below with dyed wooden beads and painted wooden beads. Check out each of the photo examples below!
Pipe Cleaner Bunny Crafts with Dyed Wooden Beads:
- Pipe cleaner bunnies made with dyed wooden beads are also really quick and easy to make.
- Click the link to learn how to dye wooden beads with the easy step-by-step DIY tutorial.
Related: How to Color Wooden Blocks
Pipe Cleaner Bunny Crafts with Painted Wooden Beads:
- The photo below shows examples of colorful wooden bunny crafts in an Easter Basket made with beads painted with acrylic paint.
- In other words, we painted the wooden beads before using them to make the pipe cleaner bunny crafts. Learn how to paint wooden beads with this simple step-by-step tutorial!
Benefits of Making Pipe Cleaner and Bead Bunny Crafts
Making wooden bead bunny crafts with pipe cleaners offers a wealth of creative and practical benefits. First, this fun Easter bunny craft activity provides an excellent way to enhance fine motor skills, build hand strenth and dexterity, and encourage creativity in children and adults alike. The tactile experience of handling wooden beads and manipulating pipe cleaners to make bunny rabbits with these easy Easter craft ideas fosters hand-eye coordination and stimulates imaginative open-ended play. You might also enjoy this list of open-ended toys for kids.
Creating bead crafts like these cute little wooden Easter bunnies can be a calming, therapeutic activity, offering a peaceful break from the digital world. Making these pipe cleaner and bead crafts also fosters a sense of accomplishment upon completing the bunny decoration. Whether for holiday festivities, decorative accents, or simply for the joy of making, wooden bead bunny crafts with pipe cleaners are a delightful project with versatile uses and benefits. You might also enjoy making birdhouses out of toilet paper rolls.
Uses and Purpose for Bunny Crafts
These bead bunnies can serve many purposes: they make adorable Easter toys, adding a personalized touch to spring and Easter holiday celebrations. It’s a lot of fun to make unique, handmade gifts that convey thoughtfulness and creativity for spring and Easter holiday celebrations.
As shown in the photos, bead bunnies look adorable sitting in Easter baskets with wooden Easter eggs and other DIY toys and Easter gifts. These easy Easter bunny craft ideas also look lovely adorning spring nature tables, or hanging from an Easter tree, and are fun to find hiding inside an egg (instead of a piece of chocolate) inside of an egg on a Easter egg hunt.
Additionally, they can be used as charming spring decorations and brighten up any space as DIY decor. You might also enjoy making Easter bunny crafts from wood scraps.
Easy Bunny Craft for Preschoolers and Kids of All Ages
This fun spring craft tutorial teaches how to make a wooden bead and pipe cleaner bunny. Easy bunny crafts for preschoolers (and kids of all ages) are fun to make for Easter and to celebrate the return of spring. We hope you enjoy making pipe cleaner and wooden bead bunnies with your children or students at home or in the classroom.
If you have ever wondered how bunnies and eggs came to be associated with Easter, hop over to read family Easter traditions. We have uncovered some fun facts to share with you! You may also enjoy this collection of cute baby chick crafts and these fun Easter art projects for kids.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
Pipe Cleaner Crafts
Wooden Bead Crafts
- How to Color or Dye Wooden Beads
- Wooden Bead Bracelets
- How to Start and Finish a Beaded Necklace or Bracelet
DIY Toys for Kids
- Rainbow Peg Dolls
- Popsicle Stick Boat Craft
- Rainbow Colored Blocks
- Tetris Inspired Puzzle Cube DIY
- Waldorf Square Geometric Puzzle
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Puppet Craft and DIY Toy
Hand-Beaded Crafts and Jewelry-Making Projects:
- Sea Glass DIY Wind Chime
- Rainbow Suncatcher
- Hand-Beaded Hanging Heart Prism Suncatcher
- How to Make, Start, and Finish a Beaded Necklace or Bracelet
- Beaded Mother & Daughter Necklace Set DIY
- Personalized Name, Word, or Phrase DIY Necklace
- Hand-Beaded Necklace for Mom, Grandma, or Nana
- Beaded Snowflake Ornaments