I came up with the idea for how to make this golden poppy craft while photographing them in my backyard. Now I can enjoy them year round!
Golden Poppy Craft
This golden poppy craft can be made in many colors for many different purposes. They would make a lovely centerpiece or gift for Mother’s Day, weddings, showers, and birthday’s. They would also be perfect for displaying on nature tables, and would be a great addition to a botany unit!
Golden Poppy Craft Supplies
- Orange, gold or yellow felt
- Green or light green pipe cleaners
- Embroidery Floss in orange and/or gold
- Green loom bands
- Glue gun
Golden Poppy Craft Directions
Step 1 – Gather Supplies
Step 2 – Cut petals
- I free-hand cut each petal. You can also cut out several triangles the same size and then round all the corners.
- If you are making these with your kids use a ruler to draw triangles on the felt all the same size. Have your kid(s) cut them out and round each corner.
Step 3 – Make sure you have 4 petals for each flower
Step 4 – Cut pistles
- Cut 5 – 10, 2 – 3″ sections of darning thread for each poppy.
- The stamen will be the top of the pipe cleaner.
Step 5 – Gather parts of each flower together
- 4 Petals, 1 pipe cleaner, 1 loom band, and 5-10, 2-3 inch sections of darning thread.
- This is to be able to work on several flowers at once if you havekids and/or friends helping you.
Step 6 – Place darning thread around pipe cleaner
Step 7 – Place one petal behind thread and pipe cleaner
Step 8 – Place second petal on top
- Use glue gun to place a drop of glue in between petals towards the bottom.
Step 10 – Wrap loom band around base of petals
- Wrap the loom bands as many times as you need to make it nice and tight.
- Gently open petals to bring loom band into position. Be careful not to pull petals out. The loom band should sit approximately 1/4 inch above the bottom of each petal.
Step 12 – Place in small vase and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this golden Poppy craft as much as I did. It’s a fun craft that can easily be displayed almost anywhere. 🙂
This post is a part of the Tour the World by Flower Blog Hop. Click on the link to see the other flowers made by participating bloggers.
You May Also Like
- DIY Rainbow Peg Dolls for pretend play and matching games
- All Season Hand and Fingerprint Tree
- DIY Leave-in Conditioner and Detangling Spray
- DIY Rainbow Colored Blocks
For more fun ideas follow me on Facebook & Pinterest!
Subscribe to our mailing list so you don’t miss anything!
The One Essential Tool You Need To Get Organized For Good!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to get organized, connect with your kids, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!