Frozen-Inspired Olaf Ornament Kids Make
“Do you want to build a snowman?”
My daughter squealed with excitement.
Here I was dreaming of making snowman ornaments while she dreamed of bringing Olaf to life.
So we did both!
Frozen-Inspired Olaf Ornament Kids Make
Have fun connecting with the kids making snowman ornaments this holiday season. Whether you want to make a classic snowman, snowman heads, or a Frozen-Inspired Olaf ornament the supplies are the same. Might as well try them all! Click on the links to find the tutorial for the other snowman projects.
‘Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring . . . until a sound awakens Olaf.”
Related: Christmas Ornaments Kids Can Make
Frozen-Inspired Olaf Ornament Kids Make: Materials
- Polyform clay assorted Colors & White
- Galvanized wire
- Wire cutters
- Ornament hooks or jute twine
- Oven bake clay bond and glaze pack (optional)
Related: Elf Peg Doll Ornaments Kids Can Make
How to Make a Frozen-Inspired Olaf Ornament
Wash your hands and clean the surface you will be working on. Polymer clay picks up every speck of dirt it can find. When working with white this is especially important.
You will even need to wash your hands after working with a color if you will be working with white again. Yes, really. I kept a wet washcloth nearby to keep our hands clean as my daughter and I worked.
Basic directions and a photo tutorial can be found below.
Related: Walnut Shell Manger Ornament
Olaf Ornament Assembly Directions:
- Make clay pieces of Olaf; body, snowball legs, nose, eyes, eyebrows, mouth, tooth, and buttons. The easiest way to make a carrot nose is to roll a little bit of orange polymer clay into a small ball. Next, roll one side of it like a snake until you have a small carrot.
- Select and trim twigs to use for arms and hair.
- Cut 2-1/1/2 inch section of galvanized wire. Bend it in half. Place this hook prongs down into the top of your ornament so you can hang it when you are finished assembling Olaf.
- Assemble Olaf by sticking the clay pieces of his body together. Start with the body next attach the mouth, tooth, nose, eyes, and buttons. Last add twig arms and snowball legs. Have fun making him in different positions if you wish.
- (Optional) Pull out each twig arm and each piece of twig hair one at a time. Place a drop of polyform bake and bond (also included in oven bake clay bond and glaze pack listed above) into the hole and insert the twig back into the hole. We found that this really helped the twigs attach to Olaf’s body the best.
- Bake according to polymer clay manufacturers directions. We baked ours in a 275 F oven for 25 mins laying down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Related: Rustic Acorn Marble Ornaments
Our Collection of Frozen-Inspired Olaf Ornaments
Look at all of the wonderful Olaf ornaments my daughter made! Aren’t they awesome!
She made a total of five Frozen Inspired Olaf ornaments and she still wants to make more!
Related: Simple Stone Advent Calendar
Handmade ornaments like this polymer clay Olaf ornament are perfect for the Christmas tree. They make beautiful holiday decorations and a great kid-made gift idea! Be sure you check out our Family Gift Guide and our collection of Unique Handmade Gifts Kids Can Make. Friends and family always adore gifts from the kids!
If you are looking for meaningful family Christmas traditions to try click HERE!
Olaf Gift Ideas
Disney Frozen Classic Fashion ElsaDisney Frozen Matching GameDisney Frozen Classic Fashion AnnaFrozen FeverDisney Frozen 5 Wood Puzzles In Wooden Storage Box (styles will vary)Frozen Olaf’s Night Before Christmas Book & CDFrozenDisneys Frozen Figure Play SetDisney Olaf’s Frozen Adventure Deluxe Figure Play Set – 10-Pc.Olaf’s Frozen AdventureOlaf’s Frozen Adventure Deluxe Junior Novelization (Disney Frozen)Disney Frozen Exclusive 9 Inch Plush Figure Olaf
You may also Like:
- Meaningful Christmas Traditions for a Magical Holiday
- Ultimate Family Gift Guide with DIY and Ready-Made Ideas!
- 10 Reasons to Choose the Kindness Elves Over the Elf on the Shelf
- Winter Bucket List
The One Essential Tool You Need To Get Organized For Good!
Join the Rhythms of Play community to get organized, connect with your kids, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!