These simple handmade watercolor Christmas tree cards were made from my daughter’s artwork!
You can have your child paint with watercolors to make these Christmas Tree cards, or you can use artwork that your children have already made. It doesn’t even have to be watercolors to work.
We used my daughter’s wet-on-wet paintings to make these beautiful homemade cards. Click on the links to learn how to make some of your own!
Related: Christmas Ornaments Kids Can Make
Easy Watercolor Christmas Tree Cards
If your children are able to use scissors well enough to cut out Christmas tree’s they can help with every step of this card making activity. Younger children can help by creating artwork and gluing the trees to the blank cards.
Watercolor Christmas Tree Cards: Materials
- Your Child’s artwork (To find materials and directions for wet-on-wet watercolor click on the link.)
- 50 Blank Greeting Cards & Envelopes
- Free Christmas Tree Template
- Glue Stick
How to Make Watercolor Christmas Tree Cards
- Gather some of your child’s artwork and/or invite your child to create some wet-on-wet watercolor paintings. I used a few of the wet-on-wet watercolor paintings you see below.
2. Print out the Christmas Tree Template on card stock–you want a nice thick tree to trace. You can use a blank card or cardstock. You can use a Christmas tree cookie cutter to trace instead of the template if you prefer. Cut it out and then trace it in pencil onto the back of your child’s artwork. Tracing it on the back of the artwork will keep pencil marks from showing up on your tree’s once you cut them out.
3. Cut all of your traced Christmas Tree’s out.
4. Glue one Christmas Tree to the front of each blank card.
5. Write in your cards and send them to friends and family.
Watercolor Christmas Tree Cards Kids Make
Watercolor tree Christmas cards are a wonderful way to make use of your children’s artwork. Make some to share with your friends and family this Christmas! Looking for more Arts and Crafts for Kids? Click HERE!
Don’t forget to check out our Winter Bucket List and Meaningful Christmas Traditions for a Magical Holiday. You may also like our gift guide with DIY and ready-made ideas for the whole family.
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!