Learn how to make beaded snowflake ornaments with our step by step video tutorial!
Add a touch of magic to your Christmas tree with a few sparkling beaded snowflake ornaments! Beaded snowflakes are a fun snowflake craft that kids and adults can make for Christmas or the winter solstice. Beaded snowflake crafts also make gorgeous suncatchers hanging in a sunlit window. You may also enjoy learning How to Start and Finish a Beaded Necklace or Bracelet.
Related: Fun Family Christmas Traditions
DIY Beaded Christmas Snowflake Ornaments
When I was a child, beading and jewelry making was one of my favorite hobbies. A hobby I LOVE to share with my daughter today. Learning how to make beaded snowflake ornaments is an easy Christmas craft for kids, teens, and adults.
All you need is a few snowflake craft supplies and the desire to create a multitude of gorgeous beaded patterns! Add a touch of sparkle to your holiday season with these beautiful beaded Christmas snowflake ornaments.
Follow the simple step by step instructions below to learn how to make this simple DIY wire bead snowflake ornament craft. A Christmas craft that both children and adults can enjoy!
Related: DIY Christmas Ornaments
Wire Bead Snowflake Ornament Craft Supplies
- Wire snowflake forms – Click the link to see all of the sizes available. We used a 3 3/4 inch wire snowflake form.
- Round nose pliers – inexpensive option, or recommended option
- Ribbon or monofilament
- Swarovski crystals beads (Use beads sized 2mm to 8mm for smaller wire snowflake forms, and 2mm to 12mm beads for larger snowflakes)
- Faceted (cut) glass beads
What are the Best Beads for Making Beaded Snowflake Ornaments?
Swarovski crystals beads make the most amazing beaded snowflake crafts. Faceted (cut) glass beads can also be used to make wire bead snowflake ornaments and look just as pretty, but crystals give that extra bit of sparkle.
As mentioned in the supply section, beads that are sized 2mm to 8mm are best for the smaller wire snowflake forms while 2mm to 12mm beads can be used to make larger snowflakes.
Click on the links to see all of the snowflake ornament craft bead options available today. Leftover beads can be used to make beaded necklaces and bracelets to give as gifts. Click on the link to learn how!
Related: Clay Snowman Ornament
How to Make Beaded Snowflake Ornaments: Step by Step Instructions
Learn how to make beaded snowflake ornaments with the step by step directions below. Both children and adults can enjoy this snowflake craft. You can “see” how to complete each step in the handmade beaded snowflake video tutorial in the next section.
- Choose a simple bead pattern for each wire bead snowflake ornament. Like real snowflakes, an infinite number of beaded patterns are possible for this snowflake craft.
- Place crystal beads on a wire snowflake bead ornament craft form one arm at a time.
- After each beaded snowflake arm is complete, use round nose pliers to turn the wire’s end toward the last bead to close the loop. Grab the tip of the wire form with a pair of round nose pliers. Turn clockwise 1/4 turn. Readjust your grip and turn another 1/4 inch to complete the loop. (This important step is shown in the video below)
- Repeat until each arm of the wire bead snowflake ornament is complete.
- Use a section of ribbon or monofilament line to hang your homemade beaded snowflake ornaments on the Christmas Tree, Winter Solstice Tree, or a sunlit window.
Related: Rhinestone Pinecone Ornaments
How to Make Beaded Snowflakes Step by Step Video Tutorial
This snowflake craft is for making beaded snowflake ornaments to adorn your Christmas Tree. They also look lovely hanging in a window. Watch our video to see how easy it is to make beaded snowflake ornaments. This wire bead ornament craft can help you make gorgeous snowflake craft Christmas decorations to adorn your Christmas tree!
Related: Rustic Acorn Marble Ornaments
Easy Homemade Beaded Snowflake Ornament Kits
- Beaded snowflake ornaments for kids
- Holiday beaded snowflake ornament kit
- Snow crystal beaded snowflake ornament kit
- Chrystal spirals beaded ornament kit
Handmade Beaded Snowflake Ornaments
Make some sparkling snowflake ornament Christmas decorations to add a little bling to your Christmas tree this year. Making this beaded snowflake craft is a fun way to spend time connecting with the kids over the holiday break.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
If You Liked DIY Beaded Snowflake Ornaments You May Also Like:
- Christmas Ornaments Kids Can Make
- Beaded Name Necklace Literacy Activity for Kids
- Ultimate Family Gift Guide: DIY and Readymade Ideas
- Best Christmas Art Project Ideas